Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

The Premiership is going down the drain

Did anyone else watch Chelsea's win over Arsenal and leave at half-time. I'd been really looking forward to the game - the potential exhibition of Premiership football at its very best.

And what did we get. Even the commentator described it as a game of chess and he's supposed to be making it sound interesting?

£10 million a month it was said Abramovic has spent building the team and what was served up?. A clinical display of calculating, no-risk football with nothing to stir the emotions at all.

Thank God for City v Crewe, City v Stoke even City v Sheffield. At least there was lots of action and things to get wound up about.

I've no idea if the Chelsea game was a cracker in the second half cos I went to play golf in the sunshine and I shan't be watching em again in a hurry. Is Morinho another manager who thinks he has no responsibility to the fans, no responsibility for staging some entertainment.

If only the game were full of people like Bergkamp. As managers as well as players...

Policies? To print news  on paper, that's their only policy.

Did you not read the "I can see where they're coming from" bit? Hence it's a valid point but not one I necessarily agree with. Can you not get the gist of seeing both sides of an argument? The gist that maybe the paper was just playing devil's advocaat?

160596[/snapback]

Newspapers print their ideological news, not necesarrily reality news, THATS their only policy.

As ive just explained, newspapers cannot play devils advocate, they are your devil or your god, depending on whether you agree with them or not.

i`ll put it another way, the article has other meanings than playing devils advocate, an agenda, the headline title says exactly that, the article is designed to put football fans down, and if you think im wrong, then your a fool.

Ask youself this, do you agree with "football fans are idiots"? If not, why?

hey mang, you are an idiot if you don't know the difference between liberal and fascists

160614[/snapback]

hey man, fascism is an ideology, liberalism is too. The Taunton liberal democrats, council told the public of Taunton, not to wave the English flag, because it was racist, thats fascism, liberal fascism, and the guardian support the lib dems.

No. But I doubt the article writer or sub editor does either, it's for effect ! Like in essay titles you don't always agree with your title.

160671[/snapback]

So a newspaper thats seen as very credible by millions of people, purposely wrote a silly headline? :rolleyes:

Class reporting, run on.

:D:D

I think there has to be a wage reduction, clubs should have a set amount the are allowed to spend a year on wages and thats it. This way we wont have clubs spending £100,000,000 a year more on wages than other clubs.

This makes it fairer and the better players are shared around making it a more intresting league and players developing in everyteam.

It would also see good players like SWP starting more games as chelsea wont be able to own every football player in the world.

I think there has to be a wage reduction

160689[/snapback]

I`d love that. What should it be, £200 a week, £200,000 a week, doesnt matter, it wont happen. The european human rights court wont allow it.

Maybe we should stop going? Maybe were idiots like the guardian explains? Maybe we dont know what entertainment actually is, that we cant work it out without some fascist newspaper telling us?

Until the everyday fan says `hold on, this aint right (£21 for scuny fans in division 3 at forest)`, will be the day footballers get a morale wage, and the fan pay a fair price?

Until then, lets just tag along like "idiots".

I`d love that. What should it be, £200 a week, £200,000 a week, doesnt matter, it wont happen. The european human rights court wont allow it.

Maybe we should stop going? Maybe were idiots like the guardian explains? Maybe we dont know what entertainment actually is, that we cant work it out without some fascist newspaper telling us?

Until the everyday fan says `hold on, this aint right (£21 for scuny fans in division 3 at forest)`, will be the day footballers get a morale wage, and the fan pay a fair price?

Until then, lets just tag along like "idiots".

160700[/snapback]

Because we are abusing someones rights by only paying them £60,000 a week, oh how cruel they are.

Its stupid really, doesnt rugby have a maximum wage? If so why not football.

Because we are abusing someones rights by only paying them £60,000 a week, oh how cruel they are.

Its stupid really, doesnt rugby have a maximum wage? If so why not football.

160708[/snapback]

Its about freedom of employment. We cant produce a cap that stops them earning, thats the law.

the best way to stop players taking your hard earned, is to stop subscribing to sky sports, stop going to watch them in big numbers, simple as. the problem is, most football fans are either ok with the entrance fee, or they dont have faith in a movement that would help them pay less.

Things are happening, but at a very very slow pace. the man utd fans opposed to the glaziers have raised millions between them, from all over the world (£10 membership) their plan is to own man utd, they could quite possibly be the future for football fans. If they acheive ownership of mufc, then you`ll witniss more football clubs being tottally run by fans, for the fans.

Sorry mate, i dont know about the rugby version.

"I am not a regular follower of the British media, but thanks to the FC Basle messageboard, I discovered a very intelligent article in the Guardian:"

"football fans are idiots", thats the basis of a very inteligent article??? :rolleyes:

I dont wana read an article by a left wing fascist newspaper, with the above headline, its hardly welcoming, is it.

160554[/snapback]

Well Lush, I have read the article and it represents the current situation with English football pretty well and poignant.

If you can't be arsed to go through it completely, then there is also no sense in accusing me of spreading "fascist" ideas on this messageboard. (How stupid is that anyway? lol )

The article is clear enough (once fully read) and as somebody else already said, the title is meant to be catchy and provocative. Newspapers are trying to get your attention as easily as possible in order to be read.

Enough said.

Now it's time for you to show that you have the guts to apologize for your blatant comments... :cool:

I am a liberal in its purest sense btw. And I feel offended. :D

I think there has to be a wage reduction, clubs should have a set amount the are allowed to spend a year on wages and thats it. This way we wont have clubs spending £100,000,000 a year more on wages than other clubs.

This makes it fairer and the better players are shared around making it a more intresting league and players developing in everyteam.

It would also see good players like SWP starting more games as chelsea wont be able to own every football player in the world.

160689[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more. It is scandalous that, every week, a good proportion of the best players in Britain, indeed in Europe, are sitting on the bench waiting for a 20-minute cameo at best while others are struggling to put a competitive team out.

A wages cap, a squad limit, and a reduction in the number of substitutes would all help.

It's high time FIFA got it sorted.

Now it's time for you to show that you have the guts to apologize  for your blatant comments... :cool:

I am a liberal in its purest sense btw. And I feel offended . :D

160747[/snapback]

Apologise for what? Do you think football fans are idiots? yes or no?

You`d feel offended if someone disagreed with you :rolleyes:

He's not gunna back down lads.

Anyone hear a few months a go about FIFA (or UEFA) talking about players having to have a certain number of players from their country and also a certain number of players from their region? I think it's a great idea but will be interesting to see how the implement it.

Apologise for what? Do you think football fans are idiots? yes or no?

You`d feel offended if someone disagreed with you :rolleyes:

160883[/snapback]

Again, just read the whole text. Not just the title...

"Football fans are idiots" is not meant on a personal basis, you know...

And there is no argument between us, just a lack of understanding. ;)

Its about freedom of employment. We cant produce a cap that stops them earning, thats the law.

the best way to stop players taking your hard earned, is to stop subscribing to sky sports, stop going to watch them in big numbers, simple as. the problem is, most football fans are either ok with the entrance fee, or they dont have faith in a movement that would help them pay less.

Things are happening, but at a very very slow pace. the man utd fans opposed to the glaziers have raised millions between them, from all over the world (£10 membership) their plan is to own man utd, they could quite possibly be the future for football fans. If they acheive ownership of mufc, then you`ll witniss more football clubs being tottally run by fans, for the fans.

Sorry mate, i dont know about the rugby version.

160725[/snapback]

I'm not sure about how this relates to the law but aren't many salaries capped as a result of agreements between unions and businesses/organisation.

Doctors, Nurses, Engineers etc.

So surely if the PFA and the FA/Premier League/ Football League had an agreement it would be lawful.

I'm probably talking out of my arse here, it wont be the first time but I don't really see the difference.

Getting agreement well ............................. lol

"Football fans are idiots" is not meant on a personal basis , you know...

And there is no argument between us, just a lack of understanding. ;)

161157[/snapback]

Then its a silly headline, that could incite tension between football fans and the newspaper concerned.

Think about it, lets say the same newspaper had a headline "Black people are idiots", and explained why that was so, they`d be a war, because of the healine alone. But its ok to write that football fans are idiots :rolleyes:

Definately a lack of understanding, but maybe, just maybe you`ll understand what im saying, but more importantly, what the guardian is saying? There calling YOU, an idiot, and you love em for it :rolleyes::Dlol

Let me put it another way. had a forest fan wrote a similar article, but about Leicester fans, would you adhere to it kindly?

The principle is the same.

161243[/snapback]

Sorry Lush, but I still believe you're missing the point.

I was talking about the article itself, not the headline.

Oh my gosh, how come you are so misled here? :blink:

And have you read it completely in the meantime? :)

Archived