Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

First sacking of the season goes to.....

Sky report.

Bobby Williamson has been sacked as manager of Plymouth Argyle.

The Championship club have dispensed with the Scottish boss just six games into the new season.

Plymouth currently sit 21st in the table and the club have confirmed that Williamson has left Home Park with immediate effect.

"The board of Plymouth Argyle today announced it has served notice to terminate the contract of employment of Bobby Williamson," read a statement on the club's official website.

"With immediate effect, coach Jocky Scott will assume responsibility for first team affairs while a search for a successor commences."

Williamson took over in South Devon in April 2004 after his compatriot Paul Sturrock left Plymouth for Southampton.

The Pilgrims were all-but guaranteed promotion to The Championship upon Williamson's appointment, following Sturrock's good work.

The former Hibernian manager's first full season at the helm saw Plymouth retain their Championship status by finishing 17th in the table.

This season, the club have won just one of their opening six games and the club's board have decided to wield the axe ahead of Saturday's game with Norwich City.

lol i could have sworn it would be gary megson.. i reckon he will be the first league 1 manager to go and i reckon souness at newcastle will be first for the chop in the premiership :devil:

If Souness is given a proper chance he'll be a decent manager. Poisoned challice at Newcastle if you ask me.

Next sacking is Sven!

Hope not! It would be the wrong move by the FA. There isnt enough time for a new man to come in, adopt his style for the world cup!

The FA just need to warn Sven and tell him that he needs to get his act together! Sacking him doesnt help anyone!

Archived