Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

eeeeeek check the names

The search to fill the helm at the Walkers Stadium has begun in earnest after Nigel Worthington's fifth and final game as caretaker boss in Sunday's 4-1 home defeat to Midlands rivals Wolves.

Worthington was installed on a temporary basis until the end of the season following Rob Kelly's dismissal on April 11 and Mandaric has already admitted the Irishman "will be considered" for the role after fulfilling his remit of securing the club's Championship status.

Worthington himself has publicly expressed his desire to land the job on a full-time basis.

Former England manager Glenn Hoddle and ex-West Brom duo Gary Megson and Bryan Robson, all of whom are currently out of work, have long been linked with the post while Chris Coleman is thought to be among the front-runners for the job after he was sacked by Fulham last month. Chelsea assistant Steve Clarke has also been linked.

Mandaric, who has a three-year plan to get Leicester back into the Premiership, insists he will take his time and carefully weigh up all the options available to him before making a decision.

"Several top-quality candidates have made me aware of their interest in this high-profile position but it would be unprofessional of me to divulge any further information at this moment in time," said Mandaric.

"But the choice of manager is, as I have said before, crucial and I cannot afford to rush it.

"I wish we could have the right person today but it is such an important decision I must take my time.

"Nigel Worthington was the man here at the end of the season and he has made it perfectly clear that he would like the job on a full-time basis, but there are three or four others I have to look at closely.

"The one thing is that I will not be pushing myself to make the decision quickly. I hope everyone will understand that.

"But I can guarantee that whatever final decision I make it will be in the best interests of Leicester City Football Club."

hoddle megson an robson they set the alarm bells ringing

Former England manager Glenn Hoddle and ex-West Brom duo Gary Megson and Bryan Robson, all of whom are currently out of work, have long been linked with the post while Chris Coleman is thought to be among the front-runners for the job after he was sacked by Fulham last month. Chelsea assistant Steve Clarke has also been linked.

Scary... absolutely frightening prospects. :o

I wouldn't say no... he's certainly ahead of the Scary ones in my thoughts. :whistle:

As for Steve Clarke... I mentioned his name somewhat jokingly, a few weeks later it was in a paper or something. lol

Gary Megson :frusty::|:frusty:

Can not understand why people do not want Gary Mac. He did a great job at Coventry before he left due to personal problems. He was brilliant for us as a player and ithink he would do a great job for us.

Can not understand why people do not want Gary Mac. He did a great job at Coventry before he left due to personal problems. He was brilliant for us as a player and ithink he would do a great job for us.

Why did you quote the guy who didn't want Gary MEGSON and then go on to say you don't know why people don't want Gary McAllister?

Weird :S

Megson and McAllister are two different surnames mate lol:thumbup:

Jean Tigana is the man, i hope he's a candidate . Everyone write to milan saying he's the man, i really don't want someone like dowie, its just going over the same old ground again manager wise and it simply isn't good enough anymore.

Jean Tigana is the man, i hope he's a candidate . Everyone write to milan saying he's the man, i really don't want someone like dowie, its just going over the same old ground again manager wise and it simply isn't good enough anymore.

Yeah and Tigana is one of those managers where he'd just buy the french reserve reserve team or something he only buys french players - french would be the new official language of the walkers - do we want that?

Archived