Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Harry Roberts

^ Looks like he came so close to swinging years before.

To be honest, all of these high profile police saying 'life should be life' just because the victims were police are pissing me off. If Roberts had shot and killed 3 bank clerks in a robbery they wouldn't be giving the slighest **** about his release now. Life should be life in ALL murder cases (that's if we must persist with imprisonment - I'd have had the guy executed personally and saved the taxpayer 60 years of paying to feed and entertain the piece of shit).

When you read that it's a great shame he wasn't allowed to swing, would have saved a ton of people from a lot of hurt and saved the taxpayer and absolute fortune.

I just read that he was born in Wanstead, Essex (now Redbridge) and his family ran The George pub! I used to drink in there every Friday after work and never knew that! No pictures on the walls surprisingly! Bit like the Blind Beggar in Whitechapel!

lol

We were in the Blind Begger a few years back and some bloke came in and shouted "Where's Reggie Kray?"! - He must do it every week of something for the tourists but we absolutely shit ourselves.

On the case, he is being released now, confirmed. The Home Secretary says it's a disgrace but obviously she can't do anything about it for whatever reason.

Sorry, but your post just reminded me of this.

He'll be a very lonely old man on the outside now, as others have said. I can't imagine he'll last long, a very different case to Ronnie Biggs who spent decades in Brazil knobbing lap dancers.

Haha, funnily enough I wrote that post with this in mind. So true though, must be absolutely mind-boggling to be inside for all those years to come out to the world we live in today.

While serving his sentence, Roberts was rejected for parole after it was revealed he had allegedly harassed pensioner Joan Cartwright, 65, on a daily basis for four years from his cell after working at her animal sanctuary on day release.

He telephoned her almost every day for four years after suspecting she had given evidence which blocked his attempt to gain parole.

The calls, in which he spoke of tearing "limb from limb" anyone who spoke against him, coincided with a campaign of attacks on animals at the sanctuary which she ran in Chesterfield.

Attacks included a horse slashed with an axe, another blinded with an iron bar, a cat electrocuted, a peacock strangled and a donkey which had to be put down after being beaten.

Releasing him is crazy!!

This was in 2001.

A while ago yes, but if he was still a nutcase 35 years after being imprisoned, I doubt the last 10 have helped.

Hopefully he's too frail to hurt anybody anymore.

Thought you were gonna say 1974 not 2001! Obviously still a ****ing nut job.

Archived