Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Douglas

What does everyone think the problem is with the defence (including rab), is it that they havent played together or is one player not so great, would like to see Gerrbrand given a chance!

153777[/snapback]

Agreed im too convinced by Paddy!! he seems to cause problems but can get the odd good tackle in but they overshadow his mistakes, which he seems to make a lot of.

There was one almighty mess around him in both halves but I couldn't see the second one clearly although Stoke looked as if they should have scored.

Certainly he did nothing glaringly wrong that I could see and he handled the ball well.

But there was no doubt when Stoke had 10 men they still posed a dangerous threat up front - both on the left flank and in the centre.

We seem okay defending balls coming downfield (because our covering is always swift) but we are very vulnerable defending from the flanks because we lack true aerial presence.

The obvious remedy is to nullify the opposing wingers but Gilbert is a serious weakness and both Stearman, Gerrbrand and possibly Sheehan seem further down the pecking order than they should be.

I mention Sheehan although I haven't seen him play. Seriously cannot imagine, as he's been mentioned in so many positive despatches, that he's worse than Gilbert.

Levein did say Gilbert wasn't the finished article and he sure wasn't exageratting.

Was better than Saturday but he's still not convinced me. He seems dedicated to the team, clapping the fans and celebrating a lot when we score but doing actual goalkeeper stuff he seems uncertain of when to come off his line and then is too slow when he does so.

Douglas wasn't really tested much, so it was difficult to rate his performance. As mentioned, he did collect a number of crosses well, which was encouraging to see. I imagine Ipswich will test him more on Saturday.

Did alright. Claimed a few good crosses but overall didnt have much to do.

Went on a few walkabouts and never got anywhere near the ball. Also, there was a moment early in the first half when they hit the post in a goal mouth scamble, where he didnt do much when he had the chance to grab the ball!

But overall, and average game.

Douglass does a lot of which Walker never did. For a start Rab actually comes out and claims crosses where as walker just used to stand back and try and attempt to save the header or shot.

154136[/snapback]

Also thinks he distributes the ball well, he threw the ball out to the full backs a lot, which is a lot better than hoofing it up!

Also thinks he distributes the ball well, he threw the ball out to the full backs a lot, which is a lot better than hoofing it up!

154151[/snapback]

I noticed that too. He doesn't waste possession. And he's forever geeing people up. Concentrates on the game - it's just his judgement seems uncertain and there were fleeting moments again on Tuesday.

Archived