-
Posts
8,166 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
15
Everything posted by Gamble92
-
Wout Faes signs for Leicester - Official
Gamble92 replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
I said in the build up neither are good enough to play this system. Comes to something when the system you play makes players signed for £15m+ unable to play decent against Notts County doesn't it? There's just a kind of acceptance about playing this way too. Matt Piper said on Radio Leicester we should just accept that's how football is now. Should we? The interest from other clubs excuse doesn't really fit when Souttar is captain and we have just rejected a bid. He's also said he wants out. -
Notts County 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread
Gamble92 replied to StanSP's topic in Leicester City Forum
Can anyone explain signing and starting McCarthy to me? At Southampton he persisted with the horrendous Bazanu because he was apparently good with his feet despite all stats showing he was letting in the most goals per shot. He got injured and Martin was forced to play him, and granted he was much better than Bazanu but Southampton fans said this was because he didn't do the brain-dead stuff out from the back. I thought we'd signed him to be the no.3 behind the younger keepers but he's starting ahead of them. Martin knows he can't pass out yet has asked him to play like that? Make it make sense. -
Notts County 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread
Gamble92 replied to StanSP's topic in Leicester City Forum
Welsh though isn't he -
I was going to mention that game specifically but I don't like to bring it up. I've got to go and sit in the corner with a wet towel on my head now. Thanks.
-
Notts County 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread
Gamble92 replied to StanSP's topic in Leicester City Forum
I could write essays on what I think of this style that's killing the game but one massive take away for me is players become so scared trying to play it. You can see Souttar second guessing everything he is about to do when he gets the ball. Even opposition like Northampton and Notts County sense that fear. Not only that, the patterns are so structured that it's so obvious. The tempo likewise. Northampton and Notts County, one of League Two and one just been in League two, haven't suddenly become these amazingly drilled football teams who've just had good days. Coaches don't find it hard to coach for this way of playing when you don't have 100m players in each position. This is stripping away all the spontaneous aspects of football and replacing it with 700 passes between centre backs and goalkeeper. That's football now in the main. I hope to God this era dies soon because I don't know many who enjoy it. -
Russell Martin - Confirmed as First Team Manager
Gamble92 replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
I agree and it's just Rudkin and this pathetic ownership in a nutshell. They have doubled down when everyone can see the real issues. I hope Martin does well. I would take just getting out this league and him leaving but I just don't see how we get away from this style until the man baby Top leaves. -
Wout Faes signs for Leicester - Official
Gamble92 replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
I'll get pelters for this but he's better than Okoli and Souttar. Especially for this system. -
It's the Football Manager "trigger press when Thomas gets the ball" for sure. Been happening in most games he's played for years.
-
Notts County 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread
Gamble92 replied to StanSP's topic in Leicester City Forum
Souttar as captain is absolutely his excuse lined up for the upheaval in the window. He knows he can blame that for early shit results. I'll never be a fan of this style. There's plenty that will tell you Enzo was great but anyone who watched it and knows just how much more he had at his disposal knows different. Even if we go up I will never rate it. It works if you're much much better than the other team and even then it's so boring. -
Notts County 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread
Gamble92 replied to StanSP's topic in Leicester City Forum
We're trying to death by pass everyone now and conceded 6 big chances. Imagine thinking this style of football works -
I'd love to know how this style of football creates less chances for the opposition. I have seen nothing of Enzos time or Martin ball to suggest that at all. Only worked under Enzo when we were absolute flat track bullies against dog shit. Even they worked it out. Early on in that season we had so many lucky results too.
-
I understand if you didn't want to give them your money any more, but I doubt you'll be in the loft instead of scratching you balls with Doritos in front of your dodgy fire stick pal
-
I have some bad news for anyone who thinks they have a large outside area. It's not
-
Class. This is more like it
-
This kind of thing would have took a couple of Stella drinking kebab eaters off here to come up with in 5 minutes. Yet the club no doubt employs a bunch of people with zero Leicester knowledge in favour of what Uni they went to. Same goes with the social media. No doubt everyone in that department studied all that shit for years but most of us could tell them to read the ****ing room on the majority of their posts in last few years.
-
100% this. You can't allow for this neglect without the enablers. There's people who think Top genuinely cares. I'll never tire of saying they were the luckiest owners ever with that title win. Could we have done it without them? No. But what people need to get in their heads is who really achieved that feat. The way they carelessly threw money at it to get us up was making us what Derby and Sheffield Wednesday were. It was completely the same tactic. The achievement of the title win was made what it was by the lack of spending once we got there. It's not Jack Walker at Blackburn. The tragedy created a hell of a lot of revisionism. Ranieri's sacking made them public enemy number 1. Vichai was in London bragging he was sacking him. All Top has done since the death is run it with the carelessness it's always been run with. We just got lucky before and it created a King Power supporting cult that's clapped us into oblivion.
-
Why is it when this situation is talked about to a wider audience we are always gaslit about King Power "changing our expectations", as if this period of our history would have somehow been acceptable before? Just heard Owyn from Radio Leicester on 5Live say this and I like him. He's held them to account as much as someone in his position can. But even he's saying this bullshit. We have only ever been in League One once before ever. We've enabled that unparalleled decline with this manipulative bullshit from other sections of the fanbase. Don't tell me I've changed my expectations. If anything I was glad I've seen what I had and would have settled for a lot less for the rest of my life. But not ****ing this. Not a complete neglect of my club.
-
The issue while these clowns are in charge will always be transparency. You see in small matters like this just how little they give a ****.
-
If you did a best of Leicester XI you probably said "who" about all of them before they got in the first team.
-
Shilton is a very bitter old man
-
Ideas for stadium name once KP are gone..
Gamble92 replied to jayfox26's topic in Leicester City Forum
Don't even joke about that -
You just know the KPFC worshippers on Facebook cannot wait for the first bad moment under a new regime to shout careful what you wish for! Told you so! The Ginettas are already baking Top a goodbye cake. Bet they're inconsolable. Hopefully someone's shown them to brochure. She had us valued at 500m the other day.
-
It will be but I just hope that we all try and emphasise how much we want our history acknowledged again. King Power made it pretty clear that anything that pre dates them, and that doesn't have us worshipping what "they gave us" will never be acknowledged. I suppose we are always going to be resigned to having the Stadium named after a sponsor, but it would be great to have Filbert Way with statues of those who actually won us the League and Cup around the stadium. Move Vichai to the memorial garden. He should always be remembered, but I can't help but feel it's more of a shadow hanging over us outside the ground rather than inspiring the fans or team.
-
We'll smash these
-
This was delivered like one of those people who loves ruining surprises.
