Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Someone with more time (and brain cells) than me

They could lose out and lose out big, because if one person gets it then there is a good chance others will as most people think in the same way and are influenced by the same sources, and will be influenced most heavily by last season.

A lot of people will put Chelsea for the title, the top four made up from Arsenal and the Manc clubs, Liverpool and Spurs 5th & 6th then Southampton, Swansea and Everton. The bottom 3 most people will put the promoted clubs, then the bottom half made up of the rest.

I imagine a lot of people will have very similar tables, meaning that if it is a very predictable season this could cost them a lot of money. They are relying on a Southampton or Swansea having a stinker or a Villa or Newcastle having a flyer.

Well firstly they'll have insured against it. Come rain or shine William Hill will be making a big profit.

Secondly I doubt very much that there will be more than 2 or 3 instances of any table being exactly the same. Even if you take the top 8 and bottom 3 as read (and being in exactly the right order, which somebody getting right even in a "predictable" season is unlikely) there is still then a 1 in 9 factorial chance of getting all the other places right. For more than 2 or 3 people to predict exactly the same (correct) premier league table is so unlikely as to make it almost not worth considering.

Yeah, perhaps I was a bit harsh there. It is only £2 after all

That being said, the only winner of this is guaranteed to be Wills - the odds are so far in their favour it's unreal.

Depends, they need a few teams to under or over perform, if the teams finish roughly in order of perceived squad strength someone, perhaps even a few people, will win.

Meaning they are shelling out big time.

Depends, they need a few teams to under or over perform, if the teams finish roughly in order of perceived squad strength someone, perhaps even a few people, will win.

Meaning they are shelling out big time.

Possibly so, but the odds are pretty clear. Even if you have a clear top 6/7 and bottom 3, picking the other 10/11 teams in terms of form will be difficult (who would say Swansea will finish ahead of Stoke of vice versa, for instance?), not to mention, once again the mathematical odds are 1/10!, which is still huge. For the same reason, two people picking exactly the same table is pretty far out too.

Archived