Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Gamble92

Member
  • Posts

    8,166
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    15

Everything posted by Gamble92

  1. This has always been one of many signs that our fanbase don't seem to value the history the way other clubs do. I know there's some of us who do, but there's not a chance you'd get away with renaming the Jack Charlton stand at Leeds the Kenwood Kettles stand. No one gave a flying **** when we did it to the Lineker stand. It's even worse there's just North, East, South, West now. We spend a lot of time moaning about how the KP/Walkers took away the soul but we have won more at this stadium and had more prestigious games than we ever did at Filbert Street. There was a real chance to build on that. But it's regressed massively. We don't even try to establish it and stand names/statues would at least go some way to towards trying. Even the way King Power have been able to plaster their brand everywhere with no backlash. I get that the success plays a part in that but the way they don't honour anything that's not to do with them absolutely stinks the place out too.
  2. Sounds as miserable as every other Leicester fan then
  3. Ric probably emailed the reception off his Gmail
  4. I feel like there's so many alternate timelines where King Power would have been hated much more than they are now.
  5. Sugar daddy mode activated
  6. We gonna guess the statement from Fatawu then? It’s difficult to put into words what this club has meant to me. From the moment I arrived, I felt welcomed by my teammates, the staff, and especially the incredible supporters. Although my time here has had its challenges, I will always be grateful for the opportunity to wear the Leicester City shirt. Every time I stepped onto the pitch, I gave everything I had because I understood what this badge means to so many people. To the fans, thank you for your unwavering support through every high and low. Your passion, your belief, and the atmosphere you created made every match special. I will never forget hearing you sing my name and the encouragement you gave me, especially during difficult moments. I leave with nothing but respect and appreciation for everyone connected with this club. Leicester City will always hold a special place in my heart, and I wish the team every success in the future. Thank you for everything.
  7. You just know Matty has this on his wall framed above a decaying pool table in a Blaby basement
  8. Probably to avoid even more criticism. I don't think this deal is particularly bad but they'd hate for everyone to get a proper picture of the finances based on the deals we have made.
  9. I'd have been gutted about losing him last summer. Now I'm not arsed. Don't get me wrong, he will do well with discipline and a set up that's basically everything ours wasn't. It's unfair to pin all our hopes on him and JJ like we did. That being said, he's another one who could not give a flying a **** when shit hit the fan. Maybe in time I'll forgive him more than others because of age, but anyone involved with last season will not be missed.
  10. I think that will suit us. They'll want to come out and play. I think we'll shock people by just how much better we are than every team we play.
  11. Nelson and Fatawu. He only said we'd make money for Fatawu and didn't think Top would stump anything up. Was all guess work of course like all this is off the supposed experts. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying everything is all rosey. Far from it. Just think the situation is redeemable. They don't have many more seconds chances though.
  12. We're also going to make a hell of a lot more in sales than he thought we would. So not all as doom and gloom as he was saying.
  13. I swear he's had a few articles like these on the Sun that last about a day or so before his lawyers get them removed. Was some about his affairs few years ago that were quickly taken down.
  14. Saying he did everything he could to leave, staying with us was never an option. Filbert the Fox stinks. The kebabs on Narborough road are shit. Etc etc
  15. Thought you'd done a little poem for me with the way you'd put this together. Meh he spoke about us with contempt. I have no time for him. You do you.
  16. He treated us like shit mate. What do you want people to act like?
  17. The further pay cut going down again clearly means he is just as well off by accepting half his wages for the year and getting a contract somewhere else. In the championship he rode it out because he'd never have got a contract on that level.
  18. I do that with girlfriends too
  19. Agree with this bit suppose you can't also ame anyone who's wary. We are all traumatised
  20. This is the part of it I can't understand. He played in spite of Martin at Southampton. The laughably bad Bazanu could apparently play out so Martin stuck with him relentlessly despite all the data. Then he got injured and he was forced to play McCarthy. If it's to do the Begovic role then fair enough but I still find it bizarre.
  21. Id say it's unfortunately almost certain we are still paying some of the wages. Even the deducted league one wages would be too much for a club like them to take on for a player with such little demand.
  22. Why does McCarthy look like my Dad dressed to watch the game with a bowl of nachos?
  23. I'm not going to knock him, but to neglect the club to the point of catastrophy like we have, and then basically appoint someone in the role who can just do this job. Well it's a bit hard to be excited about it. Like watching your house burn down and being happy the hoover still works.
×
×
  • Create New...