Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Floating Fox

Leicester City Ultras?

Any ideas on how to export this beyond this forum?

Leicester Mercury advert - "Fed up with the lack of atmosphere at the Walkers get in touch with..."

Radio Leicester plug - Best bet is through the phone in.

Flyers outside the Walkers

sounds good. Like Jme said we'll set a poll up some time soon so be sure to vote :D

There will be no vote taking place unless we get enough interest and a decent response from people both on this site and externally. And of course until we get a list compiled with people's contact details etc so we know who wants to be involved with it :thumbup:

See here sir:

This is a masterful post and makes a lot of sense :appl: Maybe one of the Mods on here could look into acting upon the suggestion in bold?? :)

lol Thanks mate.

In terms of details you can put your e-mail address down or something where you can be contacted - thats if you want in ofcourse.

Also, the 'president' or 'people in authority' must be people who go to all games - home and away.

I only go to all home and 3-4 away per season, but I may do all away and no home next season.

Something with SK1 in the name...I like the idea of it having some connection to Leicester that only city fans will get.

Thing is from a marketing point of view, ie recognition form other clubs, leagues etc you lose any impact outside of the LCFC ball park

Thing is from a marketing point of view, ie recognition form other clubs, leagues etc you lose any impact outside of the LCFC ball park

Very true but it's also about a unique identity.

Is it wrong that this is getting me more excited then the takeover talks?

Any ideas on how to export this beyond this forum?

Leicester Mercury advert - "Fed up with the lack of atmosphere at the Walkers get in touch with..."

Radio Leicester plug - Best bet is through the phone in.

Flyers outside the Walkers

Maybe have a chat to the club and set up a little booth about Ultras and get some interest/names down before home games.

lol Thanks mate.

In terms of details you can put your e-mail address down or something where you can be contacted - thats if you want in ofcourse.

Also, the 'president' or 'people in authority' must be people who go to all games - home and away.

I only go to all home and 3-4 away per season, but I may do all away and no home next season.

Which is why there cannot be just 1 president, and there needs to be "people in authority". This way, we can guarantee there will always be at least one of the main people travelling to the games along with the group. Since Standupandsing brought the idea up, I think he should definitely be one of the people in authority :yesyes:

A sticky with the email addresses of those wanting in would be useful when the mods get round to it :P

Very true but it's also about a unique identity.

Is it wrong that this is getting me more excited then the takeover talks?

Very true also, identity is very important but has to drum up interest of recognition and exposure and not be at expense of it.

Very true also, identity is very important but has to drum up interest of recognition and exposure and not be at expense of it.

Good idea, lets have a drum too :smile::ph34r:

PS. I like the name "Spion Kopites" best from what has been suggested so far.

Pitched the right way, the club would love it.

A mass of people, every single one wearing a blue shirt. Every single one waving a flag - some home-made, some LCFC issue. In an area opposite the cameras. SW corner would be the obvious starting point. Then it's so clearly not about taunting the opposition fans - but they'd see that you're there.

Standing and singing areas - they'd be less keen on officially agreeing to that.

Give it a go.

I knew you worked for the Club

:whistle:

Aberdeen have had an Ultra following for almost a decade now, they are quite impressive.

The Ultra idea is a good one and despite my dig at Swedging, if it isn't targeted at abusing the visiting fans then I reckon you'll get all the backing you need.

Fosse Ultras :dunno:

Maybe have a chat to the club and set up a little booth about Ultras and get some interest/names down before home games.

We're going to email the club when we get a few names and put our idea's forward.

Archived