Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

Looking For A New Laptop

After 5 years of service my Macbook is on its deathbed. I cant bring myself to lower myself & get a non apple computer though so I best start saving.

lol more fool you buddy. A five year lifespan for a laptop that is supposedly renowned for its build quality and for which you pay a huge premium is simply appalling.

My £350 quid HP is well into its fourth year of daily batterings and still works as good as new. My work laptop is a nine year old lenovo which, with the benefit of a small number of cheap upgrades, still flawlessly plows through several hours of daily grind utilising demanding software.

It surely can't be too much longer before apple fans wake up and admit they've been sold a duffer.

lol more fool you buddy. A five year lifespan for a laptop that is supposedly renowned for its build quality and for which you pay a huge premium is simply appalling.

My £350 quid HP is well into its fourth year of daily batterings and still works as good as new. My work laptop is a nine year old lenovo which, with the benefit of a small number of cheap upgrades, still flawlessly plows through several hours of daily grind utilising demanding software.

It surely can't be too much longer before apple fans wake up and admit they've been sold a duffer.

All depends what you do for a living, where I work it's all kitted out with macs for a reason, macs are overpriced but that doesn't mean they are aorse then pcs

My MacBook is more aesthetically pleasing than any laptop I could get for half the price, and being the shallow individual I am, that's what I value most... but yeah more fool me, I agree.

I had to buy a windows laptop for work because of some of the software we run for accounts and stock, I got a Lenovo that looks really nice but I did try everything I could to get the software working on OSX before accepting defeat.

I had to buy a windows laptop for work because of some of the software we run for accounts and stock, I got a Lenovo that looks really nice but I did try everything I could to get the software working on OSX before accepting defeat.

First world problems.

Lucky man

The problem with surface is that it has Windows. It automatically loses.

Plus nothing can beat Apple on design.

Use a surface pro 3 first before you make that judgement. You're still coming across as some kid who just got his first mac

Use a surface pro 3 first before you make that judgement. You're still coming across as some kid who just got his first mac

I did get my first mac.

Doesn't take a genius to work out Mac is better, but I will take a look at the Surface if I see one. 

WIndows is still shit tho

You've no chance of getting a rational response out of someone who has just spent four figures on a lower mid range laptop. They'll do anything to convince themselves that they haven't had their pants pulled down, and many will even remain prone and invite penetration as long as it helps to perpetuate the self-delusion.

You've no chance of getting a rational response out of someone who has just spent four figures on a lower mid range laptop. They'll do anything to convince themselves that they haven't had their pants pulled down, and many will even remain prone and invite penetration as long as it helps to perpetuate the self-delusion.

:wub:

lol

If they're planning a 70% off sale at some point in the next 12 months then you might be right. Even then I think I'd probably stick to a brand of laptop I know is going to last longer than a few years.

Release the inner hipster Moose.

Archived