Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Formation

Yep Nigel spent £7.5 million on a striker who was his number 1 transfer target and people are "deluded" for thinking he's likely to start. Also Albrighton was his number 1 choice to replace Dyer in the squad and has Premiership experience. He's also very likely to start. You appear to be the deluded one here.

At what stage did I say they wouldn't start? I said neither of them would walk into our team. Deluded was absolutely the wrong word on my behalf; I apologise for that, but is it fair enough to say that Nugent and Vardy who got 40 odd goals between them last year, and Mahrez and Knockaert who were both excellent towards the end of the season deserve a place in the starting line up on the first day of the season?

I figured we would probably play some variation of 4-2-3-1 with it looking more like a 4-4-1-1 when not in possession but it seems like we're after four decent out-and-out strikers now so maybe we're going to stick to 4-4-2 (the other, less likely option being 3-5-2).

Wouldn't be my personal choice but I'm sure the coaching staff are much more qualified than me to make that decision...

We were awful whenever we experimented with our formation last season though

I think we managed the more subtle changes between 442 and 4231 quite well but yes everytime we tried a three in defence or midfield we were atrocious. Can't believe people are saying we should play like that next season.

anyone ever thought of push de laet into left midfield position when we need stronger defensive formation like 4-3-3, with Moore behind him Wasyl, Wes and Schlupp complete the back four

de laet drinky james complete midfield

any 1 or 2 selection from mahrez/albrighton/knocky

and any 1 or 2 strikers like ulloah/nuge and vardy

so would de laet be good for this ?

anyone ever thought of push de laet into left midfield position when we need stronger defensive formation like 4-3-3, with Moore behind him Wasyl, Wes and Schlupp complete the back four

de laet drinky james complete midfield

any 1 or 2 selection from mahrez/albrighton/knocky

and any 1 or 2 strikers like ulloah/nuge and vardy

so would de laet be good for this ?

silence is deafening 

Archived