Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings : Palace 2-0 City : Results & Man of the Match

tactically pearson got it wrong? Rubbish

We were actually the better team until they scored and although I'm not arguing that Palace didn't deserve the win, it wasn't down to tactics. We had a horrid 5 minutes spell which no one can prepare for and it isn't as easy to say employ the right tactic and we win. Everyone knows how to play against Barcelona yet they kept winning games for years. Having a plan doesn't mean you're going to execute it. The Palace game, blame the players if you are to blame anyone not the management

tactically pearson got it wrong? Rubbish

We were actually the better team until they scored and although I'm not arguing that Palace didn't deserve the win, it wasn't down to tactics. We had a horrid 5 minutes spell which no one can prepare for and it isn't as easy to say employ the right tactic and we win. Everyone knows how to play against Barcelona yet they kept winning games for years. Having a plan doesn't mean you're going to execute it. The Palace game, blame the players if you are to blame anyone not the management

I think many highlighted that playing the 4-3-3 against Palace would leave our full backs exposed, and we should of reverted to 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, and I think this proved a defining factor in the relatively poor performance, not to say we couldn't of won had we played the 4-3-3 better or would of won with a different formation, but I think with our wingers helping out doubling up on their dangerous wingers would of seen us nullify their most potent threats throughout the game better than we did. I'm not saying it excuses or is the only reason for the overall performance but I think it's fair to say our full backs were exposed multiple times throughout the match and this maybe could of been combated a little better with a different formation, obviously had we done this we could of been found out in other areas on the pitch, impossible to say definitively that we wouldn't or would of but I wanted us to play 4-4-2 before the game and I haven't changed my mind since. Onwards and upwards.

There's just no way Cambiasso was our best player at Palace. Amazing how people's view can be skewed just because of who he is

I don't think he was one of the worst and I can't really pick a player who played well.

Anyone who wins Man of the Match for this game wins by default, I don't think you can read too much into it.

I don't think he was one of the worst and I can't really pick a player who played well.

Anyone who wins Man of the Match for this game wins by default, I don't think you can read too much into it.

He certainly wasn't the worst. Drinkwater was a lot worse. Far from the best though. Imagine if another Leicester player had taken such bad corners?! He'd have been slated

Archived