Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

The Smiths

The Smiths  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Any good?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Who?

Can't remember if there's been a Smiths poll/thread here in living memory, so as its Thursday, I thought I'd start one.

Always guaranteed to divide opinion....

....so I'll start off by saying that they were ruddy marvellous, and far from being miserablists, wrote some of the funniest, sharpest songs ever. Gawd bless 'em.

My top 5 for today:

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Cemetry Gates

Well I Wonder

Frankly Mr Shankly

Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want This Time

Can't remember if there's been a Smiths poll/thread here in living memory, so as its Thursday, I thought I'd start one.

Always guaranteed to divide opinion....

....so I'll start off by saying that they were ruddy marvellous, and far from being miserablists, wrote some of the funniest, sharpest songs ever. Gawd bless 'em.

My top 5 for today:

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Cemetry Gates

Well I Wonder

Frankly Mr Shankly

Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want This Time

Its Friday me duck but ill let you off as youve started a thread on my most favourite band in the whole wideness of the world.

Morrissey is by far and away my absolute hero and got me through my relatively unhappy childhood and understood when nobody else did. It was Morrissey who inspired me to stay a vegetarian when the rest of my family went back to meat, it was The Smiths who made me pull away from the crowd and stand up for what I believed in at an early age and not follow the crowd just to be liked, which ultimately lead to me being bullied. I could go on!

My top 5 at the moment

Bigmouth strikes again

There is a light that never goes out (my favourite song ever)

Heaven knows im miserable now

Death of a disco dancer

These things take time

:D

Its Friday me duck but ill let you off as youve started a thread on my most favourite band in the whole wideness of the world.

Morrissey is by far and away my absolute hero and got me through my relatively unhappy childhood and understood when nobody else did. It was Morrissey who inspired me to stay a vegetarian when the rest of my family went back to meat, it was The Smiths who made me pull away from the crowd and stand up for what I believed in at an early age and not follow the crowd just to be liked, which ultimately lead to me being bullied. I could go on!

My top 5 at the moment

Bigmouth strikes again

There is a light that never goes out (my favourite song ever)

Heaven knows im miserable now

Death of a disco dancer

These things take time

:D

Well spotted.

:rolleyes::whistle::blush:

• 2 weeks later...

I have had their album for a while, but have never listened to them. But since the thread came up on here, I haven't stopped listening to them.

Favourite song is:

Please please please, let me get what i want. :D

Archived