Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Levein On Crewe Draw

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~702431,00.html

City boss Craig Levein says he was left with mixed emotions following the 2-2 draw with Crewe at Gresty Road on Saturday.

The Foxes were dealt two early blows by the home side, but clawed their way back into the game when Danny Tiatto fired home an unstoppable shot on the brink of half-time.

And Levein's men started the second half as they had ended the first - Joey Gudjonsson firing home from the penalty spot after being brought down inside the Crewe penalty area.

City continued to press and almost grabbed all three points in the closing stages - but debutant Elvis Hammond agonisingly hit the post with a 25-yard rasping drive and the points were shared.

Speaking after the game, Levein said: "We have been involved in some very entertaining matches since the start of the season - a little too entertaining for my liking if I am being honest.

"We started so slowly today that we found ourselves 2-0 down before we had the chance to draw breath. It was always going to be difficult for us after that, but enormous credit to the players for coming back the way they did. The showed tremendous character and in the end they could have gone on to win the match. We now need to work out why we started the game so badly.

"We have played some great football if you look at some of the games that we have been involved in so far. We could have scored eight goals today, but we are not winning enough points.

"I am just hoping that this character that we are showing is building week on week.

"It was a terrible start. We just went at it right from the off and I don't know why. We did the same things in the build up that we have done in previous weeks. We will have to have a look at that and try and work out why we started so slowly.

"Crewe played exactly the way that we should they we but we just didn't stop them doing what they do.

"Their early goal gave them something to protect. They got their supporters behind them and they were on the front foot. It took us 20 minutes to get into the match. We just didn't start properly defensively all over the pitch.

"We could have won it but we just couldn't score the third goal.

"Overall I have got mixed emotions because I feel that if you add together this week and last week then that's four points that we have lost which could be the difference at the end of the season.

"We have to get ourselves into a position where we don't have a mountain to climb because we did that again today."

I can already see it, at the end of the season when we fail to make the play-offs by a narrow margin, everyone will be talking about the what-ifs and the lost points. We need the points quickly and i am glad CL can see this. Good news Luton lost, hopefully the beginning of their fall down the division, just in time for next week.

I can already see it, at the end of the season when we fail to make the play-offs by a narrow margin, everyone will be talking about the what-ifs and the lost points.

but... anyone can score against us with our shoddy defence atm.

160188[/snapback]

You sound a bit pessimistic?!?! ;)

We'd better trust that CL knows what he's doing. At the very least he sounds pretty much spot on in his comments on the Crew Draw...

I can already see it, at the end of the season when we fail to make the play-offs by a narrow margin, everyone will be talking about the what-ifs and the lost points. We need the points quickly and i am glad CL can see this. Good news Luton lost, hopefully the beginning of their fall down the division, just in time for next week.

160163[/snapback]

worst time to play them as they will be fighting to prove to England that they arent going to do just that...

Archived