Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

davieG

Admin
  • Posts

    70,486
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    103

Everything posted by davieG

  1. Leicester City Football Club Hugo De Lisle played 65 minutes for England U18s to help them to a 2-1 win over Egypt His side are now into the semi-finals of the UEFA Friendship Cup
  2. Aye. Not the outcome but the idea.
  3. Orange March to go ahead after 28 years means it looks like there's going to be trouble. Is this a subtle response to Trumps United Ireland to show the people are not ready for it.
  4. It's a long running title for these interviews on the OS. You must have missed the others
  5. 'The Spirit Was Really Good' - Sinclair Reminisces On City Career Eighteen years ago today, on 23 September, 2008, Frank Sinclair, a Leicester City star between 1998 and 2004, played for Lincoln City against us in our first-ever home appearance in the EFL Trophy. When Frank sat down with Club Historian John Hutchinson, the former defender reminisced about his career in football, playing in the Premier League, European competition, the Championship, Leagues One and Two, the National League, National League North and the Isthmian League. He also won 28 caps for Jamaica. Tuesday night's match against Fulham U21s was only the second time that our First Team have played a home game in the EFL Trophy competition, now named the Jersey Mike's Trophy. The first occasion was when Nigel Pearson’s Foxes drew 0-0 against Lincoln City, winning the tie 3-1 on penalties. Frank, on the other hand, played for Lincoln that night on Filbert Way. Reflecting on his career, Frank began: “I was a South London lad, but I went to school in West London, in Pimlico. I was offered trials at Premier League clubs like Wimbledon, Chelsea and Arsenal. I enjoyed it so much at Chelsea that I didn’t even bother going to Arsenal. I went through all the age groups there from the Under-11s to the Under-16s. Then I earned a two-year scholarship before becoming a professional. Continues here- https://www.lcfc.com/media-article/frank-sinclair-leicester-city-interview-lincoln-city-efl-trophy-lcfc-heritage?fbclid=IwY2xjawUkoudleHRuA2FlbQIxMABwZG9mAXNydGMGYXBwX2lkEDIyMjAzOTE3ODgyMDA4OTIAAR7Gcry5nu0_UbCzO7yIuDH9umBI_1P-bFBjBMzobV77DtSI0dJunjPbb9jV2g_aem_bh0v16EYYZV3yxDLGKuaXw
  6. Leicester city football club · Rajaputhrage Nihal Fernando · From Rotherham to Leicester — Ken Keyworth became one of the Foxes' memorable goalscoring forwards
  7. Leicester City Football Club 90 minutes for Louis Page as England U19s defeated Republic of Ireland 1-0 at St. George's Park on Friday evening
  8. Whoever tries to get some recompense I hope they've got a chest full of cash because Man City will defend with every penny they've got and it's a lot. They'd probably only need to win one case and the rest would fall as you'd have to prove that whatever they did wrong would have changed the result.
  9. Leicester City Football Club U21s pair Hugo de Lisle and Will Daniels returned to Repton School last week after signing their first professional contracts
  10. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/fsa-wg2026
  11. One of the signings of the summer in League One, if not the whole EFL, this past transfer window was the loan deal which saw Tommy Watson drop down to League One to spend the year at Leicester City. Too long to Copy & paste https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/preston-north-end-west-brom-derby-county-red-alert-to-leicester-city-tom-watson-situation/
  12. Leicester City Football Club Hugo De Lisle featured as a substitute during England Under-18s’ 3-2 triumph against Colombia on Friday
  13. I doubt it any punishment is unlikely to retrospective at most it'll be a points deduction going forward, a ban from some competitions and a fine. It'll be up to affected clubs to take their own action and I doubt they'll want to or can afford to spend the money against super rich Man City
  14. https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-russell-martin-season-11171342 Russell Martin reveals Leicester City start is ‘not too different’ to what he expected Russell Martin has provided an honest assessment on Leicester City's start to the season Josh Holland Leicester City correspondent 14:00, 25 Sep 2026 Russell Martin has claimed that Leicester City's start to the 2026/27 season is not too dissimilar to what he expected when he took over at the King Power Stadium. City are 13th in League One after seven games and have won just two games, despite being favourites to win promotion back to the Championship. After drawing at Notts County and losing at home to Burton Albion, Leicester improved in the goalless draw with MK Dons and beat Plymouth Argyle. However, momentum built came crashing down when Oxford United thrashed them 4-0 at home. A well-earned win over Stockport County was followed by a frustrating draw with Barnsley last week to leave them on nine points. It has left many frustrated by the lack of success in the early weeks of the season. Leicester signed 15 players after Martin was appointed and have moved on most of the relegated squad from last season. Several academy players have also come into the squad to establish themselves as first-team players, including Jayden Joseph, Will Alves and Sammy Braybrooke. Martin, who has been criticised by some sections of the fanbase, believes the changes within the club and the process taking time are exactly what he thought would happen. "I know outside, people expect, Leicester in League One, it's going to be easy, but I think with the amount of change we've had, it's probably not too different to what I expected," he told LeicestershireLive when asked about his assessment of the season so far. "Some brilliant moments, some tough moments, but a group that is really together and buying into it massively. So I'm really pleased with that. I love what we're building at Seagrave together, the staff and players. "We have to transmit that energy now onto the pitch always, because, in moments, it's been really good. People can see what's coming and then we've let ourselves down in a couple of moments. "But with the amount of change we've had, the amount of inconsistency in the team selection because of injury, new players coming in, they're not fully fit yet, we're not far off where we want to be. "So whilst there is frustration from me about certain games we haven't won or haven't seen out, I'm also really, really happy with the group and what we're trying to do. So now I think we're going to get to where we want to get to, it's really simple, so we have to keep working. So probably not too dissimilar to what I thought it would be amidst all the change."
  15. I still think we'll see them their in the later parts of games as he's not likely to have both strikers on the bench judging from his first few games
  16. Admir Bristric opens up on Leicester City move, Jamie Vardy target and pressure | Leicestershire Live Admir Bristric opens up on Leicester City move, Jamie Vardy target and pressure Admir Bristric got his first goals for Leicester City in Tuesday night's win over Fulham Under-21s Josh Holland Leicester City correspondent 25 Sep 2026 The smile on Admir Bristric's face when asked about his hat-trick for Leicester City was a relieved one. The striker scored his first goals for the club on Tuesday night, becoming the first Foxes player to net a hat-trick since Patson Daka in 2021. City beat Fulham Under-21s 6-1 in the Jersey Mike's Trophy this week, with Russell Martin's men too good for the Premier League 2 side. After being excluded from the previous two matchdays squads, Bristric came back into the Leicester team and used the cup fixture as an opportunity to gain confidence. The Bosnian, who moved to the King Power Stadium from Olimpija Ljubljana in the summer, opened the scoring with a powerful strike inside the area before doubling his tally with a tap in. Bristric then completed his 19-minute hat-trick with a low finish after good work from Will Alves. His goals come just over a week after Emil Riis scored his first goals for the club at Stockport County. After just seven games, Bristric is already halfway to matching the goals scored by Jordan Ayew and Daka last season. "It's a great feeling to play in this stadium, for this great club, it's a great feeling," he said after the 6-1 victory. "It's a bit hard for me. I came from a different league, from a different country and I need to adapt myself to here and it will come. "[I need to] be patient and with these three goals now, I get some confidence. I need to keep working hard and everything will come." He added: "I'm sure that it will help [me] a lot. I will keep working hard now, like I did until now, and then it's up to the manager and the other things. The most important thing is to get promoted to the Championship and then it will be great for everyone." Bristric's start to life in England has been a slow one and, after moving from Slovenia, he will take some time to fully adapt to the new environment. He came close to scoring a winner at MK Dons in August before sitting out of the Stockport and Barnsley games. Riis' deadline-day arrival means the weight of expectation to provide instant results on the pitch doesn't sit on the Bosnian's shoulders. It does, though, mean Russell Martin has a big squad and the League One restriction of naming only 18 players on matchday means opportunities will come as a result of hard work in training. "The rule of the league is that you have 18 in the squad, so it's a lot of guys," he added. "Of course, who is better in training and who the gaffer needs in that match will be in the squad. "So today was a great game. To score and to win, I think will be good after this." Bristric wears the famous No.9 shirt at Leicester and is almost guaranteed to do better than Ayew did in his single season with the number. However, the 23-year-old isn't looking too far ahead and insists he would be delighted to do half of what Jamie Vardy did. "I know it's a big responsibility [and] that I need to prove myself," he added. "I think it's a lot of pressure to wear this shirt. If I did half of what Jamie did, I would be grateful."
  17. My negativity relates to the poorly written article.
  18. Born in the 40s, grew up in the 50s, started a family in the 60s · Follow In the 1950s, a school medical involved routine physical inspections by visiting school doctors and nurses to check children for hygiene, vision, hearing, and infectious diseases. Doctors checked posture, heart sounds, throats, and general growth. The "nit nurse" regularly inspected children's hair for head lice. Basic vision eye charts and rudimentary hearing audiometer tests were standard. Nurses looked for smallpox vaccination scars. I'm convinced I never had a school medical, for not long after commencing senior school a teacher discovered I needed glasses. All I recall from my junior school days was the travelling dentist and nit nurse. I remember these at junior school. I also went to the Dentist at Jonathan North Girls School on Knighton Lane East after having one of my front teeth half knocked out. Had to have gas when they took the remains out.
  19. Leicester City Football Club #AD | #EFL Early CPR & defibrillation can more than double the chance of surviving an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Sky Bet are continuing their support of BHF, providing funding for 400 community defibrillators in areas which need them most. https://www.bhf.org.uk/how-you-can-help/how-to-save-a-life/defibrillators/apply-for-a-free-defibrillator-for-your-community?fbclid=IwY2xjawUh-VlleHRuA2FlbQIxMABwZG9mAXNydGMGYXBwX2lkEDIyMjAzOTE3ODgyMDA4OTIAAR765F9z2zMIRs8NVCwnvsoEjq0zkqhhABrMc0VChKWEaK7ao90orspueF34ZQ_aem_sztofBUigGXUYYv4OVHigA
  20. Very confusing article then.
  21. Not sure when as I'm confused. "will play their second group game at Stevenage on October 6 before welcoming Peterborough United to LE2". "Leicester will play a behind-closed-doors friendly before travelling to Stevenage"
  22. Leicester City to play behind-closed-doors friendly before Stevenage trip Leicester City to play behind-closed-doors friendly before Stevenage trip Story by Josh Holland Leicester City will play a behind-closed-doors friendly midway through the international break, Russell Martin has confirmed. The Foxes are not back in League One action until October 10 due to this season's prolonged international break. FIFA opted to combine the September and October internationals into a single extended break, which will see national teams play three to four times. Martin's men were in action on Tuesday night in the Jersey Mike's Trophy, beating Fulham Under-21s 6-1 at the King Power Stadium, and will play their second group game at Stevenage on October 6 before welcoming Peterborough United to LE2. City have eight senior players away on international duty, meaning 18 of Martin's squad remain at Seagrave. The non-international players will have some time off this week before returning to work in training. As part of their extended break, just six weeks into the 2026/27 season, Leicester will play a behind-closed-doors friendly before travelling to Stevenage. "I think we might have a day off or two after tomorrow [Wednesday] to just decompress," Martin said post-Fulham U21s. "And also to sit down and analyse what we've done, what we like and what we need to do better as a group. "It'll be worth it and next week will be full-on. We're going to play a friendly game next week before the Stevenage game in-house, so that'll be really important against a strong opposition and it'll be a huge part of our preparation for what's coming." He added: "It's time to work. I'd love to be saying to you now that we've had an amazing..., we've got a week off, but it's not. We're not there, we're nowhere near there. We need to really, really work and we've been at clubs where we've had a chance to work early on, using the international breaks really well and being stronger after that, we'll have to make sure that's the case."
×
×
  • Create New...