Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MADLEVEIN

MARK DE-VRIES

WHAT IS MDV  

68 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT IS MDV

• the next henry
    • the next akinbiyi
    • the next ormondroyd
    • hee haw

The next crapinbuyi methinks  :thumbdown:

78320[/snapback]

hardly cost us £5mil :unsure: give him time, he is playing upfront with someone who is never where you would expect him to be. Although he doesnt win anything in the air to flick on anyways... :unsure:

78357[/snapback]

Yep - the fact that he didn't cost £5million is his only saving grace. Fair enough Connolly isn't the greatest player to play alongside (if you can even call him a striker after some of his performances), but that doesn't prevent De Vries from being able to win the ball in the air or get into shooting positions. :huh:

Don't know if you noticed on Sunday but towards the end Levein asked de Vries to come short for a throw in but de Vries asked him why he should when there was nobody behind him even if he did head it on. He came short, the throw was aimed at his head so he didn't bother jumping to nod it on because he knew there was no point. Give him time, see how he does after he's had a pre-season under his belt and has settled down in the area fully.

Don't know if you noticed on Sunday but towards the end Levein asked de Vries to come short for a throw in but de Vries asked him why he should when there was nobody behind him even if he did head it on. He came short, the throw was aimed at his head so he didn't bother jumping to nod it on because he knew there was no point. Give him time, see how he does after he's had a pre-season under his belt and has settled down in the area fully.

78461[/snapback]

he needs to do what he's told in that case.

anyway whats his excuse for not bothering to head the ball any othertime?

"i won't bother heading/jumping/attempting to win this ball as the keeper will get it anyway"

He did do what he was told. He came short for the throw and then it was thrown well over his head. Even if de Vries did win his headers there'd be no-one there to pick up the ball. You have more hope of letting their defenders get in and head it out to your midfield that are pressing forward. He's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't. Maybe instead of pointing the finger at de Vries, we should look at what anyone did to support him on Sunday. When he timed his run well he was given offside and even then, Tiatto's ball was played away from goal. Nelson was all over him on the edge of the box and he still won nothing. When we needed balls in the box, Dublin and de Vries both up front, Gudjonsson played the ball ten yards outside the box forcing de Vries to run out of position and attempt to head the ball back in. I can't remember de Vries picking the ball up at any stage and having more than one Leicester player in close proximity. He was fighting a losing battle all game. Dickov was up on his own too and I think he'll agree how tough it is. He only had a couple of half chances all game.

I think he's looked useful in patches, particularly the Charlton game. However, I think he needs to be given time. Unfortunately, given the position we're in, and our lack of goals, fans are getting frustrated and it seems de Vries is not being afforded any patience.

Unfortunately, given the position we're in, and our lack of goals, fans are getting frustrated and it seems de Vries is not being afforded any patience.

78510[/snapback]

He did his chances no good yesterday.

Craig Levein is often quoted as saying he can play in the Premiership. WORRYING :blink:

Is he still "unfit"?? He looked shattered by half time! :rolleyes:

78518[/snapback]

will he ever be 100% fit

he never looks as if he is giving his all and as for jumping for the ball he was screamed at every week for not even trying to win it in the air.he would rather hope to get a freekick

i really do think he is due another slight injury to keep him off the training field.

Is he still "unfit"?? He looked shattered by half time! :rolleyes:

78518[/snapback]

will he ever be 100% fit

he never looks as if he is giving his all and as for jumping for the ball he was screamed at every week for not even trying to win it in the air.he would rather hope to get a freekick

i really do think he is due another slight injury to keep him off the training field.

79279[/snapback]

It's exactly the same here I'm afraid... :(

MDV needs to

Stop playing for the fouls so stop falling over, he is strong enough to stay on his feet see most any defender

Stop huging the defenders and concentrate on getting to the ball, some time he is so preocupied hold a defender he forget the objective is to get the ball into the net.

Stop pretending to try and head the ball and start trying to head it.

Stop giving 50% effort and give 100% for the club, we aint fooled by you

Start using his strength

Start using his skill

Start using his speed

He has the ability and the size to be someone special. but he aint got the brains to use it.

Disapointed is an understatement

• 3 weeks later...

I've been patient up to now with MDV but after recent displays I've lost patience. He might have a nice touch and can turn well but he's got no pace to back it up, and he can't jump to save his life.

IMO, it's about time CL dropped him from the first team and gave Moore a chance.

Put MDV into a rugged training schedule where he works on his sprinting and jumping.

Because of his size 6 ft 6 he looks ODD against a 5' 10 bloke. This was the same with ORM!!!

He does not look elegant No, but effective and a pain to defend against. To be honest he needs a few goals just like Connelly to get confident.

Leave it out hes played 11 games and wasnt a £5m man!

:(

I think it' more than just confidence - it looks more like a case of lack of ability. It can't be disputed that he hasn't got any pace, this would be okay if he could win the ball in the air, but his timing is way off most times and he can't get up very high. The man cannot jump.

Maybe we should send him over to Leicester Riders for some training... ;):ermm:

Unfortunately, given the position we're in, and our lack of goals, fans are getting frustrated and it seems de Vries is not being afforded any patience.

78510[/snapback]

He did his chances no good yesterday.

Craig Levein is often quoted as saying he can play in the Premiership. WORRYING :blink:

78512[/snapback]

What Premiership is Levein talking about.He couldnt be that confused, or could he.

Archived