Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
digitalalba

This time next year?

Can we just not talk about things like this just yet??

If last season taught us anything it's not to assume a damn thing!

Being leicester fans we should have learnt that over the years anyway!

Save talk like this for when things are no longer an assumption

Do you think the club is thinking about it?

This time next year:

Leicester City are dead-last in the table.

Mahrez and Vardy have left for Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively.

We've bought Jermaine Beckford, Michael Johnson and Matt Mills on million pound contracts.

Neil Danns plays the Ukulele before each kick-off at the Kaiser Power Stadium.

The Thai consortium has sold the club back to Milan Mandaric for £1.

The stadium will be extended to a whopping 120'000 seats.

Most fans are already looking forward to a new season in the Championship.

Memories will prevail.

And there's a knock on the door.

Oh, look. It's Sven-Göran Eriksson. And he's got Dennis Wise in his pocket.

Well, not really.

but is the kit any good?

If we were to win it this season, we would be the team to beat next season but I think we will start the same way, get the 40 points first.

Anything after is a bonus and we will keep playing this way until/if we establish ourselves as a comfortable top ten side. 

If we were to win it this season, we would be the team to beat next season but I think we will start the same way, get the 40 points first.

Anything after is a bonus and we will keep playing this way until/if we establish ourselves as a comfortable top ten side. 

I don't know if it were tongue in cheek, but Martin O'neil was asked what he target was at the beginning of his last season here, he said to stay up, and that it was Fergies first aim too.

What if we brought in 4 or 5 players of better experience than we have, would/could that enable us to do that quicker, like continually?

Guest CityFan 06

I get those moments of excitement now and again coming to the realization that we could be playing Champions League football next season, this truly is an amazing campaign we are having. I'm happy we're playing in the Premier League again next season and if we win the league as well, it would be incredible. As regards to getting in additions of CL proven type players, I would add 3-5 signings personally. I'd like us to keep this squad together, but added bits of CL quality and experience would be a boost for the squad heading into those Europe games or even just for the regular Premier League matches.

This time next year:

Leicester City are dead-last in the table.

Mahrez and Vardy have left for Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively.

We've bought Jermaine Beckford, Michael Johnson and Matt Mills on million pound contracts.

Neil Danns plays the Ukulele before each kick-off at the Kaiser Power Stadium.

The Thai consortium has sold the club back to Milan Mandaric for £1.

The stadium will be extended to a whopping 120'000 seats.

Most fans are already looking forward to a new season in the Championship.

Memories will prevail.

And there's a knock on the door.

Oh, look. It's Sven-Göran Eriksson. And he's got Dennis Wise in his pocket.

Well, not really.

It's not Dennis Wise, it's just that Sven has just seen Ulrika Jonsson.

Was he referring to all the potential complications?

He didn't actually say anything about possible champions league distractions.  He just seemed clear that we would be heading down.  Said that most teams who come up may last a few seasons, but most go down in he end apart from a lucky few.

I get those moments of excitement now and again coming to the realization that we could be playing Champions League football next season, this truly is an amazing campaign we are having. I'm happy we're playing in the Premier League again next season and if we win the league as well, it would be incredible. As regards to getting in additions of CL proven type players, I would add 3-5 signings personally. I'd like us to keep this squad together, but added bits of CL quality and experience would be a boost for the squad heading into those Europe games or even just for the regular Premier League matches.

Here ly's the conundrum, if we sign 4 CL quality players, if they all play (that's why you sign them), then which current four do you leave out? If we don't sign any, then we could lose big? regular. They won't just play the CL games either. I suppose it's the equivalent of coming up into the premier league and getting rid of Knockart and Nugent etc.

I can't fault any of our starting 11, they're all doing the business, but we'll need a new/another spine and something in an attacking midfield role.

Here ly's the conundrum, if we sign 4 CL quality players, if they all play (that's why you sign them), then which current four do you leave out? If we don't sign any, then we could lose big? regular. They won't just play the CL games either. I suppose it's the equivalent of coming up into the premier league and getting rid of Knockart and Nugent etc.

I can't fault any of our starting 11, they're all doing the business, but we'll need a new/another spine and something in an attacking midfield role.

This squad is clearly going to need depth to handle the fixture congestion next year. No one's necessarily "losing a spot", but certainly Simpson/Albrighton (and potentially Okazaki) are players where rotation can be positive.

And we're making the assumption that our players are showing their true high ability versus having great form, but what if that's not consistently true next year for players like Drinky, Fuchs, Wes, Huth? More options is *always* better if we want to continue to grow as a club.

This squad is clearly going to need depth to handle the fixture congestion next year. No one's necessarily "losing a spot", but certainly Simpson/Albrighton (and potentially Okazaki) are players where rotation can be positive.

And we're making the assumption that our players are showing their true high ability versus having great form, but what if that's not consistently true next year for players like Drinky, Fuchs, Wes, Huth? More options is *always* better if we want to continue to grow as a club.

What CL quality player is going to want to rotate with the 3 you mentioned, they're going to want to be starters.

I would say Albrighton, Okazaki, Morgan (how the fuchs is he captain?? should be Drinkwater) and Huth will not be good enough to sustain a high table position in the coming years and be good enough for the CL.

What CL quality player is going to want to rotate with the 3 you mentioned, they're going to want to be starters.

I would say Albrighton, Okazaki, Morgan (how the fuchs is he captain?? should be Drinkwater) and Huth will not be good enough to sustain a high table position in the coming years and be good enough for the CL.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. Players like Albrighton are probably squad players as this squad continues to grow. It's probably why we've signed players like Amartey and Gray, because they can grow into CL-calibre players.

And when I say rotate, I mean squad rotation. If the players the club brings in are CL-quality players, they are starters. But starters don't have to start all games.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. Players like Albrighton are probably squad players as this squad continues to grow. It's probably why we've signed players like Amartey and Gray, because they can grow into CL-calibre players.

And when I say rotate, I mean squad rotation. If the players the club brings in are CL-quality players, they are starters. But starters don't have to start all games.

I don't think we have seen the end of Albrighton/Shinji's development at the PL level.

Archived