Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Floating Fox

Leicester City Ultras?

After reading the threa about "the good old days" at filbo I've decided to propose this idea that I have been thinking about.

This could be the answer to the atmopshere issues at the walkers. All we would need would be a group of people dedicated enough to form an area where they will stand and sing all game as well as help to make flags and other things like this - maybe eventually leading to bigger things

Anyway it was just an idea - many other teams have got small Ultra group's forming Crystal Palace probably with the biggest in the league. ( most other Group's are in lower leagues)

What do you think? :dunno:

Would be intresting to get a few names toghter and then speak to some people at the club if there is a demand for it.

Check out this website, has a growing communtiy on it Ultra's Uk as well as pictures etc.

After reading the threa about "the good old days" at filbo I've decided to propose this idea that I have been thinking about.

This could be the answer to the atmopshere issues at the walkers. All we would need would be a group of people dedicated enough to form an area where they will stand and sing all game as well as help to make flags and other things like this - maybe eventually leading to bigger things

Anyway it was just an idea - many other teams have got small Ultra group's forming Crystal Palace probably with the biggest in the league. ( most other Group's are in lower leagues)

What do you think? :dunno:

Would be intresting to get a few names toghter and then speak to some people at the club if there is a demand for it.

Check out this website, has a growing communtiy on it Ultra's Uk as well as pictures etc.

Well i will give it a go! I sat in the kop on monday and it was just poor! Weather I am an Ultra or not I do not know what will be expected of me but I'M in! :ph34r:

Don't like the name. :whistle:

Good point. We would need to think of a name for our Group (If one was ever made)

I.e Jorvik Reds - York

Just pointing out that an Ultra is totally different to a hooligan as well as the two names get crossed quite a bit

I think it'd be a good idea. A place for people to stand up for the entire game and sing for the entire game regardless of the score, with other like-minded people joining all around them. A place in the ground that is lively, colourful and extremely noisy would be great for reviving the atmosphere in our ground, and would be sure to stop people saying we have shit fans and it is one of the quietest grounds in the country etc. No violence, no hooliganism. Just people who want to have a good time at the football, people who want to stop the away fans singing louder than the home lot and want to get behind their team regardless of whether they're winning, losing or drawing. I've seen some videos on YouTube of German Ultras, and the atmosphere they create is amazing.

As for the name of the group, it wouldn't stay as Leicester City Ultra's.. It'd change at a later date if there was enough interest and people were serious about forming such a group.

I've been thinking about the whole atmosphere thing and I think Southampton had the right idea with the two sides of the away fans creating all the noise. L1 seems to be picking up so maybe the solution is to get a group of people together and take over a small section of the family stand. The club won't do it for us and let's be honest in terms of people and atmosphere there is very little difference now...

I'd love an excuse to get to more games!

I've been thinking about the whole atmosphere thing and I think Southampton had the right idea with the two sides of the away fans creating all the noise. L1 seems to be picking up so maybe the solution is to get a group of people together and take over a small section of the family stand. The club won't do it for us and let's be honest in terms of people and atmosphere there is very little difference now...

I'd love an excuse to get to more games!

That is the same idea we had. Take over the block to the right of away fans. Has potential anyway

Pitched the right way, the club would love it.

A mass of people, every single one wearing a blue shirt. Every single one waving a flag - some home-made, some LCFC issue. In an area opposite the cameras. SW corner would be the obvious starting point. Then it's so clearly not about taunting the opposition fans - but they'd see that you're there.

Standing and singing areas - they'd be less keen on officially agreeing to that.

Give it a go.

If the club won't switch the family stand and the kop this could force their hand. If it get's organised before the takeover is complete (not wanting to undermine the FT or anything) then it's one thing we could pressure Milan on...he'll be keen to make a good impression and improve things!

Pitched the right way, the club would love it.

A mass of people, every single one wearing a blue shirt. Every single one waving a flag - some home-made, some LCFC issue. In an area opposite the cameras. SW corner would be the obvious starting point. Then it's so clearly not about taunting the opposition fans - but they'd see that you're there.

Standing and singing areas - they'd be less keen on officially agreeing to that.

Give it a go

Would need to set up some kind of group first to get the thing kick started

Would love to have something set up by birmigham so we could get ourself's on TV like palace , aldershot, newcastle have done - but thats not going to happen

i watch my 2nd team Meelan several times a year, and whilst ultras work well in Italy i dont think the idea would catch on in the UK.

but if it did it would be proper, they motivate (and abuse) their own fans to sing and chant. cant see it somehow at the walkers tho'

Archived