Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Swansea v Leicester City post match thread 2 - 0

We're playing against experienced Prem teams and we're going to drop points against team we expect to beat I'm afraid. Nigel is still finding his feet as a Premiership manager. But, what has happened to the pace, pressing and width? Lloyd could have still done a job for us!

We lost to a far better team. Yes performance, desire and application could have been better but swansea are far better than us. How many leicester players would get into the Swansea side? I can't think of one. 

Changing the team too much will not help, neither does playing players out of positions. We did not do this to get promoted, play our best players in their preferred position. How many times did Bony drift wide to receive the ball, never. Ulloa needs to learn this and stay inside the penalty box and occupy the two centre backs. Our passing and possession are not good enough for premier league standard. There was no pressure on any Swansea players when they had the ball, yet look how well Swansea worked to get the ball back on the occasion they gave the ball back. 

This year will be a learning year, and we might have to do a West Brom or a Hull, learn, possibly get relegated, then come back stronger with a better team. 

Massive match against West Brom next. lets see how we do.

This Crikey Swansea are a good side but if you sit off them deep then can't string two passes together or just hoof it you invite pressure back on. Swansea play good passing football and Bony is very strong but please don't build them up to be some sort of Real Madrid/Bayern Munich/ Barcelona rolled into one.

Sit off any team in this league and let them play even teams like Palace/newcastle/swansea even bloody qpr are capable of beating you.

only one major mistake I can see, adapting your formation and personnel every week to try and counter the opposition.

I'd rather find the system that works for us, and play it every week with few changes. bar the top six/seven nobody in this league is THAT good that we can't try our own game. I think nigel was wrong, we had good enough players, playing a 442 with confidence, to not get mullered today.

Absolutely depressing watch. What a horrid game. No desire, no quality, no guts. De Laet was absolutely shocking, not a Premier League right back for me. Vardy is absolutely wasted on the wing, and bringing 3 CMs on at 2-0 down?  :nigel:

Haven't seen the Cambiasso miss again as I walked straight out of the room so I can't comment too much on that...

West Brom is huge, we need to start turning up. Pathetic performance, Swansea are a solid side but we didn't make them work for their points.

We lost to a far better team. Yes performance, desire and application could have been better but swansea are far better than us. How many leicester players would get into the Swansea side? I can't think of one. 

Changing the team too much will not help, neither does playing players out of positions. We did not do this to get promoted, play our best players in their preferred position. How many times did Bony drift wide to receive the ball, never. Ulloa needs to learn this and stay inside the penalty box and occupy the two centre backs. Our passing and possession are not good enough for premier league standard. There was no pressure on any Swansea players when they had the ball, yet look how well Swansea worked to get the ball back on the occasion they gave the ball back. 

This year will be a learning year, and we might have to do a West Brom or a Hull, learn, possibly get relegated, then come back stronger with a better team. 

Massive match against West Brom next. lets see how we do. 

not sure that Swansea were that good- they haven't won in 5 until we rolled in to town. Realistically we aren't going to get much away from home this year and especially not if we cant find a formula for scoring the odd goal or two. They just did a number on us, great movement for the first goal and a gift from naïve ball watching for the second.For me the impressive aspect was how they were happy to defend deep in two rows and make us play in front of them- an object lesson in running the clock down and looking comfortable- the possession stats in the second half were 72/28 at one point and our fabled pacey runners could do nothing . Its going to be a long season the road

I'm a big fan of him but think Moore sold himself short for both the goals today, those who thought RDL was at fault for the second goal obviously haven't played in defence.  If 3 of you take a line and one drops deep it's always going to give the opposition space.

In other news I was suprised we played two 'wingers' who both cut in, meant we had four players all trying to go through the central section of the pitch.  Vardy/Ulloa up front for me and we need Albrighton/Schlupp to step up soon and really spread defences wide, big game against West Brom next week and I hope we get it right.  Can't believe people hadn't readied themselves for a relegation battle this year though, would have always taken 17th at the start of the season.

I'm a big fan of him but think Moore sold himself short for both the goals today, those who thought RDL was at fault for the second goal obviously haven't played in defence. If 3 of you take a line and one drops deep it's always going to give the opposition space.

In other news I was suprised we played two 'wingers' who both cut in, meant we had four players all trying to go through the central section of the pitch. Vardy/Ulloa up front for me and we need Albrighton/Schlupp to step up soon and really spread defences wide, big game against West Brom next week and I hope we get it right. Can't believe people hadn't readied themselves for a relegation battle this year though, would have always taken 17th at the start of the season.

I was in the sky sports studio and Jones, Redknapp and Britton all blamed De Laet. I like Ritchie, but he had a shocker yesterday

The problem with listening to Jamie Redknapp is that he doesn't know what he's talking about. Useless pundit.

That said De Laet does have to take some blame for the second goal as he lost his man but, ultimately, if Moore had stepped up we don't concede that goal. It was joke defending all round.

Nothing much too add, but certainly the most depressing piece of shit I've watched for some time.

WBA is a huge game now. I really hope we can perform at home, as we will probably have to rely on our home form to keep us up this year. Decent win away at Stoke, but since then we haven't even come close to scoring a goal, which is worrying. Hopefully we can somehow keep that beerinho quiet and nick a win. In fact I'd even be content getting a 0-0 and a clean sheet.

Unfortunately RDL stood out for me as the worst of an abysmal bunch yesterday. No awareness, massive panic when passing the ball and the way he lunges into tackles always makes me a bit nervous. Had another two-footed one yesterday, and although he got the ball in this case, he's probably off if he mistimes it.

I like RDL, but I think it's time for Simpson to have a go and see what he can do. Kingy needs to start too. He seems to have a footballing brain that our other players seem to lack at the moment.

The problem with listening to Jamie Redknapp is that he doesn't know what he's talking about. Useless pundit.

That said De Laet does have to take some blame for the second goal as he lost his man but, ultimately, if Moore had stepped up we don't concede that goal. It was joke defending all round.[/

Yeah, Redknapp knows nothing, you're right. He's only played internationally and at the top level for years before being a sky sports pundit for years too. He doesn't know what he's talking about? Ok

Yeah I meant to put 'solely' at fault to be fair.

Yeah Moore turned his back too, can't do that. What disappointed me more was our midfield. We couldn't string two passes together. It was pathetic

That said De Laet does have to take some blame for the second goal as he lost his man but, ultimately, if Moore had stepped up we don't concede that goal. It was joke defending all round.[/

Yeah, Redknapp knows nothing, you're right. He's only played internationally and at the top level for years before being a sky sports pundit for years too. He doesn't know what he's talking about? Ok

Yeah Moore turned his back too, can't do that. What disappointed me more was our midfield. We couldn't string two passes together. It was pathetic

There are lots of footballers who know **** all about football. One of the problems with football punditry is that it is too reliant on ex-professionals. Adding some journalists to the mix would improve things hugely. So what if he has been a Sky pundit for years? That only means he has watched loads of football matches. So have I. Should I apply for a job with Sky? Jamie Redknapp would be nowhere near a studio if he wasn't a good looking lad who was a bit of a celebrity in his playing days. It's about easy access for viewers, not expert tactical analysis. Good job too, as he's thick as pig shit.

ame="Dickov22" post="3178581" timestamp="1414314821"]

There are lots of footballers who know **** all about football. One of the problems with football punditry is that it is too reliant on ex-professionals. Adding some journalists to the mix would improve things hugely. So what if he has been a Sky pundit for years? That only means he has watched loads of football matches. So have I. Should I apply for a job with Sky? Jamie Redknapp would be nowhere near a studio if he wasn't a good looking lad who was a bit of a celebrity in his playing days. It's about easy access for viewers, not expert tactical analysis. Good job too, as he's thick as pig shit.

Just can't agree with you. He's eloquent and knows his stuff. I watched him analyse bits of the game yesterday and he saw things I certainly didn't. I like him.

I would like to see the type of team we started the season with. They could defend in numbers and counter attack in numbers.

Players need to be asked to play in their correct position. This, I think, is a blip but we have extremely good players not getting into the team. Some of the younger players need to start. Cambiasso should be used every week.

I think people raise a good point about us playing to stop the opposition, rather than playing to attack. This is more the problem for us away from home.

You cannot tell me that we wouldn't have done better in the last 4 games with lloyd dyer back on the left and Vardy up top constantly pressing. That pace is just too much to handle for even sides at this level.

Any city fan would rather have lost today 4-2 after giving it a real good go than what we had to endure.

HOWEVER, if there's one thing Nigel has taught me its to never doubt his ability and over the course of 38 games I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he is the man to keep us up

A lot of people hating De Laet just because they want to see what Simpson brings.

De Laet has had a few moments this season that has caused us to concede but so has most our players, for what he brings I don't think he is worth being dropped. If you look at the games he has been slagged off he has been given no support by anyone that plays in front of him with any of our games-

Everton he had to hold back Baines and Pienaar

Man Utd Di Maria

Arsenal Sanchez

Chelsea Hazard

People saying that teams will find and exploit our weaknesses now were in the premier, well it's pretty obvious that our full backs get no support so they are going to get exploited.

As of yesterday's goal, RDL holds the line, Moore is keeping Swansea on side by a good few yards!

As I have said a lot I can't understand why we put Konch in the team! He really is a liability! Struggles to find space, slower, weaker every week to opposition, only ever looks back to KS (sometimes giving opponents an opportunity) plays dangerous passes or unsuccessfully passes to our players and if he really runs out of ideas he will play the good old hit and hope.

Why did we spend a whole season playing Shlupp at LB keeping him out the side to now not play Schlupp in a position he was played in by merit and a position I felt he was starting to grow into?

Before people suggest that he has premier experience, is that suggesting he is not playing by merit but just because he can tell all his team mates his stories of the premier and what to expect?

We should maybe start playing Was because he has champions league experience and then we can drop Morgan when Upson is finally fit too because he has premier league experience?

That said De Laet does have to take some blame for the second goal as he lost his man but, ultimately, if Moore had stepped up we don't concede that goal. It was joke defending all round.

de laet didn't "lose his man" he knew exactly where his man was, which shouldve been 5 yards offside. moore just decided it'd be funny to try and hold hands with kasper.

As far as I could see, literally none of our midfielders tracked either of Bony's runs for either goal?

Hammond tried to block the first one, but got nowhere near it. The second one, Bony was all alone and could have taken a touch, two touches (three touches) before he slotted it in. Where were players tracking back?

When our defenders play so deep, it's imperative that the midfield covers the space just in front of our own area. They just weren't there?

de laet didn't "lose his man" he knew exactly where his man was, which shouldve been 5 yards offside. moore just decided it'd be funny to try and hold hands with kasper.

Exactly 'should've' been offside but he wasn't, so De laet did lose his man! If De laet tracks Montero then he doesn't have 15 seconds to choose whether he wants to shoot or lay it off to Bony for a tap in.

It's unforgivable for any footballer whether professional or Sunday league to just stand there and watch the player there marking run off!

We were overwhelmed in midfield, simple as. Bringing on more midfielders and taking off some of the more attacking players helped us and we definitely improved, but it was too late. Going with four attacking players up front was suicide, because there wasn't enough strength in the midfield to get the ball up to them. I can only think that NP thought they would give us space, but they didn't, not at all.

The Montero/De laet battle was engrossing and Montero just edged it on account of De Laet switching off for the second goal and letting him past to get the ball into the box, which was a shame as it seemed that Of Milk was the one pushing Montero back.

Have to say that I was very impressed with Swansea though. For most of the match they didn't give us any time on the ball and pressed us across the entire pitch. On that performance, probably one of the best teams we've played so far this season, so maybe not such a great surprise we lost to them away, but we really do need to up things a bit and compete at least, which we didn't for the first 45 mins.

Exactly 'should've' been offside but he wasn't, so De laet did lose his man! If De laet tracks Montero then he doesn't have 15 seconds to choose whether he wants to shoot or lay it off to Bony for a tap in.

It's unforgivable for any footballer whether professional or Sunday league to just stand there and watch the player there marking run off!

Teams play the offside trap to stop high attacking teams get in behind, at the end of the day although it was RDL player if the line had held and Moore wasn't keeping everyone on side 5/6 yards then they wouldn't of scored.

if moore understands the offside rule the goal doesn't happen, simple as that. you step up as a 4 not as 3/4. and if 3 step up and one doesn't then the one who doesn't is at fault. because he's playing everyone else's men inside like an idiot.

Teams play the offside trap to stop high attacking teams get in behind, at the end of the day although it was RDL player if the line had held and Moore wasn't keeping everyone on side 5/6 yards then they wouldn't of scored.

yeeeeah sense at last.

it's a risky tactic to deploy as we saw it can very easily go wrong, but it only goes wrong if someone doesn't follow the rest of his defence. that someone wasn't de laet...

Archived