Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shen

#19 Progreshen

This mix has been a long time coming. Basically I've been thinking about which songs to put together since back in April or something when I started reviewing the other mixes. I opted for a mix that's (to me anyway) cohesive instead of mixing many different genres together. I tried the latter, but it just didn't sound good at all. It was a really hard selection process and I've had to compromise a lot! Basically I've left out a lot of 'unfriendly' music in order not to offend too much, so quite a few of my first or second choices of various artists are not in there. And on top of that, I also had to cut out quite a few songs in order to keep the mix at a reasonable size, and there were a lot of hard choices to make! Still, I'm satisfied with my first attempt at making a somewhat coherent mix, and for those bothered to have a listen, I hope some of it will be new to their ears. Enjoy...

ps. I will take up reviewing again very soon :thumbup:

Shen's mix

Tracklist:

1. Soul Coughing - Bus To Beelzebub

2. Living Things – End Gospel

3. Priestess – Lay Down

4. Amplifier – Neon

5. Oceansize - Catalyst

6. Nosound – About Butterflies And Children

7. Porcupine Tree – What Happens Now?

8. Dream Theater – As I Am

9. Flyleaf – Fully Alive

10. A Perfect Circle – Judith

11. Mew – Am I Wry? No

12. Riverside – Through The Other Side

13. A Perfect Circle – Three Libras

14. Porcupine Tree – Gravity Eyelids

15. Oceansize – Trail Of Fire

16. No-Man – The Break-Up For Real

17. Hiroki Kikuta - It Happened Late One Evening

Looks a good mix,Porcupine and Riverside are notable excellent choices in there,I will have to give it all a full listen when I have time.

Looks a good mix,Porcupine and Riverside are notable excellent choices in there,I will have to give it all a full listen when I have time.

I deliberately omitted a lot of the more "proggy" songs I had in mind, in an attempt to make the mix more accessible, but I hope you'll find a few of the songs interesting if you're that way inclined :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm, seems this one didn't inspire anyone. Better be careful about recycling some of the tracks on my upcoming mix :P

Giving this a try now mate, didn't see it before. Looks interesting, will get back to you when I've listened to it tonight.

Giving this a try now mate, didn't see it before. Looks interesting, will get back to you when I've listened to it tonight.

Turned out none of them were really my thing. The last one is crazy :crylaugh: Liked it.

Worth a listen though.

Turned out none of them were really my thing. The last one is crazy :crylaugh: Liked it.

Worth a listen though.

Didn't expect you to like it, I have to say :whistle: The last one goes on and on and on. My dad threaten to destroy my SNES if I didn't mute the sound :P

Thanks for the listen though :thumbup:

Archived