Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Darth Fox

Rab "The Crab" Douglas

Just being browsing a Celtic forum and they are having a right laugh at Douglas. Can't believe no-one has ripped into him yet. I follow Celtic also and many a game has been lost or turner with the aide of the Crab. What did Levein see in him?

I've seen Celtic matches where they were so dominant that The Crab literally would have 1 save to make. Only really Rangers and the odd performance from Hearts,Hibs or Aberdeen differed. With Leicester things are different and clean sheets may be tricky to come by.

Just being browsing a Celtic forum and they are having a right laugh at Douglas. Can't believe no-one has ripped into him yet. I follow Celtic also and many a game has been lost or turner with the aide of the Crab. What did Levein see in him?

152264[/snapback]

C'Mon, he's played one game. Ok, he made a couple of mistakes, but give him a chance :rolleyes:

To be honest, he is the best that we could have got for limited finances we have. I cant really think of any international keeper that we could have signed with same experience and who is also on a free transfer!

I ripped into him. I "didn't want him near the team ever again." His general performance was naff but his farcical challenge that led to the first goal was enough.

Had that been Shilts (or any other half decent keeper) he'd have figured the situation in a flash and the forward, given any sense, would have taken evasive action cos otherwise he'd had been left nursing a body that would have needed months to recover.

Accept your mistake Craig and get rid. Quick.

At his age there's not even a likely return in the long run.

There have been decent Scottish goalkeeper's of course. I remember Dave Maclaren in the 60's for instance. But not many and not Douglas from what I've seen.

He had a shocker, but i'm keen to see more of him before I start to slate Douglas. The thing is, if he continues to be crap then Levein has a choice. He drops him and Henderson comes in (who is steady) or he continues to play him and will put himself under pressure by refusing to address the problem.

Let's not panic yet, he was at fault for giving away a penalty but he nearly saved it and he did flap at that cross for Bromby's goal but so did the whole of the defence who appeared to be good before hand so let's not panic.

I think he'll do alright for us. If his mistakes outweigh his good games, then we have a problem.

Jesus christ!

He has only played one competitive game and you're slating him already?

Atleast give him up until christmas to proove his worth!!

152555[/snapback]

You are joking, I presume. Like everyone else, I hope Douglas comes good but if he carries on as he did against Sheffield the club can't afford to give him one month let alone five. It's not a charity league or a Sunday afternoon juniors feeder league.

I can't believe all this criticism early on, give the guy a chance. Yes, he was at fault for two goals on Saturday, but goalkeepers make mistakes all the time. Remember when Walker went through that bad patch? It's his first game, and the least us as fans can do is support him over the next few games.

I can't say I'm a big fan of Douglas personally, but getting on his back so early won't help. If he continues to silp up over a number of games, then Henderson will get his chance.

I remember that right clanger of Walks' - what was he, about 30 yards out, and he dived to the ground to save a shot .. in the premiership too.

Hilariously unfortunate mistake back in December 03, against Birmingham if memory serves. I think we were down to 9 men after Walks' dismissal and MA wasn't best pleased sitting in the stands. lol

not our finest hour :P but at least we were in the premiership :D

bottom line is, give the guy a chance. If he makes this mistakes week in week out then yes, get on his back and turf him out. In the meantime get behind the lad and maybe he'll come good.

Archived