Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MON

Colin Lee

colinleewalsall.jpg

Lee - wants to manage Leicester

Former Wolves and Walsall boss Colin Lee has applied for the Leicester manager's job.

Lee had a spell with the Foxes as first-team coach under Mark McGhee and would relish a role at City, who have been in the charge of caretaker boss Dave Bassett since Micky Adams resigned two weeks ago.

The 48-year-old, who has also been linked with the Shrewsbury job, has been out of work since leaving Walsall in April, and said: "I have applied for the Leicester job.

"I would be interested in going back there whether as manager or a coaching job, I've got both strings to my bow.

"That would be a great opportunity for me but if that doesn't work out then I'm keeping my options open."

He would be a good coach for a younger inexperienced manager, but why did he leave walsall, i have forgotten.

colinleewalsall.jpg

Lee - wants to manage Leicester

Former Wolves and Walsall boss Colin Lee has applied for the Leicester manager's job.

Lee had a spell with the Foxes as first-team coach under Mark McGhee and would relish a role at City, who have been in the charge of caretaker boss Dave Bassett since Micky Adams resigned two weeks ago.

The 48-year-old, who has also been linked with the Shrewsbury job, has been out of work since leaving Walsall in April, and said: "I have applied for the Leicester job.

"I would be interested in going back there whether as manager or a coaching job, I've got both strings to my bow.

"That would be a great opportunity for me but if that doesn't work out then I'm keeping my options open."

He would be a good coach for a younger inexperienced manager, but why did he leave walsall, i have forgotten.

29126[/snapback]

because he went into talks with plymouth about the vacancy when paul sturrock left them..

..he turned them down to stay with walsall but the board sacked him anyhoo!!

Shocking, he's been here before with McGhoo if you didn't know.

Shocking record as a manager, don't come near our club please.

29135[/snapback]

Agree

quote;

"I would be interested in going back there whether as manager or a coaching job"

Of course you would so would I and any other out of work football nobody looking for a well paid job in football.

Message to all those football failures, never has beens, management nonentities don't bother going public about your interest in our club, if you were a serious contender you wouldn't be talking to the papars about wanting the job - Oh and by the way that applies to you Harry & Howie.

What has Colin Lee ever done in his managerial career worth of note?

He's clearly deluded.

29138[/snapback]

He kept walsaal up, when he left they went down. But i agree, he is not a good choice.

29141[/snapback]

He left Walsall towards the end of last season, on the brink of relegation.....

He's clearly deluded.

29138[/snapback]

He kept walsaal up, when he left they went down. But i agree, he is not a good choice.

29141[/snapback]

29144[/snapback]

two seasons before

he came to walsaal, with them on the brink of relegation, and kept them up.

it seems to me that alot of the mangers being talked about would be a backwards step fom Adams escpecially the ex city rejects who were either shite or shat on us e.g Lee, Mcghee, Gregory, Little bassett etc

Thay should let basset have it till the end of the season and bide their tim till someone like megson looses his job

People keep saying he's done feck all as manager etc - fair enough, but then that applies to people like Gary Mac, Stuart Pearce, Mike Newell etc. At least be consistent.

People keep saying he's done feck all as manager etc - fair enough, but then that applies to people like Gary Mac, Stuart Pearce, Mike Newell etc. At least be consistent.

29278[/snapback]

... because there is an upside bias for Gary Mac, Stuart Pearce, Mike Newell, whereas there is a downside bias for Colin Lee. It is true that all have done little, but people will take a gamble on the bias. ;)

It is extremely rare for any manager who has publicly said he has applied for the job to be given it, its usually just to alert other clubs as to their availability, they know they wont get the job they applied for. The only exceptance to this is when a caretaker manager publicly says they want it full time, sometimes they get it.

He's clearly deluded.

29138[/snapback]

29141[/snapback]

29144[/snapback]

two seasons before

29147[/snapback]

Alot of manager's have an immediate effect when they initially take over.

He's clearly deluded.

29138[/snapback]

29141[/snapback]

29144[/snapback]

two seasons before

29147[/snapback]

29355[/snapback]

I know, that is why i do not want fans thinking Basset is the right man for the job. Peter reid did well at leeds when he 1st came, he go the job full time, then was sacked.

He's clearly deluded.

29138[/snapback]

29141[/snapback]

29144[/snapback]

two seasons before

29147[/snapback]

29355[/snapback]

I know, that is why i do not want fans thinking Basset is the right man for the job. Peter reid did well at leeds when he 1st came, he go the job full time, then was sacked.

29360[/snapback]

I don't think anyone believes Bassett is the right man for the job, even the board - His efforts will be in vain, thankfully.

He's clearly deluded.

29138[/snapback]

29141[/snapback]

29144[/snapback]

two seasons before

29147[/snapback]

29355[/snapback]

29360[/snapback]

I don't think anyone believes Bassett is the right man for the job, even the board - His efforts will be in vain, thankfully.

29362[/snapback]

I dont agree i think is right for the job, definately in the short term, maybe not long term but him and wilko have something good happening at the minute, give them, a chance!!

He's clearly deluded.

29138[/snapback]

29141[/snapback]

29144[/snapback]

two seasons before

29147[/snapback]

29355[/snapback]

29360[/snapback]

29362[/snapback]

I dont agree i think is right for the job, definately in the short term, maybe not long term but him and wilko have something good happening at the minute, give them, a chance!!

29393[/snapback]

I meant long term. ;)

Archived