Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Katy

We are scientists

• 4 weeks later...

My friend gave me an advance copy of We Are Scientists' "Love and Squalor" last night :thumbup: (I saw a bunch of postcards on her table and saw the word "scientists" on it and said, "Oh, is that We are Scientists? I've never heard them, but I've heard good things about them," and then bang! I got a copy of their album). I'll give my verdict soon.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Nine months on (think of my support for this band as being the first-born child of this thread, subconsciously)...

This is a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant album. First album for years where I have actually liked every single track and don't skip any of them.

Agreed Fezzler I would urge anyone out there who doesn't own this album to go and buy it. Can't wait to see them at V. :smile:

Nine months on (think of my support for this band as being the first-born child of this thread, subconsciously)...

This is a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant album. First album for years where I have actually liked every single track and don't skip any of them.

Agreed.

Saw them in August last year and was waiting for the album since then, and when it came out I wasn't disappointed, love every song and still do.

Unlike the Killers.

Saw them in November '03, waited 8 months for their album to come out and I've never been as disappointed since.

I should've realised when the B-Sides to the re-release of Brightside were a big bag of knackers.

• 4 weeks later...

name: come to philly !

query: i was thinking about asking out a boy that i have known for a while. i really like him, but is it a turn-off for a girl to make the first move? help me scientists… you’re my only hope.

No way; there’s nothing wrong with a girl making the first move. In point of fact, Michael Tapper patently refuses to make the first move. Any girl that’s ever “tasted of the Tapper†has made the first move. “Tasted of the Tapper†is a phrase Michael uses a lot. A couple of others he favors are: “Drink from the Tapâ€Â, “Tongue the Tapâ€Â, “Apply for and receive a gentle Tappingâ€Â, and “Grapple the Tappleâ€Â.

[Michael Tapper's the drummer just in case you didn't know]

' date='Sep 1 2006, 03:19 PM' post='388131']

name: come to philly !

query: i was thinking about asking out a boy that i have known for a while. i really like him, but is it a turn-off for a girl to make the first move? help me scientists… you’re my only hope.

No way; there’s nothing wrong with a girl making the first move. In point of fact, Michael Tapper patently refuses to make the first move. Any girl that’s ever “tasted of the Tapper†has made the first move. “Tasted of the Tapper†is a phrase Michael uses a lot. A couple of others he favors are: “Drink from the Tapâ€Â, “Tongue the Tapâ€Â, “Apply for and receive a gentle Tappingâ€Â, and “Grapple the Tappleâ€Â.

(Michael Tapper's the drummer just in case you didn't know)

(The guy on the left in my signature).

Archived