Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Swansea v Leicester City post match thread 2 - 0

We lost to a far better team. Yes performance, desire and application could have been better but swansea are far better than us. How many leicester players would get into the Swansea side? I can't think of one. 

Changing the team too much will not help, neither does playing players out of positions. We did not do this to get promoted, play our best players in their preferred position. How many times did Bony drift wide to receive the ball, never. Ulloa needs to learn this and stay inside the penalty box and occupy the two centre backs. Our passing and possession are not good enough for premier league standard. There was no pressure on any Swansea players when they had the ball, yet look how well Swansea worked to get the ball back on the occasion they gave the ball back. 

This year will be a learning year, and we might have to do a West Brom or a Hull, learn, possibly get relegated, then come back stronger with a better team. 

Massive match against West Brom next. lets see how we do. 

GOOD POST AT LAST SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY OBSERVES A MATCH IN AN UNBIASED AND THOUGHTFUL MANNER.

I know we played poorly but I though Swansea were superb abd I thought Bony produced a complete centre forwards performance as likely you will ever see taugh Moore and Morgan huge lessons at this level

I tend to agree but on the day standing there in row U  having to listen to some of our so called supporters slagging off the players the whole game is not going to help them. It is not always going to work out how we would like, Fans need to get behind the lads, I cant see the point some times or maybe they had to many beers before KO

Swansea are a better team than us and deserved the win.

You could sit and pick at pretty much every selection, every players performance, and every chance wasted, but the fact is we just were made to look like a target for an easy 3-points for Swansea.

We're playing far too negative to stand any chance away from home, setting up with every man behind the ball and nobody showing the intention to chase is asking for disaster, Ulloa (our tall center forward) is always playing far too deep, or in a position where he can do no good. Pearson's work has to start there, because why one of our only chances was a cross in to the box to Jamie Vardy while Ulloa was basically on the half-way line is just beyond me.

Part 2 of our negativity is selecting a team based on the opposition rather than playing to our own strengths. Albrighton goes from starter vs Newcastle to not even making the bench, Matty James goes from the best Leicester player vs Newcastle to watching Dean Hammond pass backwards vs a possession hungry Swansea. Konchesky goes from poor performance to poor performance. Cambiasso goes from an outstanding creator to, sub-par borderline League 1 midfielder in the space of a few weeks - you think Cambiasso can show his strength when playing negative football? where the tall man he wants to bang a diagonal ball to is where Richie DeLaet is. Drinkwater is anonymous far too often, but I think will prove great if he keeps getting selected. 

We were actually pretty good on the attack vs Swansea, and it was an improvement to Newcastle, but we need to show our strengths off now vs West Brom. James, Drinkwater and Cambiasso in the midfield. Mahrez taking control as our main threat, Ulloa staying where he needs to be for when his magic happens, no Dean Hammond, no passing back to the keeper from the half-way line, no unnecessary giving the ball away, Jamie Vardy in a more free role for him to cause havoc all over the pitch rather than be jailed on a wing far too often defending than attacking. We can beat West Brom playing as Leicester, and not as a team playing West Brom.

Archived