Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

Looking For A New Laptop

Pointless argument. Endless customising of various home computers of varying spec mean no one manufacturer can be classed as better overall.

Apple computers have nicer cases. Thats it.

Operating system, apple support , longevity of laptop, resale price, free upgrades etc etc

Operating system, apple support , longevity of laptop, resale price, free upgrades etc etc

Always said you cannot argue with Apple really. I'm not a massive fan of their operating system but I've only ever used a Mac at Uni so I've used Windows and Linux all my life really.

Think I'd probably get a Macbook if I could afford one. I just don't fancy shelling out that much.

Always said you cannot argue with Apple really. I'm not a massive fan of their operating system but I've only ever used a Mac at Uni so I've used Windows and Linux all my life really.

Think I'd probably get a Macbook if I could afford one. I just don't fancy shelling out that much.

Yeah the only problem really is the price, but I want one for programming purposes as I want to program natively for iOS.

It's a shed load of money but worth it.

lavrentis has clearly just been given his first MacBook for his 16th Birthday

I actually earnt it through working hard.

I bought a HP pavillion AMD8, 8gig memory, 1tb hd for about £350 from currys the other day and have been playing assassins creed 3 on it since. 

Not sure how helpful this information was but the laptop seems to do all I need it to.

Thanks for the information mate, it was helpful and I shall give it some serious consideration.

Are MacBooks worth it? I will have around £800 to spend at the end of this summer, and was looking at a nice Laptop. Been looking at John Lewis and the macbook air looks really smart. I currently have a desktop pc but it's pretty slow and it's annoying to have to stay in my room to use it. I have no idea how much I could sell it for either.

Are MacBooks worth it? I will have around £800 to spend at the end of this summer, and was looking at a nice Laptop. Been looking at John Lewis and the macbook air looks really smart. I currently have a desktop pc but it's pretty slow and it's annoying to have to stay in my room to use it. I have no idea how much I could sell it for either.

Defo worth it. If you are just going to browse the web then yea Macbook Air

Tbh mate get the Retina if you're gonna get the Pro

I can't go any higher than £900 to be honest. Would prefer a new model as I don't really trust 'refurbished' models. Is there that much difference between the Air and the Pro?

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/FE864B/A/refurbished-133-inch-macbook-pro-24ghz-dual-core-intel-i5-with-retina-display

MBP retina. £799

Don't be fooled by Apple refurbs, they are essentially brand new machines. I've had several in the past and know people who religiously only every buy Apple refurb. Never had a scratch or mark on any of mine or other people I know. Come with a full warranty as per any other Apple product.

Nope, they are returns/overstock.

I've had ones before that are sealed in the box like any other. Others in a brown box but again brand new.

Say for example you bought one online, you have a right by law to return it within 14 days. Those returns are checked. If there are ANY marks anywhere, apple will replace the part, so say there is a scratch on the screen or case when they get it back, they will replace the whole case/screen

I don't know whether they still do, but they by default put brand new drives in them too.

That one I mentioned I think is discontinued, so may well just be units left over in their warehouse which are no longer part of the current product line.

I promise you wont be disappointed. Plus like everyone else, if you buy it online and are unhappy, you can return it no questions asked within 14 days.

Do yourself a favour and get a desktop, you can build yourself a decent computer on the cheap, if I read this forum sooner I would have offered you my GTX560.. Went for £30 on eBay and that's a GPU which will comfortably play Battlefield 3 on high settings.

Easy as pie to build a computer too!

Edit: for the record Chrome books barely handle YouTube let alone Football manager.

Do yourself a favour and get a desktop, you can build yourself a decent computer on the cheap, if I read this forum sooner I would have offered you my GTX560.. Went for £30 on eBay and that's a GPU which will comfortably play Battlefield 3 on high settings.

Easy as pie to build a computer too!

Edit: for the record Chrome books barely handle YouTube let alone Football manager.

Who was talking about Chrome Books ?

Archived