Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Swansea v Leicester City post match thread 2 - 0

haven't read much of this thread so dunno if already mentioned but... 

we played 3 strikers today. 2 played 90 minutes, one played 65. they attempted ZERO shots between the three of them. 

in fact, let's go a little further back. in our last 3 games, our strikers stats read:

vardy; shots attempted 4, on target 1 (vs burnley) 

nugent; shots attempted 0, on target 0 

ulloa; shots attempted 0, on target 0 

WHAT THE F UCK IS GOING ON 

we played 3 strikers today. 2 played 90 minutes, one played 65. they attempted ZERO shots between the three of them. 

in fact, let's go a little further back. in our last 3 games, our strikers stats read:

Atrocious service from wingers who can't make a pass and attempt wild shots that end up 40 yards wide?  :whistle:

They've all stopped making runs behind the defence. That was what we did constantly last season and had 10000 shots every game. 

Ulloa keeps going deep cus our midfield are shit, so when we finally cross he is not there. Nugent seems to pass every time he could shoot. 

A shot on target in the first half would be a great achievement against West Brom.

Guest LCFC_World

Got back about 45 minutes ago.

We were poor today, our fans were poor today. No urgency in the team at all, what happened to our fighting spirit? And ffs VARDY IS NOT A WINGER HE HAS NEVER BEEN A WINGER AND NEVER WILL BE A WINGER !! I can not stress this enough he plays in the middle!

RDL needs to be dropped, never had a good game at all, saying that I can't remember the last time he had a good game this season. Kasper mate you need to improve...

Nugent, your a nice bloke but your not good enough anymore mate...

Ulloa played alright today, but his first touch needs improving.

Cambiasso thought it was funny to miss from a yard out. You just take your £50K a week.

Only one that I can say really played well was Big Wes.

Not all playing as central strikers, but if the players around them arent capable of stringing 2 passes together, its highly unlikely any of these players are going to thrive on quality service.

Ulloa barely had a player within 40 yards of him at times in the game, and Nugent whilst not good enough spent all his time in the area congested by Shelvey and Ki

Only been back just over an hour, so I've had a good 4-5 hour drive home to think about today's shower of a performance.

The first half was absolutely abysmal! They made us look like a bottom half championship team, countless passes went astray & as for pressing the opposition some of the players looked so relaxed I was starting to think we was playing a charity match.

Mahrez backs out of nearly every 50/50 he goes in for, not to mention he struggled to find a blue shirt at all in the first half! Thankfully second half he improved drastically and for me he looked our only serious goal threat.

Why Pearson took Vardy off when he was the only player who looked dangerous in the first half is beyond me. Nugent was chasing shadows for 90 minutes & was constantly beaten to the ball when it was passed into his feet.

Hammond is mr predictable...solid at tackling and retaining possession but absolutely clueless when he does win the ball back.

RDL needs to be dropped, he does look a threat at times attacking but he dives in needlessly when defending resulting in players skipping past him. On a similar not Konchesky looks absolutely clueless when he gets the ball in an attacking position and he's one on one with an opponent, just ****ing take him on!! Don't pass the ball backwards!

Credit where credit is due, I thought swanseas fans were quality. Loud and constant noise in a game which was really over once they'd scored their second. Our end was a shit end, fair play to every fan who made the journey but the vocal support was not there. It was my GF's and sisters first away game both carried on singing until the final few minutes whereas fans around us who were originally singing just turned against the team as soon as we went 1-0 down slating every player.

As for Liam Moore we all sing 'he's one of our own' but after the game he barely came to the halfway line to applaud us fans who had made the journey. He couldn't get down the tunnel ****ing quick enough. He'll still pick up his 10-20k a week or whatever he's earning though.

Fair play to kasper he was the ONLY player to come right up to the away fans. He came over near me at the end and chucked his gloves to a little lad! Took dogs abuse from some fans too!

Seems like we've gained the fear factor in recent games, as has been said by others on here quite a bit of late - and Pearson has them to be toothless in attack as well as brittle in defence now with his ever changing formations......that rather than going at teams like we did during our first five games and especially with our last win, that being against the Mancs. We basically seem to have lost our way in recent games and that's perhaps why we've not scored in our last two games now and have never been the same since conceding in the 97th minute against Burnley. Couple the seeming play safe/damage limitation approach by Pearson of late factor with our increasing defensive frailties, then it is not looking good for the time being and needs sorting out asap. A win against WBA next Saturday seems to be a necessity now, whereas just a hard fought point wouldn't be a disaster had we got something from the Newcastle and Swansea games! 

Whereas we were consistent and a force to be reckoned with at this level under "new to it all" O'Neill for an unforgettable four years of course, then fellow "newbie to it all" in the Prem. (Pearson) is still to emulate all that - even though he's brought us a long way of course, which we should all never forget. We can't rest on our laurels though and if anything this season so far has all the hallmarks of the last frustrating time of it we had in the Prem. under Adams - whereby we would raise our game to play well against the bigger teams but then struggle against the teams in and around us....which would ultimately cost us of course. Let's hope this season is not a repeat of that, although I do believe that Pearson is better equipped to manage at this level than Adams was. That said Pearson has a better budget at his disposal than Adams ever had!  

I'm still hopeful of us staying up though but we need to improve - and fast! For the time being it is perhaps just as well that teams like Burnley, QPR and Sunderland are also in the mix! 

Want a bit of expansion on that? Vardy had 18 touches. EIGHTEEN TOUCHES. Absolutely ridiculous. Our most dangerous forward completely and utterly wasted in a position that we actually have cover in.

Ulloa has now gone four games without a shot. Our top scorer and he hasn't had even one attempt in four games. How ridiculous.

The service is dismal. Drinkwater's been iffy this season for me. He looks bang average most games. Hammond has too many limitations. James hasn't offered a great deal. I'd seriously look at getting King back in.

Why do we not give Albrighton a run in the team? I don't get what's going on. He's played in this league for years, he's not that old, he can cross, he's got a bit of energy about him - can it be any worse than wasting our best forward out wide? Mahrez & Albrighton out wide against WBA please. Give Vardy & Ulloa another go. James & Drinkwater will suffice but we have to demand better.

Simpson needs to come in for De Laet. I'm getting sick of De Laet's defensive errors now. You don't keep getting away with that in this league. I think even going forward he's pretty questionable. When was the last time he played a meaningful ball? Man Utd probably. Simpson cannot be any worse than De Laet's been.

I said this would be a routine 2-0 for Swansea and it was. They are way better than us but looked even more so today. We were utter crap from start to finish and created little to nothing.

Unfortunately Pearson's dour attitude appears to have rubbed off completely on the team. All managers in the Prem are under pressure and I think fear from the top is infecting everyone.

The only way we will get out of this rut is by attacking, shooting and playing people in position who can actually deliver.

RDL needs a few matches off. Every team now seem to have him targeted. Ulloa needs someone alongside him, be that Nugent or Vardy - although neither have seemed great so far. Drinkwater looks devoid of ideas and confidence.

Trying to match teams up on the day is poor at best and only worked against Utd strangely. If we don't find some belief and start playing our own system we are in the shit.

I actually think we are in the shit and on current form survival will be a major ask.

We have just been promoted and NP kept faith with the majority of the side that got us there. He said that they deserved their chance and I agreed. I believe that he also said that they would take time to adapt to the PL.

We are a quarter of the season in and not playing well enough. We were outclassed by a Swansea team that played well on the day, but have defensive frailties that we didn't exploit. Individual performances have already been criticised as has the attitude of the team as a whole. I'm not going to repeat them.

When players do not perform to the expected standard NP has little option but to change the team, so the tinkering will most likely go on. It has to, we have underperformed in four consecutive matches, and have played to a standard that would make every other team in the PL want to play us next. I believe that we have players of sufficient quality to survive this season, but we have to play with an intensity, commitment and passion that will carry us through against the more mediocre teams in this league. However, like some other teams in the PL, we have a number of players who are not IMO PL standard. I hope NP works out which players are most likely to keep us up quickly.

I don't expect us to achieve PL greatness in one season. It takes time to develop a good PL side, our first target has to be stability in the PL, once we are established we can build the side. This is going to be a difficult season, especially as I expect a couple of our better players to be targeted by other clubs in January. If we're sitting in the relegation zone at that time or just above it that would give them extra incentive to leave.

So we need to sort these problems out now and gain a more respectable league position by the end of December. Starting with West Brom next weekend.

We lost to a far better team. Yes performance, desire and application could have been better but swansea are far better than us. How many leicester players would get into the Swansea side? I can't think of one. 

Changing the team too much will not help, neither does playing players out of positions. We did not do this to get promoted, play our best players in their preferred position. How many times did Bony drift wide to receive the ball, never. Ulloa needs to learn this and stay inside the penalty box and occupy the two centre backs. Our passing and possession are not good enough for premier league standard. There was no pressure on any Swansea players when they had the ball, yet look how well Swansea worked to get the ball back on the occasion they gave the ball back. 

This year will be a learning year, and we might have to do a West Brom or a Hull, learn, possibly get relegated, then come back stronger with a better team. 

Massive match against West Brom next. lets see how we do. 

It was like going back to old days aswell, all passes and possesion we had seemed to end up going back to the keeper, certainly in the 1st half, we claimed the ball in Swansea's half we could have made it into a good attacking play but no, you knew where it was going to end up, passing back and back, all the way back to Kasper.

And what the **** went on when Wes (Think it was Wes) passed it back to Kasper, putting him under un-needed pressure for him to panic and hit it straight at a Swansea player well...

RDL anticipation of play is dismal. He can't read the game at all, positionally he's awful and passing he may as well not try. Mahrez was shit too, couldn't find a blue shirt to save his life. we were the best of a bad bunch last season, and these so called beatable teams are having our pants down week in week out.

RDL anticipation of play is dismal. He can't read the game at all, positionally he's awful and passing he may as well not try. Mahrez was shit too, couldn't find a blue shirt to save his life. we were the best of a bad bunch last season, and these so called beatable teams are having our pants down week in week out.

We got 102 points. It's not like we just scraped up.

We'll be fine. This is a crap run and it's horrible to watch us not even try to attack teams and/or get the basics right in individual games but there's plenty of time to put that right.

We'll be fine. This is a crap run and it's horrible to watch us not even try to attack teams and/or get the basics right in individual games but there's plenty of time to put that right.

Completely disagree with your final sentence. This is the Premiership. The toughest, most competitive league in the World. There is little time to 'put it right'. If you get on a losing run in THIS division its very hard to turn it round. We need a win, and we need it soon.

Completely disagree with your final sentence. This is the Premiership. The toughest, most competitive league in the World. There is little time to 'put it right'. If you get on a losing run in THIS division its very hard to turn it round. We need a win, and we need it soon.

Why? We're higher than 17th which is where you said you'd be happy.

We'll turn it around sooner or later, we're still an ok side even at this level.

I agree that Mahrez was abysmal too

Maybe so, but the standard we played against was simply awful. Someone mentioned and I agree, that we weren't even defensively solid last season, we still conceded poor goals and haven't improved it. Some of us, myself included sat and boohood the bottom half of the premier league, I thought teams like Palace and Newcastle were cannon fodder, turns out that they all still have some quality in them that can get past us.

We're treading water at the minute and I'm sure that the staff have grossly underestimated what we're up against. Swansea were made to look all fart no shit against Stoke, against us they looked like world beaters, didn't even need to break a sweat to slice through our inexperienced defence.

Yeah, but the quality of opposition in the Premier League sadly is something else. And this is why De Laet is found out way too often on this level, I'm afraid.

Maybe so, but the standard we played against was simply awful. Someone mentioned and I agree, that we weren't even defensively solid last season, we still conceded poor goals and haven't improved it. Some of us, myself included sat and boohood the bottom half of the premier league, I thought teams like Palace and Newcastle were cannon fodder, turns out that they all still have some quality in them that can get past us.

We're treading water at the minute and I'm sure that the staff have grossly underestimated what we're up against. Swansea were made to look all fart no shit against Stoke, against us they looked like world beaters, didn't even need to break a sweat to slice through our inexperienced defence.

Let's see where we are in a month. Games against WBA, Sunderland and QPR. 7 points from them and we're laughing. Any less than 4 and I'll concede we're in trouble.

Archived