Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Tony Sedgewick (Fans view in the sporting blue)

For those of you who get the sporting blue, have you read the 'fans view' by Tony Sedgewick? I think it is unfair to call it a fans view because im sure you agree that he is talking utter bollox. He moans that we havent splashed out on a big money striker (we need money first :blink: ) and he is annoyed that we have released and brought in so many players (not Leveins fault, MA bought a team of grandads on one year deals on big wages) And Mr Sedgewick goes on to say how we are a team of free transfers (we have no money cock-head) and second raters, (many of which we have never seen or even heard of, so you cannot possibly pass judgement till you see them play. Then he says how it looks as though all we will do is play the long ball game on evidence of the celtic and inter match :S was I watching the same game? He also says that our team is a lot weaker than last season, why? Just cos you havent heard of any of the players makes them crap does it? Had you ever heard of Neil Lennon and Robbie Savage? I think not.

So I wouldnt really call this a fans view, more like Tony Sedgewicks view. He is entitled to his opinion, but I think that few people will agree with him. I personally cant understand him, does he think that just cos we havent got a team of old has-beens that he has heard of, we are crap?

This bloke is a prat :mad:;):ph34r::unsure::o <_< :angry::S:blink:

COME ON CITY :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I trust in CL judgement.

Our team is a miles better than it was last season. You can't tell me that Johansson and McCarthy are worse than Heath and dodgy Dabizas!!! Maybury is the best full back in the league.

Sylla is miles better than Gillespie, Sylla is able to beat his man, get to the by-line and WIP in half decent cross.

I was overjoyed with his decison to sell Stewart and that fact that we might actually get paid money for him is incredible.

We all know that we need a striker who can score goals consistently, but so do most other clubs in the Championship.

Most teams that get promoted from this division only have one player to score goals, Wigan were an exception of this last season.

In Connolly we already have a player who is capable of 20+ goals. Look at it like this, with a bit more rub of the green, of all those shots that hit the bar/post had gone in, how many goals would he have had last season?

He also says that our team is a lot weaker than last season, why? Just cos you havent heard of any of the players makes them crap does it? Had you ever heard of Neil Lennon and Robbie Savage? I think not.

So I wouldnt really call this a fans view, more like Tony Sedgewicks view. He is entitled to his opinion, but I think that few people will agree with him. I personally cant understand him, does he think that just cos we havent got a team of old has-beens that he has heard of, we are crap?

This bloke is a prat  :mad:  ;)  :ph34r:  :unsure:  :o  <_<  :angry:  :S  :blink:

151028[/snapback]

First game team last season.

LCFC V west Ham

walker

makin dabizas heath stewart

scowcroft nalis williams wilcox

connolly dublin

subs:

pressman gemmil gillespie blake and keown.

(makes ya shudder hey)

probable sheff utd line up.

douglas (no difference)

maybury (huge difference)

sheehan or gilbert (big difference)

macarthy and johanson (huge difference)

sylla (big difference)

gudjonson williams dublin wilcox and connolly, no difference.

so a better line up, and when tiatto and kisnorbo play, with gerrbran, deep freeze, stearman, weso (at some point) on the bench, what a plonker tony is.

Infact, do we know of any tony`s (blair) that make sense?

I think they should replace the word "fans" to just "fan".

In Connolly we already have a player who is capable of 20+ goals. Look at it like this, with a bit more rub of the green, of all those shots that hit the bar/post had gone in, how many goals would he have had last season?

151039[/snapback]

We WILL create more chances than last season, and in this league you dont need to be brilliant in front of goal.

I think tony is dedicated, and probably nervous along with a natural human instinct of negativeness.

He`s also doing a rather imorale job, in that its about getting a reaction (he certainly did that), but he will be less liked.

The best thing to do, is either STOP buying the paper, or complain to his boss.

For those of you who get the sporting blue, have you read the 'fans view' by Tony Sedgewick? I think it is unfair to call it a fans view because im sure you agree that he is talking utter bollox. He moans that we havent splashed out on a big money striker (we need money first  :blink: ) and he is annoyed that we have released and brought in so many players (not Leveins fault, MA bought a team of grandads on one year deals on big wages) And Mr Sedgewick goes on to say how we are a team of free transfers (we have no money cock-head) and second raters, (many of which we have never seen or even heard of, so you cannot possibly pass judgement till you see them play. Then he says how it looks as though all we will do is play the long ball game on evidence of the celtic and inter match  :S  was I watching the same game? He also says that our team is a lot weaker than last season, why? Just cos you havent heard of any of the players makes them crap does it? Had you ever heard of Neil Lennon and Robbie Savage? I think not.

This bloke is a prat  :mad:  ;)  :ph34r:  :unsure:  :o  <_<  :angry:  :S  :blink:

151028[/snapback]

Well, don't expect much different, he'll be milking yesterday's game <_<

Sedgewick is a tw*t.  Most people on here can give a better judgement than he does.

How on earth has he managed to keep his column going for another season? :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

151546[/snapback]

Yes. Read it all last season and he found something to moan about every week. If it wasn't the playing side of things then his half-time coffee wasn't dark enough or the toilets weren't big enough. He sounds like the kind of 'fan' who enjoys seeing us fail so they can say "I told you so" but when things go well they just look for something else negative.

I trust in CL judgement.

Our team is a miles better than it was last season. You can't tell me that Johansson and McCarthy are worse than Heath and dodgy Dabizas!!! Maybury is the best full back in the league.

Sylla is miles better than Gillespie, Sylla is able to beat his man, get to the by-line and WIP in half decent cross.

I was overjoyed with his decison to sell Stewart and that fact that we might actually get paid money for him is incredible.

We all know that we need a striker who can score goals consistently, but so do most other clubs in the Championship.

Most teams that get promoted from this division only have one player to score goals, Wigan were an exception of this last season.

151039[/snapback]

Exactly how you arrive at the conclusion that Sylla is "miles better than Gillespie" I don't know unless you've watched him elsewhere.

I'm reserving judgement. But yesterday it was Gillespie who made a goal with a superb cross and he was only on the field a few minutes (all time when Sheffield were running rampant at our dishevelled defence).

Sylla started well but I wonder if he's not one of those pretty players who always looks the part but has no actual effect. As I say, I'm reserving judgement cos he certainly has skill but it's no bloody use if it doesn't hurt the opposition.

By effect I remember people like Alan Hinton at Nottingham Forest in Cloughie days or John Robertson. They were ruthlessly efficient wing players. Everything they seemed to do was aimed at the opposition heart. Hinton used every type of cross imaginable with ruthless efficiency - a craftsman if you like.

I know it's a different level but Beckham was the same. He hurt people. He was always putting the ball where it asked questions. I'll wait to see if Sylla does the same and does it for a full 90 minutes. Cos that's what's required.

yeah but thing is, we had gillespie for three years and he did absolutely nothing for us, from what we have seen Sylla is a much better player. Good ridance to Gillespie.

151757[/snapback]

I'd say it was more like 2 years, give him a bit of credit. :ermm:

yeah but thing is, we had gillespie for three years and he did absolutely nothing for us, from what we have seen Sylla is a much better player. Good ridance to Gillespie.

151757[/snapback]

He was wasted for two years (or injured).

Exactly how you arrive at the conclusion that Sylla is "miles better than Gillespie" I don't know unless you've watched him elsewhere.

I'm reserving judgement. But yesterday it was Gillespie who made a goal with a superb cross and he was only on the field a few minutes (all time when Sheffield were running rampant at our dishevelled defence).

Sylla started well but I wonder if he's not one of those pretty players who always looks the part but has no actual effect. As I say, I'm reserving judgement cos he certainly has skill but it's no bloody use if it doesn't hurt the opposition.

I know it's a different level but Beckham was the same. He hurt people. He was always putting the ball where it asked questions. I'll wait to see if Sylla does the same and does it for a full 90 minutes. Cos that's what's required.

151754[/snapback]

Is gillespie that bloke people said could play football :rolleyes:

Thrach, your talking like a mental patient now. (i know you`ll take that the right way).

gillespie kicked the ball (amazingly it went near our goal), it had no bearing on the goal, the goal was macarthy`s bad defending.

you contradict yourself "skill".

becks has never had the tricky skill sylla has. Whats required is sylla and everyone else doing enough to win games, whether sylla crosses the ball, takes players on and shoots (which gillespie didnt do ONCE last season, and sylla did yesterday) or gets the crowd excited (sylla did that against celtic) which inturn lifts the whole team (gillespie couldnt lift a feather).

I just don't rate Gillespie, it's a simple as that.

I don't think Gillespie was good when he came on against us, Gilbert had a poor game. He didn't exactly do alot when he came on top replace Stearman. Did he actually put a tackle in??

How often did Gillespie put a decent cross in for us?

Archived