Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Swansea v Leicester City post match thread 2 - 0

How you have given positive points for De Laet, Morgan and Moore after todays performance is impressive but then slating Konch as the worst part of our back five is something else.

never mind replying to this quote the foxes head eating the man utd badge is a distant memory after the last four games its pissing me off

Watched the game on TV, a few points from me:

1. Cant understand what King has to do to start another game.... Been easily our most consistent CM this season.

2. De Laet, im a huge fan but sorry, what were you doing for the 2nd goal!!! Time for a rest

3. Feel sorry for the CB's as not doing too much wrong but getting a lot of blame due to the amount of goals we're conceding

4. Pointless subs today. Im a huge NP fan but some of his team decisions of late are woeful

How you have given positive points for De Laet, Morgan and Moore after todays performance is impressive but then slating Konch as the worst part of our back five is something else.

Well if you can tell me what Koch brought today then I'd be happy to know. As put he gives possession away to cheap, poor at providing crosses and is always outplayed by the opponents right winger.

Wes and Moore like I said, they weren't great tonight, not one of their best performances but when you have no midfield in front of you and Bony, Shelvey and Sigurdsson linking up then what do you expect?

De Laet receives all his critics just because everyone wants to see what Simpson brings, De Laet is good getting forward, although he frustrated me today with not being able to out a cross in he does have the highest stats of ground covered and tackles than any other LCFC defender. Yes his ball watching has been a concern and cost us again but personally felt he brings a lot more to the team than Koch

I need to invest in a punch bag, I've not felt like this for many seasons now but the horrible anger after games is coming back to me, I need something to channel my anger against and let it out of my system, be beneficial fitness too! lol

Well if you can tell me what Koch brought today then I'd be happy to know. As put he gives possession away to cheap, poor at providing crosses and is always outplayed by the opponents right winger.

Wes and Moore like I said, they weren't great tonight, not one of their best performances but when you have no midfield in front of you and Bony, Shelvey and Sigurdsson linking up then what do you expect?

De Laet receives all his critics just because everyone wants to see what Simpson brings, De Laet is good getting forward, although he frustrated me today with not being able to out a cross in he does have the highest stats of ground covered and tackles than any other LCFC defender. Yes his ball watching has been a concern and cost us again but personally felt he brings a lot more to the team than Koch

Konch wasn't great to be fair, both him and De Laet weren't good enough. Moore and Morgan did ok, they get way too exposed by the full backs and the midfield

Simply out fought in every department today.

It's the first time in a long time that we just didn't look bothered. Things need to change quickly and we need to go back to pressing teams in their own half. We gave Swansea so much space today.

It really was embarrassing and I can't think of any positives. Poor showing :(

The main gripe for me is these hadn't won in five, and today they looked like they didn't even have to try today, but it's something I expected, I can't see how we're going to resolve things though, it seems that everyone has collapsed, after every goal someone is stood looking for someone else to blame.

Can I say De Laat is a defender for gawds sake its ok saying he is good going forward but if you cant defend and he cant it means jack shit. You can see why at this level Man yoo got rid and Norwich didnt want him.

Can I say De Laat is a defender for gawds sake its ok saying he is good going forward but if you cant defend and he cant it means jack shit. You can see why at this level Man yoo got rid and Norwich didnt want him.

He is a defender but we do try and play him as a wing back and have him as an extra option on the right when attacking.

As I put before statistically he has made more challenges than any other defender in our team which obviously means he can defend. His problem, like what I have out before is his concentration which is something that needs to be looked at. There has been a few goals cause due to his ball watching.

I can see why Man Utd didn't want him, he is not to their standard but don't know why with Norwich but their in championship now anyways

I thought we were absolutely terrible.

I cannot understand playing Vardy and I swear at times, Ulloa, on the wing. Square pegs round holes. It never ever ever works. We've got plenty of natural wide players, so why not just pick the best 2 and stick to it? Swansea played a lot of their stuff though their two natural wide men.

Nugent was appalling. Why keep him on ahead of Vardy I have no idea. He offers absolutely zero threat. I think today might be the last we see of him for a while now. I'd like to see Vardy up top with Ulloa, and if not, surely Powell cannot be worse than Nugent was today.

First half we had no ball retention whatsoever. Our full backs were crap. Mahrez and Drinkwater couldn't pass the ball to a team mate. The team lacked balance, confidence and cohesion.

Swansea absolutely outclassed us. Thought King and Cambiasso did ok when they came on. Hammond is so so average.

Awful.

I actually thought RDL played ok on a very trick opponent but often he gets no decent cover up field from our currently stagnant midfield. He may have partly been at fault for the second goal but it was Moore who played them onside which was the bigger mistake. Other than Mahrez in the midfield re his attacking options (defensively he needs to do more) the rest were shite save for King when he came on. We never got any proper defensive cover or pressing when we didn't have the ball from any of the midfield and often it was left to Ulloa to push back and try and help out and or to pick up possession but he is not going to score or get into positions to score when he's camped inside our defensive half. When we got the ball they pressed us to an acceptable level and we turned it over with lose and often panicky passes. They seemed to look to push forward and turned inside our players and created space moving forward which was made a hell of a lot easier for them with our lack of closing down space and real or even perceived pressure. We didn't seem to grasp that concept except for Mahrez who looked to try and run at them and create some attacking options. Everyone else seems to look backwards every time with out trying to put any pressure on our opponents and take the game on.

As for the few set prices we had - again we all watch with trepidation knowing our ball into the box is either cut out by the first defender or over hit. I can count only 1 or 2 decent crosses in the last 3 away games which as overall games have all had about the same feel, effort and lack of urgency.

Battered from the start and never looked threatening once except for a couple of long range efforts from Mahrez. Getting up at 3am to watch us serve up that shite is wearing thin to be honest and I am going to cop another week of people telling me Leicester are still dining out on that freak win over Man U which sadly appears to be true at present.

Too much tinkering means we've lost our concentration, fight and form. Possibly for some time. Weak areas are now known by the league. We're giving teams way too much respect by playing for 0-0's and it completely removes our strengths playing that way anyhow. Worrying...

Morgan has been playing like a complete oaf. We need to heavily invest in our squad in January or we're going down.

Oh **** off.

We have a big squad. The players are good enough to achieve our minimum target of survival.

We are on a bad run at the minute. That does not mean you go out and buy a shit load more players.

Absolutely crap yet again. Our winning mentality is well and truly a thing of the past I'm afraid. No side with a winning mentality plays like that.

We've become scared to express ourselves. Why did it take Swansea going ahead for us to have a go? Sure enough we're two down before we can do anything about it.

Not good enough. I can accept losing to Swansea as they're a good side, but they didn't even have to get out of second gear today. We were looking like the best promoted side in years and we're beginning to look as run-of-the-mill as they come, and that really disappoints me.

That 2nd goal was shocking bad from our point.

I know a lot have suggested it's De Laets fault but looking back you'd have to call the whole back line.

De Laet held his line but should of still followed in with his man

Morgan called the line but stood and watched the rest happen

Moore should of maybe come across and close the angle to pass to Bony rather than getting on the line and letting KS come out. Moore was also the one keeping everyone on side in the first place

Koch should of came across rather than jogging it in as Moore was then running onto the goal line.

We were opened up way too easy! Little disappointing, our defending hasn't been great in any of our games so far this season (Apart from Stoke) but we've had the attack to help us out, with that gone from our game Nige is probs best to revert back to his old days and shore up the defence and look at trying to grind out 1-0 wins against teams lol

Archived