Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dominicmsb

Football Kits - 2016/17

13 hours ago, dominicmsb said:

Shocking Nike are still using that awful template.

I actually think the new England kit is nice after seeing it being worn in a game rather than in promo photos. It's much nicer than the red one. In fact the nicer kits with that template tend to be the ones where there is less of a contrast between the two colours used.

What's shocking to me is that they've designed successive kits with the same template. I get that templates are used because the makers do kits for so many teams these days, and it helps to maintain a recognisable brand. Amateur teams can also have their own kits with the same templates. It's all fantastic business for Nike, Adidas, Joma, Puma, etc.

But when the same template is used for two successive kit designs, and the kits are replaced so frequently now, it does feel like a complete con for fans. The last England kit I bought was for Euro 2012. I can't really be bothered with England kits because they never play many games in them.

Archived