Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
danfox76

Joe Dodoo Air-shot

At the very least he should have made contact with the ball!

it was quite an awkward height and needed to try and adjust in a hurry and on his weaker foot, I can understand how he didn't manage to connect

You clearly haven't watched the U21s as Dodoo scored more goals than Panayiotou last season.

you clearly never watched 21s yourself, Panayiotou scored 25 goals last year and top scorer for 21s and player of the year. Dodoo scored 7 goals. Check your stats mate.

Can't believe I've read 'out of his depth' a number of times. Absolutely unforgivable from so called 'supporters'.

Why? He did look out of his depth. He was on for 25 minutes and barely touched the ball. Completed 3 passes in that time.

I've not seen anybody write him off. People have just said he really didn't look ready yet, which was absolutely my view of the game.

Why? He did look out of his depth. He was on for 25 minutes and barely touched the ball. Completed 3 passes in that time.

I've not seen anybody write him off. People have just said he really didn't look ready yet, which was absolutely my view of the game.

Did it escape your attention that much of the rest of the side, with the exception of Schlupp, Kante and Vardy also struggled to make any impact on the game?

We were poor. Dodoo was hardly a match winner but on Saturday he was no worse than Albrighton, Mahrez, King, Drinkwater, Huth, de Laet and in my opinion saying someone is 'out of their depth' after half an hour is harsh in the extreme.

You say it's not writing him off but it's pretty close. You'd think people would learn to be more patient after writing off Schlupp, King, Vardy et al but obviously not.

Did it escape your attention that much of the rest of the side, with the exception of Schlupp, Kante and Vardy also struggled to make any impact on the game?

We were poor. Dodoo was hardly a match winner but on Saturday he was no worse than Albrighton, Mahrez, King, Drinkwater, Huth, de Laet and in my opinion saying someone is 'out of their depth' after half an hour is harsh in the extreme.

You say it's not writing him off but it's pretty close. You'd think people would learn to be more patient after writing off Schlupp, King, Vardy et al but obviously not.

I think you're reading way too much into it. You're being massively melodramatic if you're inferring that people are writing him off after 25 minutes.

It's not a comment on his potential ability as a footballer, it's a comment on 25 minutes of a performance in an individual match in which he did not look like he was ready to be playing at that level. This is a guy who barely (if at all?) featured in pre-season and hadn't even played a professional game this time last week; it's hardly a surprise or even a controversial statement to say that he wasn't ready to be playing a premier league match.

Whether other players struggled or not is entirely irrelevant. I certainly didn't rate Dodoo any worse than King, Drinkwater, de Laet, Albrighton or Mahrez and none of those players completed as little as a pass every 9 minutes they were on the pitch.

If anything he's getting plenty of slack because of the fact it was his first game - if an experienced pro had come on and played like that he'd be getting pelters.

Archived