Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

The Masters Grand Final

Hurrah !!! Just back from the pub here in sunny Solihull. Have endured constant p*ss taking from Vile fans (ooh up until we beat them), mouthy pseudo Chelsea fans et al. Tee hee we have only gone and won it - Leicester City in Europe, c'mon. Some of those lads have played better today than when they actually turned out at Filbert Street !

Congratulations to all the LCFC lads, I bet they have a cracking night. :D

i thought the days of beating chelscum were over ! :D:D:D

Never be mastered!

your mum's on the game

and your dad's in the nick

you can't get a job cause your so **** thick

in your cockney slums

in your cockney slums

Well in city!

:D :D :D :D :D

I've paid my dues -

Time after time -

I've done my sentence

But committed no crime -

And bad mistakes

I've made a few

I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -

But I've come through

We are the champions - my friends

And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -

We are the champions -

We are the champions

No time for losers

'Cause we are the champions - of the world -

I've taken my bows

And my curtain calls -

You brought me fame and fortuen and everything that goes with it

-

I thank you all -

But it's been no bed of roses

No pleasure cruise -

I consider it a challenge before the whole human race -

And I ain't gonna lose -

We are the champions - my friends

And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -

We are the champions -

We are the champions

No time for losers

'Cause we are the champions - of the world -

Never seen spearing celebrate before, strange sight.

At the start of the final, kamara said he didnt make a prediction upon who would win. Yeah right, you only mentioned how city play, and their tactics etc, but you couldnt bare to go against chelsea.

The sky media were so anti-city.

Not sure when the Euro Finals are but here is waht Mauchlen says:

Ali Mauchlen says he can't wait to take on Europe's finest after his Foxes won the British Masters at the M.E.N Arena on Sunday evening. Leicester were rated as rank outsiders after qualifying for the final stages of the competition in Nottingham two months earlier.

But Mauchlen's men reversed the odds and carried away the title after a 3-2 victory over Chelsea in the final.

And now the former City skipper says he can't wait to represent the UK in the European Masters next spring.

He said: "The fact that we will be representing the British Isles in Europe certainly wets the palate.

"To be crowned the Masters of Britain has a nice ring to it, that's for sure. We just can't wait for the European games to come around now."

A quarter-final victory over pre-tournament favourites Middlesbrough set City on their way, before they took the scalp of Aston Villa in the semis.

Mauchlen added: "It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience from the start to the finish.

"We were pitched up against Boro in the first game and were basically written off. They included Dean Windass and Peter Beagrie in their squad who are both currently playing regular first team football at League One level - so we knew we would be up against it.

"There I was - 45-year-old Ali Mauchlen marking Dean Windass who almost joined Wigan in the Premiership last week! But we more than held our own and I we always knew we had a chance of winning the whole thing after getting past that game.

"We dug in against Villa and after going a goal down we took control. I think we took a lot of the teams by surprise because we weren't full of multi million pound players - we were just 10 lads who had been chucked together for the night.

"I read the event programme at the beginning of the evening and they didn't give us a hope. That was motivation enough as far as we were concerned."

The Foxes then came up against the mighty Chelsea in the final, but Mauchlen's men never looked in danger.

He said: "We went 3-0 up against Chelsea in the final and although they got two goals back at the end we were always confident.

"It was great to pull on the Leicester shirt again and I think we did the city proud. Now bring on Europe!"

The official website will confirm further details of the European games as soon as they are available.

Source

Archived