Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Reserves

Who`s upset you scowy?

This is what i said:

"Only sylla, stearman, morris and hammond at the club, have shown that".

What part of that dont you understand mate?

Sounds like hes a "get you off your seat" player, good, good.

Only sylla, stearman, morris and hammond at the club, have shown that.

When has Morris shown that?

In the words of the ignorant Chris Kamara (Which is quite ironic as it's you I'm replying to): Unbelievable

When has Morris shown that?

[/i]

Last season. Didnt you see it. It was really good. I remember thinking, hell, this guy could enlighten our season. So sad he got injuerd again.

Hopefully, just maybe we`ll see him do it again, but its just hope now hey.

Last season. Didnt you see it. It was really good. I remember thinking, hell, this guy could enlighten our season. So sad he got injuerd again.

Hopefully, just maybe we`ll see him do it again, but its just hope now hey.

The only thing I saw of Morris was him being shite and unfit.

I think you might be the only person who holds that view on Morris.

No I thought Morris showed some potential, he is the same type of player - small and quick!!

Hmmmm, I watched all of his 10 games in a Leicester shirt, and never did he make an impact.

The only thing I saw of Morris was him being shite and unfit.

I think you might be the only person who holds that view on Morris.

Naaa your wrong mate, many people i know seen the same. i remember the kop getting rather excited. Admittingly it was brief, but if you consider he wasnt fit, like you say, he did rather well dont you think.

Due remember when joachim gathered the ball outside our box, when he scored that unreal goal against millwall, ooh 12 years ago now maybe. Im standing in pen 3, and you could sense everyone thinking, a-yup, this`ll be good, and that was a similar feeling when morris got the ball, albeit on a smaller scale.

Ive sensed some, what i would call, negative words from you over the last 3 posts, is there something wrong mate?

No I thought Morris showed some potential, he is the same type of player - small and quick!!

yeah thats what im saying too. thrachian kinda described hume in that way. I think CL may have terminated morrises contract, but for the fact he could well be very usefull when fit.

Does anyone have any inclination as to what he fitness is like? LCFC dont usually like telling us about bad things, that might put us off.

Naaa your wrong mate, many people i know seen the same. i remember the kop getting rather excited. Admittingly it was brief, but if you consider he wasnt fit, like you say, he did rather well dont you think.

Nope. As I said, what impact did he make? I can't think of any. His run of games coincided with us doing rather shite at the time. He always seemed to run in to players instead of beating them. If that gets you out of your seat, then you're easily pleased.

Ive sensed some, what i would call, negative words from you over the last 3 posts, is there something wrong mate?

Nope. Although, it looks like you have the problem after re-registering under a different name to deflect the stick you've been getting recently, fox-trot.

As I said, what impact did he make? I can't think of any. His run of games coincided with us doing rather shite at the time. He always seemed to run in to players instead of beating them. If that gets you out of your seat, then you're easily pleased.

Nope. Although, it looks like you have the problem after re-registering under a different name to deflect the stick you've been getting recently, fox-trot.

What, an unfit player gets the crowd going with trickery and skill, and he doesnt do well, ooh your harsh mate. I did say it was brief, so he didnt impact a great deal. naaa, im onabout when he took players on, not running into players.

If its not negativeness, what is it? You think i re-registerd, do me a favour, why would i do that? Whatever i cannot now do in general, i can do on another website. This IS, sorry, was the greatest website i`d come accross until i was "restricted", but hey, life goes on.

Hmmmm, I watched all of his 10 games in a Leicester shirt, and never did he make an impact.

More like fleeting appearances. Has he played 90 minutes in total for us yet?

When you say Chambers was fairly lonely up front, Thracian, does that mean Hume was playing up front, or just that he dropped off the front line in a Rooney-esque manner to get involved? Sounds quite promising anyway.

As for Morris, i can only remember seeing him against Plymouth and he did bugger all really, dived a few times too. Got subbed at half time in that one i think. He may well be good when fully fit but there's no point in keeping him if he's not, and that's the case 99% of the time.

I think Levi Porter played quite well and is very skillful. Kisnorbo was good in the air.

Levi's a trier, certainly. He huffed and puffed and had his moments but never quite got enough space to show his skills. In fact the Leicester lads found it hard to find space all night.

Kisnorbo won pretty well all his aerial battles defensively and showed some leadership qualities too. I'd probably have rated him 6.5/7 our of 10 on the night.

So not the 1,500 darth was suggesting would be there then.

Hume sounds good, Thrach knows the game.

Gaurenteed starter on saturday?

Yes crowd surpisingly low last night. Maybe when the bigger teams like Arsenal come to visit we'll see better. Nice night though and competitive match. Was very impressed by Chambo and he should be on bench Saturday I reckon. Hume looks promising too but Knsnorbo didn't impress to be honest. Hamill has some flair also and deserves a chance on bench.

When you say Chambers was fairly lonely up front, Thracian, does that mean Hume was playing up front, or just that he dropped off the front line in a Rooney-esque manner to get involved? Sounds quite promising anyway.

As for Morris, i can only remember seeing him against Plymouth and he did bugger all really, dived a few times too. Got subbed at half time in that one i think. He may well be good when fully fit but there's no point in keeping him if he's not, and that's the case 99% of the time.

Chambers stayed well forward for the most part while Hume tried to get some flick-ons mainly from attacking midfield. Very good at it too - he has a big run up (you'll see) and leaps like an Olympian.

Also Hume will chase things down, demand to be involved which meant he was sometimes isolated from Chambers and there really was no other player who could hold the ball up in attack.

However, Chambers, although smallish, looked pretty good at shielding the ball and holding players off - even the powerful and quick defenders that Palace had.

The problem for defenders facing Chambers is that he quickly has em in two minds. He's so tricky he can make em look idiots (not that I'm suggesting the Palace guys looked like idiots very often cos they looked extremely efficient for the most part).

However, if, as somone said on this thread, it was virtually the defence that earned Palace promotion then Chambers proved he can hack it. He was invariably outnumbered yet made himself a real nuisance and carved out perhaps half-a-dozen decent chances which he mainly put on or very close to the target.

A gem in my view.

Was very impressed by Chambo and he should be on bench Saturday I reckon.

Don't think he's allowed to be at 15.

Here's a match report by Bruin on foxfanzine:

City were overpowered in the first half by a slick looking Palace side, perhaps lucky not to have gone in at the interval further down than 1-0 on the balance of play, although actual chances were kept to a minimum.

Palace owed their ascendency to stiff, strong and well-organised defending; a combative midfield and the pace of line leader Andrews - a good prospect, but Leicester did make their more experienced visitors work for their win.

A somewhat unnecessary and needly sideshow throughout the game involved the two no 4s (Kisnorbo for City) which did devalue and overshadow some good midfield work, although miraculously neither found their way into the referees book.

Palace took the lead just as added time was announced, Hall flying down the left, checked inside and unleashed a shot which looked to be going wide but seemed to deflect into the net off a City defender.

City rallied in the second period, being more upbeat and more confident. The game might have been levelled on more than one occassion as Palace appeared to rock.

But despite a much better display this half from the home side, Palace increased their lead coutesy of another (this time badly deflected) own goal on 88 minutes, leaving the youngsters with an impoossible mountain to climb.

Tyrone Berry gathered the ball well within his own half and ran the right touchline with fabulous pace. Having outstripped his persuants, he cut inside the off-balance Norval who went to ground with a plaintive yell, and unleashed a shot to the far corner of Henderson's goal. Henderson was on the way but unfortunately for City before he could prove he was equal to the effort, the head of Goodwin got in the way and the ball was ricocheted firmly into the net.

0-2 and game over.

Team:

HENDERSON: Good. Made some very LCFC goalie type saves. Talks to everybody - I mean everybody. Even tells the front-runners what to do. (Oh! And asks the linesman how much times left every two mins)

LYCETT: Obviously a listening footballer. Knows the right thing to do, and does it as often as possible. Reacts well to his collegue's mistakes. Concern over his pace - can he learn to play a Bobby Moore role? May have the right quality yet.

FRANKLIN: Natural left-footer. I liked him. Listened well; would not be flustered; would not be bullied. - Will watch his development with interest.

KISNORBO: Mmmmmmmm! Mixed report. Some qualities required at 1st team level; some niggly attitude best left on the parks of Oz. A triple tackle and some classy flicks showed his business side, whilst perennial bad behaviour in pursuit of a vendetta marked the puerile side. Also, he was captain on the night but I didn't hear him exhort his troops once. Not an auspicious performance.

GOODWIN: Knows the game, but finds its articulation difficult. Slow across the ground. Cannot be considered 1st team material.

NORVAL: I was going to lump these centere halves together, but thought both deserved individual appraisal. Sorry, I can't separate them. They have different styles and Norval is more an on-field capt than Kisnorbo, but other than that, for Goodwin read Norval.

PORTER: Levi is rapidly approaching his Waterloo. He may not be that old but he has had 1st team experience and I just wonder whether he has 'it'. As Rino remarked: If he was 12" taller he'd be one hell of a footballer.

KING: Apart from one 22 yard effort, didn't show. Energetic without thinking - Most were similarly guilty though. If he is to make it he needs to take more responsibility; to want the ball more, and to demand his team-mates provide options for him when he has possession.

CHAMBERS: Didn't realise he is only 15. Very quick; will try tricks. But his youth, which is a fear-denying factor to help him through, can also work against him in front of goal. Can't wait to see him develop into a precocious 17/18 yo. Great prospect.

HUME: As the Trannies told us he will make height from nothing. Highly assured in all aspects of the game. May not score more than Connolly, though quicker; more penetrative and positive. All action stuff which should outweigh the enigma which was Connolly but for all that I wonder.

HAMILL: First half similar to Bury - mainly anonymous. Picked up well in the second half. Shows a good turn of pace; nice control and touch as he runs, and likes to make distance with the ball. All attributes which confer confidence and bode well.

Subs:

MAGUNDA: Hardly noticed for the time he was onfield, though he did seem to have disciplined outlook. An attribute badly needed at new Filbo. First touch requires attention if tonight is anything to go by.

BESWICK: Very busy. Came on for the last 30 and the first thing he did was take a Palace player out of the game. You beauty! Did not stint from then on either; took everthing like a man without complaint - I like it. Great attitude. No little ability either. His star could shine.

link

Archived