Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

sight for sore eyes

Goals Guaranteed :S  :S

he got 13 last year and 5 were penalities!!!!!!!!

I think if you were a top 6 premiership manager you'd last 5 minutes.

Why would he be difficult to mark he is not quick and would get kicked up in the air in thew prem. Special talent!!! bloody hell, forget Robinho we've got David connolly :huh: . You are living on a different planet. Owen or Connolly? :o

Heskey or Connolly? :blink: He is not even in the top 5 strikers in the championship IMO. Wake up and smell the coffee beans, no one in this leicester team is good enough for a top 6 prem side, hence the reason they are not even close to playing there. This is quite literally the most ridiculous statement on this website that I have ever heard.

154501[/snapback]

Broadly agree but I feel Hughes could develop into that player. ;) Whether Connolly is good enough for the PL, I don't know, it would be good to find out next season. ;)lol I do think in this sort of form he is top five in the fizzy. :):D:D:thumbup:;)

Broadly agree but I feel Hughes could develop into that player.  ;) Whether Connolly is good enough for the PL, I don't know, it would be good to find out next season.  ;)  lol I do think in this sort of form he is top five in the fizzy.  :)  :D  :D:thumbup:  ;)

154507[/snapback]

Thats two games though, I am still going a lot on last season and what my mate (who is a big hammers (ST Holder) fan) said to me. Hughesy possibly but not yet.

Thats two games though, I am still going a lot on last season and what my mate (who is a big hammers (ST Holder) fan) said to me. Hughesy possibly but not yet.

154513[/snapback]

Surely his performances for other clubs count for nothing? I'm sure a few clubs that have watched Peter Crouch play for them have been far from impressed with his performances, but look at him now, a Liverpool and England player.

I'm not sure if Connolly could cut it in the Premiership, but he sure does deserve a chance given his goals per games ratio in this league. It's up there with the best, add to that his movement is one of the best parts of his game. Thracian has already mentioned his valuation was tongue-in-cheek so do calm down :rolleyes: Isn't it nice to read these type of things about our players? I sure am enjoying reading comments by Thracian about him and others, think back to when you had to watch James Scowcroft every game, for the past 4 seasons.

Keep it up Dave :D

Broadly agree but I feel Hughes could develop into that player.  ;) Whether Connolly is good enough for the PL, I don't know, it would be good to find out next season.  ;)  lol I do think in this sort of form he is top five in the fizzy.  :)  :D  :D:thumbup:  ;)

154507[/snapback]

He's top in the statistics I read! Can't imagine why he wouldn't stay there. As I said, they're playing to his strengths now.

Goals Guaranteed :S  :S

he got 13 last year and 5 were penalities!!!!!!!!

I think if you were a top 6 premiership manager you'd last 5 minutes.

Why would he be difficult to mark he is not quick and would get kicked up in the air in thew prem. Special talent!!! bloody hell, forget Robinho we've got David connolly :huh: . You are living on a different planet. Owen or Connolly? :o

Heskey or Connolly? :blink: He is not even in the top 5 strikers in the championship IMO. Wake up and smell the coffee beans, no one in this leicester team is good enough for a top 6 prem side, hence the reason they are not even close to playing there. This is quite literally the most ridiculous statement on this website that I have ever heard.

154501[/snapback]

I did say "up to top six". I'm a Heskey fan but he's not proved a prolific top level striker, nor did Forlan and yet people like Ole Gunnar Solksjaar, Tony Cottee, and other will-o-the-wisp types have done extremely well. The game is littered with unfancied players who actually did well at top level.

Leicester, years ago had people like Jimmy Walsh, Frank Large, Ken Keyworth etc, etc who were never "celebrated" footballers but who found the net consistently in the top division.

Mr Chainsaw has mentioned Crouch. Hardly Mr Elegant, but difficult to mark and keeps putting his name on the scoresheet.

I won't ever know how I'd have got on as a Premiership manager but I think my record in sport, both as manager and player, doesn't necessarily warrant ridicule.

Archived