Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knighton Matt

Levein's passion

Superb! Did anyone else see him applauding the fans when we were trying to get some chants going and get an atmosphere in the ground! And one of the best moments was when we were denied a penalty at the end of the first half and there were a few boos and Levein was trying to hype the crowd up to put a bit more pressure on the ref! Brilliant stuff and long may it continue! Reminds me of the MoN days when he used to get the crowd going!

It's great to see the manager do that! gives the fans and players more confidence and shows how determined he is to do well for the club! long may it continue!!

come on you blues!!!

Great to see CL do that - with all our songs we must take the opportunity to belt these out at the top of our voices! I'm sure it must have helped Connolly yesterday too!

Well done to CL and the lads...

(and the vocal support for whoever went to the game!)

aye my passion was crazy last night i sware any one see me? :P i was wearing the white leicester shirt with williams on the back.... sitting in F2 :Plol

153866[/snapback]

I heard you'd had one too many chum :cool:

Pity about the empty spaces in the ground... cos this team's starting to be worth watching and that match was a thriller.

Levein was great and he didn't make any daft substitutions (the one he did make had a perfectly obvious and logical purpose).

I thought our most effective motivator was the constant clapping (pity the ball was at the other end for most of it) but we've got to keep the noise going longer.

I finished hoarse (couldn't speak at all and my wife's very poleased!) but my life, it's like sitting with the living dead above the players tunnel (to the right).

There was a Mum, dad and three kids were in front of me and they hardly made a murmur all night. I'm 56 now but I hope I never get that old, I really do.

And space? If they'd flattened our section you could have erected a giant marquee wiithout displacing anyone.

Where's all the passion these days?. The people round me were more like cardbord cut-outs than football fans.

I usually park around Fosse Road but, for the first time in years I walked around in a circle down the canal past the Soar Point and round by the hospital.

Got kicked out of some clinical bourgoise eathouse for wearing a cap (I have a minor scalp condition that gets a bit embarrassing but they wouldn't tell Sikhs to take their turbans off I'll bet).

Then past the equally soulless but beautifully located Soar Point and past the bland, functional student bars that looked about as welcoming as a dentists.

Shock horror to find traditional pubs closed but finally the discovery of a genuine drinking utopia ... the Wagon and Horses (I think it was called) and a Belgian Honey Beer (10 per cent proof) to die for.

The whole place was stocked with real beer and real cider and by the time we left it was full of characters including a blue army hobgodlin.

One pint of that beer (and the choice of alternatives was breathtaking) and, believe me, you don't have any inhibitions about cheeering your team on (perhaps it should be a compulsory pre-match visit for West Stand ticket holders!!!).

Two mind, and I'd have slept through the whole match. :P:P:P

I thought what he did last ncie was great! I love it when the managers try and get the crowd invovled and the penalty incident was great! He was always on the touchlne and he was always getting the players going, always communicating with them.

I thought it was really funny when that penalty wasn't awarded and Birch came running out of the tunnel with his hands in the air. Thought he was going to have a heart attack. Also thought it was great when we conceded our first when Joey chased after the ball because someone hoofed it into the Stoke half and put it back on the spot. The crowd reacted to that.

the kop was loud :) i was amazed how loud the stoke fans were at some points tho :( and we didnt very often tell them to 'sit down, shut up' :P

153998[/snapback]

:blink: i didnt hear them once, until they scored but saying that they cheered for about 20 seconds then went silent again

Archived