Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Formation

Bit of a bold statement to claim Albrighton is better than Knockaert. How many of us actually know that?

When he burst on the scene with Villa he was linked with big clubs.

His career went a bit stale and he needed a move. He wil have so much to prove next season it will probably be the best he will have ever played especially with being a "big name player" at the club. It will fill him with confidence, by the looks/sound of him he needs to be wrapped in cotton wool and I think he will get that here. But we will see.

I think it will be very fluid, with great match changing subs to bring on. I favour a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, we probably wouldn't notice the difference. I think we will defend deep and break quickly. Vardy will usually start, especially if we get Ulloa. Vardy will chase down the opposition from upfield, buying time for organisation. Don't be surprised to see Albrighton with Drinky and James in a three man midfield with the other three positions being taken up by ( Ulloa ), Knocky, Mahrerz, Vardy and Nuge. Of those five, two would usually be subbed.

Because it will be hard to choose, lots will be done with picking form players and use of subs. The players will view coming off the bench as an opportunity, those in the start team would have to perform every game to keep their place. Nige will love it.

His career went a bit stale and he needed a move. He wil have so much to prove next season it will probably be the best he will have ever played especially with being a "big name player" at the club. It will fill him with confidence, by the looks/sound of him he needs to be wrapped in cotton wool and I think he will get that here. But we will see.

Don't forget how good Knockaert can be at times though. Often frustrating but it isn't beyond him to whip out something you'd expect of an absolute top player.

It's a good problem to have though.

Don't forget how good Knockaert can be at times though. Often frustrating but it isn't beyond him to whip out something you'd expect of an absolute top player.

It's a good problem to have though.

Better than the problem we have at LB haha

We will see much more rotation, not just to freshen the team up, but there will be much less need to play anyone with even the slightest knock. Although it isn't usually Nigel's way we might even see a progression of his new found tactical awareness since he moved to view from the stands, and pick teams he thinks would be best on a game by game basis.

For example there may be times when a 'target man' would not be picked, in preference of addition pace on the pitch. 

hardly a big name player!

hope he does have the hunger to become a starter but at this moment in time i would give knockaert the chance to prove himself in the prem! feel that albrighton will need to first of all show that he has proven he deserves a chance to show he can prove himself in the prem, not just be thrown in there because he has played for villa.

Think people do knockaert a bit of a disservice sometimes. He is one of the few city players over the past 10 or so years that can get you out of your seat through a bit of trickery or a wonder goal. He's worth the entry fee alone sometimes

I think the 3-5-2 will return this season against the stronger teams who we are unlikely to get points off. Gives us 3 in midfield, keeps 2 up top and despite popular opinion we've got centre backs who suit that formation. Plus we've got absolute flyers in De Laet and Schlupp who would be very capable wing backs.

Schmeichel

Wasilewski

Morgan

Moore

De Laet

Drinkwater

James

King

Schlupp

Nugent/Wood/New striker

Vardy

Think people do knockaert a bit of a disservice sometimes. He is one of the few city players over the past 10 or so years that can get you out of your seat through a bit of trickery or a wonder goal. He's worth the entry fee alone sometimes

Really????

I think the 3-5-2 will return this season against the stronger teams who we are unlikely to get points off. Gives us 3 in midfield, keeps 2 up top and despite popular opinion we've got centre backs who suit that formation. Plus we've got absolute flyers in De Laet and Schlupp who would be very capable wing backs.

Schmeichel

Wasilewski

Morgan

Moore

De Laet

Drinkwater

James

King

Schlupp

Nugent/Wood/New striker

Vardy

I get the feeling that might happen too. Though If it works it will mean Knock and Mahrez missing out.

Mahrez is 10x the player Knocky is, Albrighton must be to have lasted in the prem and have been reckoned the way he was, because we love Knockaert we overrate him. Good player mind, just nowhere near Mahrez and probably Albrighton

As FoxFanazer said if you play 4 2 3 1 Knocky is prob the best option as CAM. He has flair, can hit a screemer every now and again. But out on the wing he lacks pace which is essentail in the prem or at the very least have a superb end product which unfortunatly he has neither. In the middle he could be a good player with taking people on and feeding the wingers or striker.

Just on the wing he looses the ball far to often and when you lose the ball to a LB/RB and then they take our LB/RB out or position, the CB pulls across and then we are in trouble.

From what Villa fans say,Allbrighton lacks pace.

Schmeichel

Wasilewski

Morgan

Moore

De Laet

Drinkwater

James

King

Schlupp

Nugent/Wood/New striker

Vardy

I get the feeling that might happen too. Though If it works it will mean Knock and Mahrez missing out.

I don't know what the formation or starting line up will be however I can, with great confidence say that it will involve our wingers

We currently have three, your formation/line up involves none of them. No chance of that happening.

Mahrez is 10x the player Knocky is, Albrighton must be to have lasted in the prem and have been reckoned the way he was, because we love Knockaert we overrate him. Good player mind, just nowhere near Mahrez and probably Albrighton

That's just bollocks mate. Don't let a couple of poor games last year or Alan Young's ridiculous criticism of him cloud your judgement.

Just thinking about the team we have and with Ulloa also coming in (if all goes to plan) ..... will we play two up top or just the one and what midfield would we play?

I personally would love to see a 3-5-2 or a 4-5-1.

Schmeichel

Morgan      Moore       Upson

Drinky           James

Albrighton                 Mahrez

Knocky

Ulloa/Vardy/Nuge/Wood (2 of)

Or

Schmeichel

De laet    Moore    Morgan   Schlupp?

Drinky       James 

Albrighton                            Mahrez

Knocky