Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

The Premiership is going down the drain

I am not a regular follower of the British media, but thanks to the FC Basle messageboard, I discovered a very intelligent article in the Guardian:

How strongly football has changed

I read it and I can see some similarities to Leicester City's situation with the Walkers as well.

Atmosphere... Poo... (but not just the supporters' fault!!!)

Tickets... Slightly too expensive...

Players... With heart... (I guess we're lucky with our guys' attitude, I have yet to discover an arrogant player in our current squad)

Merchandise... Do we really need it all?

Having just watched, nay suffered 20 minutes of Bolton V's Everton, both teams going for Europe? I think it's already down the pan if that's the standard of play, niether side could string two passes together, hoofing yes, football NO!

"Football fans are idiots", the title says it all about a liberal fascist newspaper that hates football.

Shame on you for abusing us football fans with this, swissfox.

160369[/snapback]

Fvcktard. So would you rather we just drowned ourselves with all the hype and glamour of the naive and uncynical sh|t papers. If people don't start looking at football a bit more discerningly football won't be here for much longer. how can you say the Guardian hates football? Just because it doesn't have adverts saying "Get Soccer goals free this weekend and read all our sh|tty reports from journalists who know nothing about football. Wow! The Premiership! Wow! Chelsea! Then read our reports on lower league games by people who weren't actually at the match! Buy now!!"

Tw.at.

"Football fans are idiots", the title says it all about a liberal fascist newspaper that hates football.

160369[/snapback]

Yes, I like you too. lol

And have you read the complete article, not just the title?

You would understand better... ;)

160517[/snapback]

Swiss, you gotta remember that most articles lush reads are the length of that headline so he probably just read that and thought that was it.

Fvcktard. So would you rather we just drowned ourselves with all the hype and glamour of the naive and uncynical sh|t papers . If people don't start looking at football a bit more discerningly football won't be here for much longer. how can you say the Guardian hates football?

Tw.at.

160461[/snapback]

No, i suggest you dont buy any paper, unless they report reality, and are fair with it.

The title of the guardians `article`, is "football fans are idiots". that tells me they dont have respect for the game as a whole.

Are you the tw@ for thinking they actually care about us :rolleyes:

Yes, I like you too. lol

160517[/snapback]

"I am not a regular follower of the British media, but thanks to the FC Basle messageboard, I discovered a very intelligent article in the Guardian:"

"football fans are idiots", thats the basis of a very inteligent article??? :rolleyes:

I dont wana read an article by a left wing fascist newspaper, with the above headline, its hardly welcoming, is it.

Oddly enough I have no idea where I said you were.

160553[/snapback]

"QUOTE(lush @ Aug 21 2005, 1:36 PM)

Then why highlight it?

The title of the guardians `article`, is "football fans are idiots". that tells me they dont have respect for the game as a whole.

160551[/snapback]

Oh god, can you not pick up the gist of that headline? It's supposed to provoke a reaction, it's putting something in your mind, getting you to read on. If you think about it I can see where they're coming from, we pay £20 to go see our team get hammered 5-0, then come back the following week and the same happens again, and we'll keep on going. Doesn't sound rational to me.

If a sentence can provoke a reaction in you that badly no wonder you get all your stuff from The Daily Sun of the World or whatever it's called.

Oh god, can you not pick up the gist of that headline? It's supposed to provoke a reaction, it's putting something in your mind, getting you to read on. If you think about it I can see where they're coming from, we pay £20 to go see our team get hammered 5-0, then come back the following week and the same happens again, and we'll keep on going. Doesn't sound rational to me.

If a sentence can provoke a reaction in you that badly no wonder you get all your stuff from The Daily Sun of the World or whatever it's called.

160560[/snapback]

So you an idiot football fan then :rolleyes:

I have NO idea what you mean about newspapers, i never buy them, and certainly wouldn`t adhere to their policies.

Policies? To print news on paper, that's their only policy.

Did you not read the "I can see where they're coming from" bit? Hence it's a valid point but not one I necessarily agree with. Can you not get the gist of seeing both sides of an argument? The gist that maybe the paper was just playing devil's advocaat?

160369[/snapback]

hey mang, you are an idiot if you don't know the difference between liberal and fascists

I did, and you didnt make any sense, care to explain what you meant?

160591[/snapback]

Right, I bolded the two words "liberal fascist" and said:

That's a contradiction in itself you 'tard.

I'll leave the rest to you.

This might help:

hey mang, you are an idiot if you don't know the difference between liberal and fascists

160614[/snapback]

Archived