Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

Allardyce wants England job

I'm not sure about Allardyce.

I admit he's done a wonderful job at Bolton, getting them into Europe, making them an established and respected Premiership club etc etc. He has done remarkably well given the resources available to him and in many respects has done to Bolton what MON did to us.

However, for all this, I strongly dislike the way he sets his team out to play. They play so much long ball it's dire to the neutral, and I think it's such an archaic approach to the modern game (albeit his results speak for themselves). I don't think Allardyce's approach would please England fans and probably the media too, and for that reason I'm not convinced by his England credentials.

However, for all this, I strongly dislike the way he sets his team out to play. They play so much long ball it's dire to the neutral, and I think it's such an archaic approach to the modern game (albeit his results speak for themselves). I don't think Allardyce's approach would please England fans and probably the media too, and for that reason I'm not convinced by his England credentials.

Same here. Bolton are painful to watch, and it's not like they lack ability with players like Okocha and Diouf. Long balls upto Davies head, out for a throw in, long throw in by Okocha to Davies head. That's basically it for 90 minutes.

Wouldn't work for England, so i'm sure he'd take a different approach but you need more than motivation and passion. The tactics he's used to playing are not going to work at international level so it would be a complete change for him. Not a good idea Sam.

Archived