Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FNQ

Away Form

CL "Our away form has always been quite good"

We haven't won away from home this season, last season we won 1 league game away from home under him! 1 away league win in a year.

What the fock is he talking about! He's on another planet.

CL "Our away form has always been quite good"

We haven't won away from home this season, last season we won 1 league game away from home under him! 1 away league win in a year.

What the fock is he talking about! He's on another planet.

If he's talking performance wise, then we have tended to play marginally better away from home, particularly last season.

However, results wise, I personally think the away record under Levein is abysmal. Just one win in a little under a year isn't good enough. We have been in positions to win a number of games away from home, but our vunerability from set pieces and a lack of goals have generally cost us.

Yep, our away form is laughable. Performances don't win points, results do. It's all well and good saying we've performed well but if we don't get 3 points then we may as well have played crap.

We certainly didn't perform well at Cardiff. In fact we were awful until the last quarter when things were getting desperate and Levein was forced to attack.

I only heard it on radio but I got sick of hearing that the ball had been hoofed and there was no support in attack. Hardly an SAS all-for-one, one-for-all mentality. And hardly the recipe for success.

We certainly didn't perform well at Cardiff. In fact we were awful until the last quarter when things were getting desperate and Levein was forced to attack.

I only heard it on radio but I got sick of hearing that the ball had been hoofed and there was no support in attack. Hardly an SAS all-for-one, one-for-all mentality. And hardly the recipe for success.

I also had that impression from the radio broadcast (poor performance). It was very frustrating...

Ehmm why didn't we attack before? :P

Since Sheff Utd gave us a last 10-15min pasting we've seemed scared to attack and play football from the off in the Away games so far, this bothers me. I feel like I (and about 500 odd other City fans) are being taken for mugs when we trek to another country on a Tuesday night to see Levein put out a defensive line up against a shit team like Cardiff, especially as we stuffed a similar team only 4 days prior to that. It takes the piss.

Hopefully we will get a win on Saturday :thumbup:

that would be good.

I think we just need to take more control in the middle of the park. We seem to give away possesion a lot and allow teams to come at us. We should be making it hard for them by passing it around and make them work for the ball. We can then build up an attack and score that way, instead of the HOOF!! It wont get us very far in the long term and we dont really have the players in our team to play it! We have skillfull players like Hughes who like the ball at feet and run with it. They like to pass it around and they are more creative. We need to take full advantage of this and start playing football. its the only way we will win game, both home and away!

Archived