Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

StanSP

Member
  • Posts

    93,305
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    275

Everything posted by StanSP

  1. Ashwin retired. Yadav deserves a go. Arshdeep I'm not too keen on. Agree about Thakur. Even players like Sundar could play.
  2. These collapses have to be sorted out. Can accept it as a one off but twice in the same match is poor form.
  3. Can you not trample on my argument please? It should be illegal to use Ayew as evidence as well.
  4. I think it's very basic to go down the Dyche = Reid/Ayew angle. As for having a manager with potential to improve and fight off bigger clubs - I get that, and I see your point. But unless we have excellent succession planning (we don't), then we're just looking at more instability. Maresca comes in, gets us promoted, gets nabbed by Chelsea. It's hard to get that stability when a good manager gets poached.
  5. The obvious one is McNeil. And I take the point that it's more defensive players that have come through. Vokes and Ings were young when Dyche went to Burnley. Agree there's not a lot!
  6. It's a great start to the series isn't it.
  7. Surely there were youngsters at Burnley and Everton that he helped bring through?
  8. Can you copy and paste into here?
  9. That is a horrible review from England
  10. Ah my bad! That region...
  11. No! Create your own poll for those options only
  12. Ball is moving all over the place. Left, right and very high up sometimes! Whatever the score is that England need to chase, it's a shame Bumrah can't bowl all our overs
  13. Football has changed hugely since Cov were last in the PL though. It's sadly, very sadly, got to the point where just being in the PL has its rewards. I don't want to yo-yo. I want to be back in the PL with the opportunity to at least compete. I want stability with ambition. Dyche at least gives us a very decent go at getting promoted. He has a proven track record of taking Burnley up to the PL when they were favourites for relegation. I was (and probably still am) up for Danny Rohl coming in and if we get promoted with exciting attacking football that's great. But what's next season? I'm not a fan of yo-yoing just because we're known for it. It's not the way to be. Dyche is more in the Pearson-mould when it comes to a bit of a old-school leader. Probably someone that this group of players needs, and someone who can probably re-build in some way. Okay he might favour the older-style player, but is he likely to get the best out of them? Yes. I doubt he's just going to cast-off all youngsters for the sake of it.
  14. Of the few matches I've seen, I've been quite impressed. And I don't think it's any coincidence that all of those have involved South American teams. Yesterday, despite Real's 3-1 win, Pachuca gave them a decent go. Boca, Botafogo & Fluminense games have been entertaining. On the flip side, Chelsea have been boring. Man City aren't bothered but still win easily.
  15. Therefore choose if you want to carry it on in this one Hank.
  16. Discuss (if you want).
  17. That was so bad from Germany to let them get to that position. Should have just held the ball for another 20 seconds instead of giving it away.
  18. Oh my days. Italy have equalised!
  19. Another red for Italy!
  20. Gnonto red card. Was a late tackle but not sure it should be a straight red.
  21. Gsttuso looks so bored
  22. Real score and it pans to a group of fans. All of them have their phones out to film a celebration of the players. None of them actually celebrating. Pathetic.
  23. 404 is highest successful chase at Headingley. Won't get anywhere near that but in order to give England a challenging target it has to be near 350ish. Not sure we'll get that in 2nd innings. Ball was doing a lot today, especially the new one on those cracks on the surface.
×
×
  • Create New...