Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Floating Fox

Leicester City Ultras?

When the site for names and email addresses to be put on is finished and people begin supporting us on there, an email will be sent to PJ and TD to outline our idea/plans for the group. Requests as to what it should entail are welcome, and if 1 of them is flares, it can be requested, though it being accepted is another story :thumbup:

where will you be based? i think L1 should stay as it is for the time being and there seems to be enough kopites who would do this to make 2 singing sections then see where we go from there? hopefully merging in the family stand if TD will swap the family stand to a west stand corner..theres always 8 million spare seats in family anyway.... (im going off into dream world :doh:)

where will you be based? i think L1 should stay as it is for the time being and there seems to be enough kopites who would do this to make 2 singing sections then see where we go from there? hopefully merging in the family stand if TD will swap the family stand to a west stand corner..theres always 8 million spare seats in family anyway.... (im going off into dream world :doh:)

Same place That me and Jme Are in I think :P

Lets hope we get some good backing and Good respnsce from the club.

We're thinking about trying to be based in N1, so that we have a singing section on both sides of the away fans. L1 can stay as it is - that's something we wouldn't want to change. The Ultras section we are proposing will not be for constantly baiting the away fans (though a bit of banter is always going to occur - it does everywhere), we'll leave that to L1 :thumbup:

The email which will be put forward to TD and PJ not too far from now will include, among other things, what you say about the masses of empty seats in the family stand :yesyes: A copy of said email may well be pasted on here after being sent, and the reply received from either PJ, TD or both could be shown as well. If not, a brief outline of the feedback from the club will be sent to everyone wanting to be involved so everyone knows where they stand.

Be sure to check this thread tomorrow mate, as the support site should be finished and we'd want you to leave your name and email address on there :)

We're thinking about trying to be based in N1, so that we have a singing section on both sides of the away fans. L1 can stay as it is - that's something we wouldn't want to change. The Ultras section we are proposing will not be for constantly baiting the away fans, we'll leave that to L1 :thumbup:

The email which will be put forward to TD and PJ not too far from now will include, among other things, what you say about the masses of empty seats in the family stand :yesyes: A copy of said email may well be pasted on here after being sent, and the reply received from either PJ, TD or both could be shown as well. If not, a brief outline of the feedback from the club will be sent to everyone wanting to be involved so everyone knows where they stand.

Be sure to check this thread tomorrow mate, as the support site should be finished and we'd want you to leave your name and email address on there :)

:thumbsup:

Td is a top bloke who comes over to L1 some games and chats with the fans about stewarding football etc.. im sure hed be very supportive :thumbup:

:thumbsup:

Td is a top bloke who comes over to L1 some games and chats with the fans about stewarding football etc.. im sure hed be very supportive :thumbup:

Yeah we're sending the email to TD on the basis that he is usually very open to suggestions from fans, and we know he definitely takes time out to reply to everything he receives in terms of suggestions for improving things. Hopefully if we get enough support together in the next couple of days, we can send the email complete with a link to the site which is being set up so he can see the amount of support we have received without properly advertising our ideas. This should help our case slightly, as he'd know people would be interested in it and it wasn't a random idea that no thought had gone in to.

How's the site going?

I'm not actually making it. potter3 is making it, and he has got the core of it in place. It should be easy to finish from there, so he says he'll most probably finish it off tomorrow - as Standupandsing posted earlier. (If it isn't finished tomorrow, it should definitely be done on Friday) Depending on who's on MSN at the time of completion, the link will be given to me or Standupandsing to post on here for people to put their names down :thumbup:

'fraid not.

Fosse Mods is way ahead in the naming stakes. :ph34r:

-- Kudos BartonFox for suggesting Fosse in his suggestion, I think he's onto something. :smile:

Leicester City Mods a distant second. ;)

I have word that, due to lack of suggestions, 4 names are emerging as leading contenders in the race to name the LCFC Ultras group. These are (in no particular order):

Fosse Mods

Spion Kopites

Leicester City Mods

SK1-FOXES (or FOX-SK1s)

As there is no official name at the minute, people interested in being a part of it are more than welcome to throw in their suggestions, and, if we get the green light from the club to have a group like this, we'll run a poll to decide which name we should use. :thumbup:

I have word that, due to lack of suggestions, 4 names are emerging as leading contenders in the race to name the LCFC Ultras group. These are (in no particular order):

(1) Fosse Mods

(3) Spion Kopites

(2) Leicester City Mods

(4) SK1-FOXES (or FOX-SK1s)

As there is no official name at the minute, people interested in being a part of it are more than welcome to throw in their suggestions, and, if we get the green light from the club to have a group like this, we'll run a poll to decide which name we should use. :thumbup:

Don't worry, I've numbered them in order for you. ;)lol:D

:smile: It was implied. I'm tempted to drop LCM's, leaving Spion Kopites in second place. I'm flexible like that.

Don't worry, I've numbered them in order for you. ;)lol:D

:smile: It was implied. I'm tempted to drop LCM's, leaving Spion Kopites in second place. I'm flexible like that.

As I said, there is no official order yet as nobody has been polled, but I have a feeling your numbers are wrong and, based on what I know, the actual order is a little different to the one you have laid down ;)

Whey! :worship:

And so it has begun! :smile:

3 votes for it doesn't necessarily mean it'll be chosen, as we're looking to have many more than 3 voting on it lol! :P It'll be a favourite I'm sure, but as we are open to suggestion at this early stage, a challenger could emerge and win :)

This is quality stuff.

And this is what this forum is all about. Creating and fostering ideas to improve the club.

Although he did it rather negatively TPH alluded to my only concern in that we talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Reading through the 8 pages this morning however suggests that there is more enthusiasm for this idea then we have seen for awhile. And also, more crucially, it all seems very doable.

One of my tips would be to avoid overusing the word Ultra's in any corrospondence with the club or whoever else. You don't want to inadvertently create a hostile impression.

And although I'm not able to attend many games at home I am happy to help in any way I can even if it is just through signing petitions, etc. I would say that's initially the most important factor - getting support for the idea, not just on this forum but at matches, through mates, wherever. Get 1,000 names or something like that and surely the club can't ignore you.

As for a name Spion kopites has to be the best for me. A reference back to the old days which we all want back and also something very particular to LCFC.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

We're thinking about trying to be based in N1, so that we have a singing section on both sides of the away fans. L1 can stay as it is - that's something we wouldn't want to change. The Ultras section we are proposing will not be for constantly baiting the away fans (though a bit of banter is always going to occur - it does everywhere), we'll leave that to L1 :thumbup:

The email which will be put forward to TD and PJ not too far from now will include, among other things, what you say about the masses of empty seats in the family stand :yesyes:

It's really up to you, but the idea of being next to the away fans is unlikely to be warmly received by the club/safety committee/plod etc.etc.. Not least because a second section there would jack up the policing bill. Similarly, any suggestion of banter as being integral is likely to get a poor response.

I'd suggest an empty corner away from the away support - and then if that's successful, ask to move after a season.

Went to a Lazio game a few years back and in protest against something the Ultra's had got into the stadium early and turned every sign upside down - advertising boards, warning notices...the works! Unbelievable! The Ultra's at Lazio also have a much darker side though.

Sampdoria are by far the worst, their absloutley Barmy, when the play away they're normally locked in the stadium they're visisting for a good two hours. Thats the whole of the away support not just the Ultras.

Or building on an earlier suggestion, call the group

the SK ones

Maybe the Club would even consider renaming a block 'SK1', thus making it clear to people that if you want to sit in an area where there will be noise - hopefully - that's where you head. And if that's not what you want, sit somewhere else. Then everybody's happy

lets go with a local theme

'jihad ultras'

lol:ph34r:

check out the site of my boys

http://www.brigaterossonere.net/

Duh, the situation in Milan is VERY special, since the rivalry between Inter and AC is running for about a hundred years now. Two clubs from the same city playing in the same stadium (Giuseppe Meazza) that can host up to 80'000+ fans.

And they both HATE each other with a passion.

U_C.. if you want this to work, I suggest you drop the anti 'flask brigade' part of your sig.

You say you want to bring people together so divisive statements like that aren't going to work?

Do you see?

Or shall I give up?

Join me in the Flaskazuri!! :whistle:

Archived