Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

sight for sore eyes

Hope Conners can keep it up, obviously. He's always shown that he's a great technical player for us, hopefully he's added the finishing touch to his game now. Especially with us playing more to his strengths this season and not just hoofing it :D

I just hope the premiership clubs dont come in for him,  :(

153949[/snapback]

Thats football though. I'd rather have clubs sniffing around him and him banging in 40 goals this season rather than him being a complete flop. Just hope the Dickov transfer scenario never happens again cause that was £2 million we missed out on :mad:

Thats football though. I'd rather have clubs sniffing around him and him banging in 40 goals this season rather than him being a complete flop. Just hope the Dickov transfer never happens again cause that was £2 million we missed out on :mad:

153951[/snapback]

Yip, realease clauses are hopefully a thing of the past.

Bloody pathetic to have some of your best players available for 50k or so if we went down, what the fock were they thinking?

Can't see CL being the type of bloke to give anyone a clause like that, although Conners is still on a Micky cantract... <_<

I just hope the premiership clubs dont come in for him,  :(

153949[/snapback]

And what price would you value him should the hoardes arrive cos he's showed one hell of a lot of attributes in his performances this season and particularly last night?

If I were a manager (and the money was available) I certainly wouldn't baulk at £10million (and I wouldn't half be glad to have him).

Marksmanship, pace, energy, invention, speed, stamina, ball control, ability to pass long or short, equal involvement home and away. Where do you get that package for £10million these days?.

Try and compare his performances with others who have attracted big fees lately and you'll see what I mean. The man is pure gold.

And what price would you value him should the hoardes arrive cos he's showed one hell of a lot of attributes in his performances this season and particularly last night?

If I were a manager (and the money was available) I certainly wouldn't baulk at £10million (and I wouldn't half be glad to have him).

Marksmanship, pace, energy, invention, speed, stamina, ball control, ability to pass long or short, equal involvement home and away. Where do you get that package for £10million these days?.

Try and compare his performances with others who have attracted big fees lately and you'll see what I mean. The man is pure gold.

153966[/snapback]

STOP STOP!!!! I'm getting to excited lol

Connolly has no ball control, you are way over the top. He is not worth 2 million.

I thought he was awesome last night don't get me wrong, but calm down dear!

He is a championship player, IMO he is not strong enough or quick enough to be a top premiership striker, which is why no prem clubs have come in for him.

Connolly has no ball control, you are way over the top. He is not worth 2 million.

He is a championship player, IMO he is not strong enough or quick enough to be a top premiership striker, which is why no prem clubs have come in for him.

154027[/snapback]

Are you getting him confused with Akinbiyi? :huh: What a ludicrous statement to make.

154027[/snapback]

Your the goon who thought Jordan Stewart was a good footballer though aren't you? Well I rest my ****in case.

Any striker with a record of over 100 league goals in 220+ games is a good striker. He's not a top premiership striker but he'd cut it at that level mark my words. No ball control? Your having a laugh. He's got a brilliant first touch and often keeps hold of the ball when you think the defender is going to nick it off him.

I was thinking about this on the way home last night. He will attract attention now but i hope that CL does everything possible to keep him. Otherwise we will struggle to find a replacement, even though we will get a bit of money.

But its great to see him scoring and continuing from where he left off last season. Just need it to continue!! Thats the first hat-trick of the English Domestic season and hopefully the first of many hat-tricks this season!

Are you getting him confused with Akinbiyi?  :huh:  What a ludicrous statement to make.

154032[/snapback]

Your the goon who thought Jordan Stewart was a good footballer though aren't you? Well I rest my ****in case.

Any striker with a record of over 100 league goals in 220+ games is a good striker. He's not a top premiership striker but he'd cut it at that level mark my words. No ball control? Your having a laugh. He's got a brilliant first touch and often keeps hold of the ball when you think the defender is going to nick it off him.

154047[/snapback]

TBH his ball control has improved, but he gave the ball away twice through bad ball control. Now I know alot of people rate Connolly on here (especially Scowy :huh: )and I reckon he's the gonads, but really 10 million is the most ridiculous staement I think I have heard this season. I take back the ball control statement, but I don't agree with it being one of his strengths. His strengths IMO are work rate, finishing and creativity. He is a good player but last season, he was poor and a lot of people on here thought that. I want to see him produce form regularly and to have De Vries with him as well and have a partnership developing is important and will help him. I know that last season he was frustrated with everything that happened and probably was helped by having a whole pre season here. I really want to see him play well and I think he is a good player. But no way on earth is he worth 10 million you could buy Owen for 11 million :mad: . Ric Flair if people thought he could cut it in the prem why has no one come in for him when he was avalible. at the moment he is a championship player and last season was a very average championship player, he showed his quality last night and I was impressed (I gave my 2nd 9 on player ratings).

As for jordan stewart I still rate him as a footballer, he was jst never able to produce his best football constantly. I thought he had a spell last season of 10-12 games where he was our best player and then was dire again.

It isn't time to panic yet. I would guess the vultures will start circling later rather than sooner. He's played well, but he hasn't been scoring as he should be in recent months, and I think that they'll be waiting a while to see if he's returned to form before parting with their cash.

lol he is playing well and has done since Xmas - but saying he is worth £10mil? Come on Owen went for less than that ffs

154062[/snapback]

I've been dealing all my life and one thing I learned. If you start high you can always come down!

Besides, again there was a serious point to my tongue-in-cheek valuation. Where do you buy a guy with all of his qualities and his natural fitness.

Even in a bad season he scores a reasonable number of goals but this season he seems to have added a ruthlessness to his game that didn't always seem there.

It helps, of course, that the team is more inclined to play to feet now. MDV will benefit from that too because there's nothing worse for a ball player than receiving aimless aerial passes.

Taking that one step further with Connolly, how good would he be in a top class passing team?. Bloody good in my view especially on his improved showing this season.

Like I say qualities like his are valuable and certainly not to be given away.

1 David Connolly Leicester 4

2 Ahmet Brkovic Luton 2

3 Micky Evans Plymouth 2

4 David Healy Leeds 2

5 David Nugent Preston 2

6 Ashley Young Watford 2

7 Dele Adebola Coventry 1

8 Ade Akinbiyi Burnley 1

9 Dean Ashton Norwich 1

10 Nick Barmby Hull 1

11 Leon Best Sheff Wed 1

12 Robert Blake Leeds 1

13 Leigh Bromby Sheff Utd 1

14 Marlon Broomes Stoke 1

15 Tony Capaldi Plymouth 1

how good does this look. !!

though deep freeze isnt on there :(

TBH his ball control has improved, but he gave the ball away twice through bad ball control. Now I know alot of people rate Connolly on here (especially Scowy :huh: )and I reckon he's the gonads, but really 10 million is the most ridiculous staement I think I have heard this season. I take back the ball control statement, but I don't agree with it being one of his strengths. His strengths IMO are work rate, finishing and creativity. He is a good player but last season, he was poor and a lot of people on here thought that. I want to see him produce form regularly and to have De Vries with him as well and have a partnership developing is important and will help him. I know that last season he was frustrated with everything that happened and probably was helped by having a whole pre season here. I really want to see him play well and I think he is a good player. But no way on earth is he worth 10 million you could  buy Owen for 11 million  :mad: . Ric Flair if people thought he could cut it in the prem why has no one come in for him when he was avalible. at the moment he is a championship player and last season was a very average championship player, he showed his quality last night and I was impressed (I gave my 2nd 9 on player ratings).

As for jordan stewart I still rate him as a footballer, he was jst never able to produce his best football constantly. I thought he had a spell last season of 10-12 games where he was our best player and then was dire again.

154086[/snapback]

You can pick a name like Owen out of the hat but how much did United play for Saha and how much have people paid for Heskey, for Diego Forlan and for lots of others.

The point I am making is that with Connolly you get goals guaranteed, a decent number of appearances, movement, workrate, passing ability and all the other things I mentioned.

Good money is paid for so-called stars with a big profile who fail to perform. I happen to believe Connolly would be extremely difficult to mark in a good side and would get even more goals.

You people can rate him how you like but were I a Premiership manager, certainly up to top six level, I'd be after him like a shot. I be buying a goals guarantee and good value in loads of other ways.

And what would it cost to replace him? He's a special talent is Connolly and I believe Levein knows exactly how to get the best out of him.

Connolly's best record was at WIMBLEDON in DIVISION ONE. You are living in a dream world my friend. If he WAS that good, why the hell would he not be a world famous footballer playing for the best teams in the world. If he is that good, WHY arent the top six teams going in for him? Or do you just know better than the likes of Ferguson and Wenger? :D

You can pick a name like Owen out of the hat but how much did United play for Saha and how much have people paid for Heskey, for Diego Forlan and for lots of others.

The point I am making is that with Connolly you get goals guaranteed, a decent number of appearances, movement, workrate, passing ability and all the other things I mentioned.

Good money is paid for so-called stars with a big profile who fail to perform. I happen to believe Connolly would be extremely difficult to mark in a good side and would get even more goals.

You people can rate him how you like but were I a Premiership manager, certainly up to top six level, I'd be after him like a shot. I be buying a goals guarantee and good value in loads of other ways.

And what would it cost to replace him? He's a special talent is Connolly and I believe Levein knows exactly how to get the best out of him.

154409[/snapback]

if you think Connolly is among the same level as Forlan and Heskey then you realy need to sort yourself out :rolleyes:

154409[/snapback]

Goals Guaranteed :S:S

he got 13 last year and 5 were penalities!!!!!!!!

I think if you were a top 6 premiership manager you'd last 5 minutes.

Why would he be difficult to mark he is not quick and would get kicked up in the air in thew prem. Special talent!!! bloody hell, forget Robinho we've got David connolly :huh: . You are living on a different planet. Owen or Connolly? :o

Heskey or Connolly? :blink: He is not even in the top 5 strikers in the championship IMO. Wake up and smell the coffee beans, no one in this leicester team is good enough for a top 6 prem side, hence the reason they are not even close to playing there. This is quite literally the most ridiculous statement on this website that I have ever heard.

Archived