Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
americanfox

Flying into London for Chelsea away -- any advice on tickets?

Okay, so hopefully I don't get as much sh*t compared to the other American who posted about Palace away (amusingly, I actually referred him here from Reddit, so whoops...!).

I just booked my flight to London to make the final matchweek at Stamford Bridge, since it was perfect timing on my end to go on holiday. It's obviously too early so away ticket details haven't been released yet, but it obviously won't make it past STHs with 100+ points or something like that. I'm a Silver Fox, but that's not going to matter for me obviously.

Any thoughts on how I should approach securing 2 tickets? Beg for references? Buy two from anyone who secures two away tickets? Forget about trying to sit with the away support and just find two tickets anywhere (although I doubt this match makes Chelsea general sale)?

It's been over five years since I've last attended a match in England and I've never coordinated away travel before, so I would appreciate any help on getting the details right.

(p.s. I swear I'm not a plastic, so I'd appreciate getting no crap there.)

Okay, so hopefully I don't get as much sh*t compared to the other American who posted about Palace away (amusingly, I actually referred him here from Reddit, so whoops...!).

I just booked my flight to London to make the final matchweek at Stamford Bridge, since it was perfect timing on my end to go on holiday. It's obviously too early so away ticket details haven't been released yet, but it obviously won't make it past STHs with 100+ points or something like that. I'm a Silver Fox, but that's not going to matter for me obviously.

Any thoughts on how I should approach securing 2 tickets? Beg for references? Buy two from anyone who secures two away tickets? Forget about trying to sit with the away support and just find two tickets anywhere (although I doubt this match makes Chelsea general sale)?

It's been over five years since I've last attended a match in England and I've never coordinated away travel before, so I would appreciate any help on getting the details right.

(p.s. I swear I'm not a plastic, so I'd appreciate getting no crap there.)

When i was a 16 me and my mates were desperate to go see us play Forest at the City Ground... However, the away allocation was sold out so we thought we would be well hard and went and Got tickets for what was then the Forest kop. We even dressed in Leicester shirts. As the day came and we were on the train over, we were beginning to think that this might not actually be the best idea., and soon came to the collusion the closer to the ground we got that it was, indeed, not wise at all.

So I formed a plan. as we approached their end nervous wrecks, i told my friends to leave it with me and i went over to a policemen and looked all shocked and asked him if this was the City end to which he  told us that it was. I explained to him that we were here to celebrate my friends birthday and his dad brought the tickets through an agency and we couldnt possibly go in here as we were all Leicester fans and we showed him all our Leicester tops under our jackets. He found a way of putting us in the Leicester end. 

Forest tickets were a few quid cheaper for home support than away support as well. Bargain.  :cool:

Two words: 

Home end. 

Right, just find a tout that way? I doubt it makes general sale for home end for that match, is what I'm thinking. I'm not opposed to sitting home end if that's what it takes, but just want to get the details straight for this particular match.

Right, just find a tout that way? I doubt it makes general sale for home end for that match, is what I'm thinking. I'm not opposed to sitting home end if that's what it takes, but just want to get the details straight for this particular match.

If the amount of touts outside yesterday is anything to go by. You will have no problem.

Archived