Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

de Vries

I thought he was excellent tonight to be honest. He held the ball up well, his touches and turns were magnificent. And although his goal was from a blatant handball, he still had to put it away, and he did well. Lets hope for more from MDV :thumbup:

What was everyone else's view on him?

I'm glad for the big man, he always gave his all for Hearts.

I wish him and Leicester all the best for the rest of the season.

So Mark DeVriesy it's just so Mark DeVriesy sooo Mark DeVriesy, It's just so Mark DeVriesy.

Sung at Tynecastle many times to the tune of its so f**ing easy...

Hope you'll be able to repeat it :cool:

de Vries - 9.5 - Thought he was **** awesome, so much revolved around him and he played loads of good balls. His strength is immense. Got pissed off with people having a pop still when he made one mistake after he was playing so well, stop being so **** fickly you bell ends :o NB. This is directed at no one inparticular, just some arses sitting around us who went off moaning :D

153816[/snapback]

Great call Sam ;):thumbup:

have to agree with that he was immense last night and it's amazing the difference it makes when you play the ball into his feet but I was also angry at people still going even though it took 3 players to get the ball off him!!

lets hope he can carry on the way he has started

He looks like he might be regaining (?) some pace, he used his strength well, and I was glad he scored.

The times he did lose out were when he generally had 3 or 4 defenders surrounding him, and he had no support or outlet. I'm pleased to say that nobody around us criticised him unfairly for it.

CL on RL this morning said how pleased he was for MDV. He said that MDV needs the ball at his feet, and it was frustrating seeing his players lumping high balls to him , when he is not particualrly strong in the air (we had noticed!), he also said MDV wasn't brought here to score 20-25 goals a season, something I've been trying to tell his detractors for a while now.

Ive never been a huge fan of De Vries but last night he looked a totally different player and was my MOTM for sure. He made some intelligent passes, held the ball up well and deserved his goal.

Thanks for proving me wrong Marc, please keep it up! :thumbup:

have to agree with that he was immense last night and it's amazing the difference it makes when you play the ball into his feet but I was also angry at people still going even though it took 3 players to get the ball off him!!

lets hope he can carry on the way he has started

153874[/snapback]

Good point that. He's certainly no master craftsman with his head.

And that's another reason why I'd like more of our dead ball assaults to be low ones.

Our successful free kick was from a low delivery and, in the second half, Elvis offered himself for a ground pass corner but was ignored only for the standard delivery to be cleared easily.

We have to play to our strengths with this team cos it does have major shortcomings.

That said, and humping all my criticism together, it does look as if we have a team that's trying to play proper football again. Bloody good entertainment that was and anyone who didn't bother going missed a wonderful night.

I want any city fan who doubted him hung drawn and quatered, as this player has been doing this for a while, he was injured, or not fit last season.

What a cracker of a goal, and his positional play was there with the best.

He pulled 2/3 defenders his way to open space for conners to score and he had a few tricks up his sleeve too.

He's not a Les ferdinand, or collymore he is MDV like him or loath him he hasnt put a foot wrong all season.

Trust conners to outshine his performance thou, but I aint complaining!

Long live MDV

:S:S:S:S

Ive never been a huge fan of De Vries but last night he looked a totally different player and was my MOTM for sure. He made some intelligent passes, held the ball up well and deserved his goal.

Thanks for proving me wrong Marc, please keep it up!  :thumbup:

153937[/snapback]

Come on Kats, Mark DeVries had an excellent night, scored a goal, skillful, hardworking, involved to the end, brought people into play etc etc.

But there was only one Man of the Match.

Connolly did all those things and scored a hat-trick of brilliant goals.

George Best and David Gibson are the only other players I've ever been tempted to give 11/10 for an individual contribution but Connolly could have worn that badge last night. Talk about a 90-minute performance.

His last goal (another clever and absolutely outstanding effort) was virtually the last kick of the match and came when two or three of his colleagues were so knackered they'd either been substituted or were just playing on empty.

He standards didn't slip from outstanding for one moment that I recall.

Come on Kats, Mark DeVries had an excellent night, scored a goal, skillful, hardworking, involved to the end, brought people into play etc etc.

But there was only one Man of the Match.

Connolly did all those things and scored a hat-trick of brilliant goals.

George Best and David Gibson are the only other players I've ever been tempted to give 11/10 for an individual contribution but Connolly could have worn that badge last night. Talk about a 90-minute performance.

His last goal (another clever and absolutely outstanding effort) was virtually the last kick of the match and came when two or three of his colleagues were so knackered they'd either been substituted or were just playing on empty. 

He standards didn't slip from outstanding for one moment that I recall.

153952[/snapback]

For you maybe, it depends where you sit I think. Would be a shite world if we all agreed ay? Ive been one of De Vries' biggest haters but im big enough to say when I thought he was great. We all know Connolly is a good player but Marc deserved a 10 for me for a mass improvement on attitude and work rate.

As for being hung drawn and quartered :rolleyes: hmm ok do you not admit hes been shite then FIAB, ive never booed the lad and no one is more pleased than me that he had a cracking game, think about what you are saying sometimes ay?

What a difference a game makes. I've thought the lad will do well from the start. There was still ppl around me last night moaning he was a donkeybut they have to realise that de-vries will do the so called donkey work to create chances for conners and wont score 25 goals a season but will create as many as that for connolly. I'll be happy if De-vries gets 10 goals this season i just think he's a slower version of Heskey when he was here.

ive always backed Devries.. i cant say many on this bored did though

same goes to Rab douglas. give are players a break and stop laying into them after 1 poor game i seen it way too many times last season. infact the start of last season is a good example when everyone wanted connolly out?!? :S:angry:

For you maybe, it depends where you sit I think. Would be a shite world if we all agreed ay? Ive been one of De Vries' biggest haters but im big enough to say when I thought he was great. We all know Connolly is a good player but Marc deserved a 10 for me for a mass improvement on attitude and work rate.

As for being hung drawn and quartered  :rolleyes: hmm ok do you not admit hes been shite then FIAB, ive never booed the lad and no one is more pleased than me that he had a cracking game, think about what you are saying sometimes ay?

153969[/snapback]

I never said a word about "hung, drawn and quartered" so when you talk about people "thinking what they say".....

I never said a word about "hung, drawn and quartered" so when you talk about people "thinking what they say".....

154005[/snapback]

No you didn't, which is why Katy referred to 'FIAB' aka Fox in a Box and not yourself.

So once again, think about what you say ;)

I've always been prepared to give him a chance, and his performance last night didn't surprise me. He showed glimpses of what he could do last season, particularly at Charlton in the Cup. I thought he played well at Sheffield United on Saturday, but I think the scoreline clouded a lot of people's judgements on his overall performance.

As for being hung drawn and quartered  :rolleyes: hmm ok do you not admit hes been shite then FIAB, ive never booed the lad and no one is more pleased than me that he had a cracking game, think about what you are saying sometimes ay?

153969[/snapback]

FIAB = Fox in a Box ok??????

I want any city fan who doubted him hung drawn and quatered, as this player has been doing this for a while, he was injured, or not fit last season.

What a cracker of a goal, and his positional play was there with the best.

He pulled 2/3 defenders his way to open space for conners to score and he had a few tricks up his sleeve too.

He's not a Les ferdinand, or collymore he is MDV like him or loath him he hasnt put a foot wrong all season.

Trust conners to outshine his performance thou, but I aint complaining!

Long live MDV

:S  :S  :S  :S

153947[/snapback]

Ok Thras????

Archived