Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

Looking For A New Laptop

I just had Windows 8 put on my laptop, i'm not sure what to make of it, not really keen tbh, not sure what i'm on with seem dramatically changed to Windows 7 which I really liked the best ever Windows OS i've used.

I've done a few searches on here and it seems Windows 8 is abit marmite - you either love it or hate it. I'm undecided yet but i'm not keen so far.

I am still considering a Macbook though, I mainly/really only use my laptop for web browsing though, is it really worth me getting a Mac would I get the use out of it? I'm sure i'd find different things to do on it, e.t.c.

What kind of Mac would people suggest for me? I'm thinking Macbook Air 13 Inch - The cheaper one around £850ish OR Macbook Pro 13 Inch with Retina display 2.6GHz dual core around £999.

What the difference between an Air and a Pro?

8.1 they've brought the Start button back haven't they? 

Just doing the update now, so i'll see what its like, it does say you now have the option of a Start button, hopefully this update will make it abit more usual and normal for me.

I just had Windows 8 put on my laptop, i'm not sure what to make of it, not really keen tbh, not sure what i'm on with seem dramatically changed to Windows 7 which I really liked the best ever Windows OS i've used.

I've done a few searches on here and it seems Windows 8 is abit marmite - you either love it or hate it. I'm undecided yet but i'm not keen so far.

I am still considering a Macbook though, I mainly/really only use my laptop for web browsing though, is it really worth me getting a Mac would I get the use out of it? I'm sure i'd find different things to do on it, e.t.c.

What kind of Mac would people suggest for me? I'm thinking Macbook Air 13 Inch - The cheaper one around £850ish OR Macbook Pro 13 Inch with Retina display 2.6GHz dual core around £999.

What the difference between an Air and a Pro?

Air is lighter and do not have a DVD drive. I am sure there is some more technical difficulties that I cam be bothered to look up but generally speaking,Pro is more powerful. 

For what it's worth Acer are reliable - I got a Travelmate 6 years ago and it still runs smooth despite me managing to crack its case a bit, destroy the audio-in port, and despite the fan dying 2 years ago.  It even manages to run games like Far Cry 3 and Skyrim at a teeny bit above minimum graphical settings so it's still good enough for me to not be concerned with replacing it any time soon in its role as data storage and a temporary stand in on the few occasions the main tower isn't an option.

Archived