Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lovelcfc

pearson our most successful manager ever?

Certainly, on their record, Orr, Gillies, Bloomfield and O'Neill all rank above Nige at the moment.

He's got a few years before he can compete with any of those yet. Here's hoping.

Not to mention the fact that six other Leicester managers have matched Nige's greatest achievement - winning this division.

Although I've only seen O'Neill's sides of those four, reading about what Matt Gillies' side achieved surely surpasses him? In April 1963 we were five games away from the double! Are there any posters on here who watched Gillies team? How does it compare?

Certainly, on their record, Orr, Gillies, Bloomfield and O'Neill all rank above Nige at the moment.

He's got a few years before he can compete with any of those yet. Here's hoping.

Not to mention the fact that six other Leicester managers have matched Nige's greatest achievement - winning this division.

Although I've only seen O'Neill's sides of those four, reading about what Matt Gillies' side achieved surely surpasses him? In April 1963 we were five games away from the double! Are there any posters on here who watched Gillies team? How does it compare?

My 1st 10 years was with Gillies.Firstly it was not just his famous cup runs, or league positions and how he played, changing G. Cross positions, it was they players he had in his teams, its only after you look at the players, you remember the manager.Dreams and memories are made up in the turmoil of events, Gillies gave me my best memories, he introduced us to G.Banks,Shilton, Davie Gibson, Mcklintock ( maybe our worst manager, but 1 of our top players) Lennie Glover, plus many others that deserve mentioning, Nish ( youngest captain),Doug, String, Goodfellow, sinclair, I.King, Sjoberg, Roberts, Keyworth, god it just goes on and on.

Best player though goes to Bloomfied,...Keith Weller,... best team, under MON,

Best Gillies team, I was young..any team over those years, was Brilliant, who ever he chose, that was my team.

Did I ever fallout with the city over the years, yes..between after B. Little until MON.

I genuinely believe if another manager was in charge at the moment, we would have probably finished in the play offs at best. Every season he's been in charge we have done well...the one that sticks out to me was the year we got promoted to the championship, we finished 5th that comprised of a squad with Weale, Neilson, Berner, Oakley, Gallagher, Howard.....etc. The squad was so way near good enough to do that well. MON was special, no doubt, and Pearson has to prove it in the PL to be compared, but he's never failed to impress since he's been here. 

My 1st 10 years was with Gillies.Firstly it was not just his famous cup runs, or league positions and how he played, changing G. Cross positions, it was they players he had in his teams, its only after you look at the players, you remember the manager.Dreams and memories are made up in the turmoil of events, Gillies gave me my best memories, he introduced us to G.Banks,Shilton, Davie Gibson, Mcklintock ( maybe our worst manager, but 1 of our top players) Lennie Glover, plus many others that deserve mentioning, Nish ( youngest captain),Doug, String, Goodfellow, sinclair, I.King, Sjoberg, Roberts, Keyworth, god it just goes on and on.

Best player though goes to Bloomfied,...Keith Weller,... best team, under MON,

Best Gillies team, I was young..any team over those years, was Brilliant, who ever he chose, that was my team.

Did I ever fallout with the city over the years, yes..between after B. Little until MON.

Thanks. You've certainly seen some highs and lows in that time!

The Football League trophy is the oldest trophy in world football, so yes - it is a major trophy.

I hate pedants and hate being a pedant so sorry, but couldn't resist...

But surely that's the FA Cup?

I get your point, as well, about the age of the Football League adding to the prestige, but surely the prestige came from being the King of English Football - a title the Football League trophy lost in 1992.

Again, apologies for being pedantic.

Archived