Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Crampy10

Flag Fire Safety Certificate

Hello, I have a pretty big City flag (on my photo) and recently took it to Sheff Utd away but was not allowed to put it up as steward wanted to see a specific certificate which i didnt have. I have since got back to BarmyFlags who made it for me and they want £25 + VAT to issue me with one, all their new flags now come with it apparently but the older ones have to be sent back. I paid £200 for the flag so it is a decent quality and feel a bit aggrieved to have to send it back and pay more for it, can anyone help or had similar problems? Cheers.

Hello, I have a pretty big City flag (on my photo) and recently took it to Sheff Utd away but was not allowed to put it up as steward wanted to see a specific certificate which i didnt have. I have since got back to BarmyFlags who made it for me and they want £25 + VAT to issue me with one, all their new flags now come with it apparently but the older ones have to be sent back. I paid £200 for the flag so it is a decent quality and feel a bit aggrieved to have to send it back and pay more for it, can anyone help or had similar problems? Cheers.

could go have a word with your local fire station, i think they have the ability to issue fire safety certificates.

I follow England Home and Away and just a bit worried that other grounds may follow suit, what total jobsworths they are, maybe just sheff U? Not looking to store it overnight, he called his supervisor over and they told me thay they would confiscate it if they saw it up, should have set fire to it just to piss them off...

Grounds are becoming more and more strict with the rules on flags. Arrange a meeting with your local fire station to get it sorted. Either that or arrange a meeting with someone down the walkers - Ie health and safety exec.

So your not responsable to own a flag unless your willing to pay £30 for it. Doesn't seem right.

Get to your nearest fire station as said before they'll help you out.

?, cant see it chap.

Not usually a fan of St. Georges (find them a bit dull) but that's awesome with all the Leicester references and the old crest on it. Love it.

yea looks great.. i like the leicester referrece bits also,, all though not too sure on guppy/banks on there...

Thats a quality flag mate. Ridiculous you're not allowed to take it in to certain places in my opinion.

As a few people have already said, popping down to your local fire station is probably your best/cheapest bet for getting a fire certificate sorted. Would be good to see that on display in the ground :thumbup:

Don't worry too much about it, it was Sheff U getting their own back as our safety officer insisted their fans needed them when they visited us earlier in the season. It's the only time he has insisted this for away fans as he needed to prove a point, he was trying to stop home fans bringing them in and created the need for a fire safety certificate. He couldn't then allow away fans in with them as the home fans could have said what about them.

Sheff U just retaliated to the ridiculous antics used by our safety officer and I can't really blame them.

I have spoken to Leicestershire fire and rescue officers previously and they confirmed they are only a risk if stored in the ground overnight, they do not issue fire safety certificates. You should be ok at most away games as our safety officer has allowed all other away fans to bring flags in.

Cheers for the comments, really appreciate it.

I feel a right bell as thought everyone else could see the flag! Now realised that I had to change my avator or whatever they are called. My mate (Collsie) on the flag kept going to England games and seeing all these flags that were all just the badge or a pub name etc and wanted to do something a bit different so during a particularly boring drive down to Wembley we came up with that one, Did I miss anyone off? Maybe the snooker lad or rusty Lee?? Guppy got one England cap I think and he is our most recent so felt he had to go on there, I grew up in Kibby so Humperdinck had to go on there as he lives down the road!! Big Kasabian fans as well from the start, I actually met Tom the other week in the Criterion and he was proper sound, really nice guy. I was pretty pissed as well so probably bored him but he stood chatting for about 10 mins with me and my mates about city etc and he didnt have to. We bought the flag in the summer ready for the World cup.

I sit in L Block but down the front a bit and tried to put it down the front on concourse byut stewards were banging on about health and safety but really it was just too big, the only place I think it could maybe go is behind jobba but dont know him (although he has commented on my flag on the barmyarmyflags website (its under Midlands if anyone can be arsed to look) so if anyone does know him or sits right back there would they have a look for me and see if anywhere to tie it?

I will leave the fire safety certificate for now then and see if It gets turned back at any other grounds.

I am going wales v England next month and intend to put it up there if I am not too pissed to tie it all up!

Archived