Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cisono

Hume Speaks!

But here is the interview for you lazy folk...

New signing Iain Hume said joining Leicester was easy after speaking to Brian Little and Ricky Hill.

Former City boss Little is now in charge at Tranmere Rovers, following spells at Aston Villa, Stoke, West Brom and Hull City, while Hill, who had a spell at Filbert Street as a player in the early 90s, is his assistant at Prenton Park.

And Hume confirmed the duo couldn't speak highly enough of Leicester when he was pondering the move.

He said: "Brian Little told me that Leicester were an unbelievable club and he said he'd spent the best three years of his management career there. I also spoke to Ricky Hill, the assistant manager at Tranmere, who is from Leicester. He also had a lot of good things to say about the club and the area and that helped to make up my mind."

Hume's arrival followed the departure of David Connolly to Wigan, and he is now looking forward to getting his head down and winning the vacant spot in the City attack.

He added: "There is a place up for grabs and I intend to do my best to fill it. It's up to me now to prove myself to the manager ahead of the Sheffield Wednesday game."

Comparisons to former City striker Paul Dickov have already been made, and the 21-year-old agreed that he was a similar player.

He added: "I am small so I have got to be tenacious. I like to play football. Hopefully, if I am involved against Sheffield Wednesday, I will be able to show people what I can do."

There is a little bit of everything in the accent of City's most recent acquisition - which he revealed comes from his interesting upbringing.

He said: "I was born in Scotland but we moved over to Canada when I was really young. I lived there for 15 years so everything I know is Canadian and that's where my heart lies.

"I have been at Tranmere for six years so my accent is a bit mixed up. But I am sure that after a year or so here it will turn into an East Midlands accent."

He sounds like a great chap. Honest and down to earth. Shrug off the "dickov" tag by saying he can play a bit.

Interesting how he said brian little rated his 3 years here as his best. I feel he left under a dark cloud, but we should thank brian partially for this signing, and atleast he feels a good connection with us still.

Anyway, welcome to the home of football Ian Hume, may your stay be long and prosperous. I for one cant wait to see what you have to offer, and i feel it will be good stuff.

Former City boss Little is now in charge at Tranmere Rovers, following spells at Aston Villa, Stoke, West Brom and Hull City, while Hill, who had a spell at Filbert Street as a player in the early 90s, is his assistant at Prenton Park.

OS as ignorant as ever :rolleyes:

Archived