Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Dahnsouff

Forum Supporter
  • Posts

    25,802
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by Dahnsouff

  1. Suspect you are quite correct in your conclusion.
  2. Not going to contest this as it’s largely true. I think Cooper is a bit of a coward, or at least very wary. Just after the first win is on the board, hope now we can relax a bit and be more adventurous. Still disagree on Ayew as selecting the pass to Facundo or Steph risked losing the ball and the game turning into ping pong, exciting but with little control, so the choice to slow it down and lower Bournemouths momentum did not feel a bad choice. Think Cooper prefers a modicum of control, so this type of thing was always likely. Not going to lie, today reiterated quite how far we have fallen.
  3. I totally get this and agree, and I think part of the issue is that people are wanting to see Fatawu and Stepney bombing down the wings, ideally supported by Ricardo andJJ, but Cooper is not that guy, not that brave, even if he might think it reckless, and I hope we see more bravery after this initial win. Plenty don’t like Ayew, for the reasons above, but he seems just what a team fighting to survive in the this league needs too me.
  4. I hope we see braver display as time goes on, but don’t hold your breath about Ayew.
  5. Buying fouls on the byline, 5+ I would think.
  6. Hope after todays epiphany of not requiring 3 CDMs that we see a more adaptable formation soon, and yes, a bit more Bilal whilst keeping plenty of Facundo. Anyway, Ayew’s foul fishing helped get us over the line today.
  7. To be fair he is Satan to the majority of posters in this thread. So it may add a bit of balance. He is certainly not the messiah, he has lead a low confidence team to a hard earner, yet lucky victory. I just hope that if he does remain (not bothered either way) that he can cause the group to push on from here.
  8. But he stops us suffering wave after wave of attacks, like today, is crucial we have an out ball. Not every out ball needs to lead to an attack, it is also useful to relieve the pressure. (I know how tedious that sounds)
  9. Fancy that is 100% his job tbh. Fatawu is great but he does not have the smarts of Ayew and I reckon that’s why Cooper starts Ayew when he is available.
  10. I think, yes, this ability to get the ball, win a free kick to stop the oppositions momentum does seem a part of it for sure. Works sometimes I guess.
  11. This is what every football fan says though, this could have happened or we didn’t do that, it’s important to keep it grounded and focus on the unit, players, manager, etc. We won, I just hope we grow after this win and improve, but this season very much depends on how we as a unit develop from here. If people are being consistently negative and will not entertain that their point of view could be incorrect or even subject to change (I have already said I would not be sad to see Cooper go) then why should I entertain their relentless negativity? They do not entertain my irritating non-stop positivity.
  12. 1-0. There is your stat, and it’s a good one. To be serious, Ayew was good imo, he kept the ball when we were trying to break, stopping Bournemouth from being even more relentless. He was smart, sure he is no Fatawu as a player, but Fatawu has no real smarts, no comparable level of discipline, but yes he is super exciting, he is very engaging on the pitch. I just fear this season that we will need both types. BDCR not so much.
  13. This is the point that causes me the most concern if I am honest, it baffles me the when/who of his substitutions.
  14. You are rubbish at watching football
  15. I think plenty recognise that the performance we saw, the 90 minutes, was not good enough, but at the same time also see the importance of getting this first step out of the way. The hope being we grow into better performances from a more confident result.
  16. Struggle with the lack of respect shown to Ayew, as he is far from flashy and on that I agree, but he is a grafter and does do an important job, it just isn’t scoring or assisting.
  17. Good point about not needing 3 CDMs, and those championing Wilf return to a more defensive role, should be pleased too.
  18. You think the players went off plan then?
  19. Cannot tell if the whole group on low on confidence, but it certainly feels that way at times, as that very low key, nigh on cowardly second half seems quite telling of our lack of confidence.
  20. Wasn't the Foxes Talk mantra that Enzo would be found out in this league?
  21. Second half was cowardly, a safety first approach. Hopefully a win will breed confidence and we can try both halves soon!
  22. Was certainly not enthralling, but as long as they don`t score, just about acceptable (At least this first time)
  23. Yes, we kept a clean sheet, or do you have a better stat?
  24. Think this is about it. We are not going to boss games like in the Championship, these are not the same quality of players we had last time we were in the Premier League, so if we can just stay up and then he can be poached by Chelsea and go with our good wishes.
  25. We won - so not today
×
×
  • Create New...