Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Who will be Kelly's downfall?

It seem to me every unsuccessful manager has a player(s) every fan knows is God awful, but due to stubborness/stupidity etc. will carry on playing!!

Peter Taylor: Junior Lewis :o, Akinbiyi.

Micky Adams: James Scowcroft (on the right)

Craig Levein: DeVries, Sylla

Kelly already has this ability to pick players not playing very well; Joey, Maybury, Hughes (on the wing) I just hope this will not continue into next year!!!

It seem to me every unsuccessful manager has a player(s) every fan knows is God awful, but due to stubborness/stupidity etc. will carry on playing!!

Kelly already has this ability to pick players not playing very well; Joey, Maybury, Hughes (on the wing) I just hope this will not continue into next year!!!

to be fair though he doesnt really have many other choices in midfield though does he, we arent exactly blessed with lots of midfielders are we!

I don't think you can judge now who will be his downfall to be honest, atleast wait until next season like Holly said we havn't got much of a choice in Midfield.

Hughes had a shocker on saturday as did Maybury at right back and both were dropped/their positions changed.

Clear Favoritism there.

What about gudjohnson?? He was absoulutely sh*te on Sat, has been for a while now, yet has been playing every week and getting rave reviews.

He can't pass, can't tackle, can't head. The only thing he's any good at is shooting. I for one would rather not have this one dimensional player in the side, yet CL and now RK play him as first choice. Thank god he's off at the end of the season!!!

Hughes had a shocker on saturday as did Maybury at right back and both were dropped/their positions changed.

Clear Favoritism there.

Exactly!! As was Welsh who had a shocker.

My only concern is that he might not give the academy players a chance, but that's yet to be proved right or wrong as he hasn't needed to because we've been on the best run of results for 3 years.

What about gudjohnson?? He was absoulutely sh*te on Sat, has been for a while now, yet has been playing every week and getting rave reviews.

He can't pass, can't tackle, can't head. The only thing he's any good at is shooting. I for one would rather not have this one dimensional player in the side, yet CL and now RK play him as first choice. Thank god he's off at the end of the season!!!

So who would you put in his place? Hughes in the middle and Sylla down the wing? At least Gudjonsson has something he is good at... :blush:

So who would you put in his place? Hughes in the middle and Sylla down the wing? At least Gudjonsson has something he is good at... :blush:

wouldn't go that far, but yes I would put hughes' in the middle and put one of the youngsters down the right!!

:clap::worship:

Actually I started this thread just as speculation, not as a Kelly Out campaign (I like the guy) but even O'Neill had his Impey (Yes he was reasonably effective but I'm sure he could have got someone better!!).

And yes I also believe that we should play a youth player on the right wing if we have no-one better (which we don't!!!)

If results don't go our way I fear for Kelly's future, already there are people slagging him, his tactics, personnel and the position he plays his personnel. Also he has this love for 'Levien Way\Ideal', I also think his reluctance to become manager in the first place would leave me to think he would jump ship when the going gets tough!!

Overall I think he will be his own downfall, i don't think those players playing out of position should be blamed for his possible demise as it is the managers decision to play them there in the first place, but this is all too premature he will have some funds (if only a few pence) and he has options in the reserves, next seasonwill be a turning point in the opinion I have of Kelly, at the moment i'm gratefull to him for keeping us safe in this decision

:whistle:

If results don't go our way I fear for Kelly's future, already there are people slagging him, his tactics, personnel and the position he plays his personnel. Also he has this love for 'Levien Way\Ideal', I also think his reluctance to become manager in the first place would leave me to think he would jump ship when the going gets tough!!

Overall I think he will be his own downfall, i don't think those players playing out of position should be blamed for his possible demise as it is the managers decision to play them there in the first place, but this is all too premature, he will have some funds (if only a few pence) and he has options in the reserves, next season will be a turning point in the opinion I have of Kelly, at the moment i'm gratefull to him for keeping us safe in this division

Sorry for the poor spelling :blink::blink:

:clap::worship:

Actually I started this thread just as speculation, not as a Kelly Out campaign (I like the guy) but even O'Neill had his Impey (Yes he was reasonably effective but I'm sure he could have got someone better!!).

And yes I also believe that we should play a youth player on the right wing if we have no-one better (which we don't!!!)

:P Andy Impey - The chocolate fireguard !!!

• 3 months later...

Funny I started this thread for a laugh in April, but according to some (*coff Thracian*) the signs are there are a few player who do always seem to play:

Tiatto, Maybury, NEJ et al.

I really do hope this will not be Kelly's downfall!! :cry:

Overall I think he will be his own downfall, i don't think those players playing out of position should be blamed for his possible demise as it is the managers decision to play them there in the first place, but this is all too premature he will have some funds (if only a few pence) and he has options in the reserves, next seasonwill be a turning point in the opinion I have of Kelly, at the moment i'm gratefull to him for keeping us safe in this decision

Kelly definitely. For over caution, lack of vision but mainly for making the players fit the system instead of having a system to fit the players.

Actually the resigning of Dion Dublin was Levein's downfall, that is why RK punted him as soon as he got the gig even as a caretaker. Dublin fancied himself as player-manager and completely undermined the entire management team from the first day of pre season last year.

Kelly's player downfall will be Tiatto, but ultimately it will be Dim Tim and Ronald McDonald.

You might like to believe that Babylon.

But in fact I would much rather see a change of approach than a change of manager.

As for influence, there's far more than just me who's cheesed off. There'll be the 3,000-odd missing tonight for a start.

Archived