Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Random Burglar

New England Manager?

Mourinho drops England job hint

Chelsea boss Mourinho says he feels at home in London

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has suggested that he may be interested in coaching England in the future.

"It's true that part of me feels like an Englishman now," Mourinho, 42, said in an interview with Time Out magazine.

"If I stay here for the next five years, the length of my contract, I will feel even more English.

"With six years of loving London and England I'll have something of England and the people in my heart so I could do (the job) in a professional way."

But the charismatic Portuguese-born Blues boss also stated that he felt the job was best suited to an Englishman.

"I still think it's really for an English person," he added.

Mourinho has made a huge impact in English football and last season led Chelsea to the top-flight title for the first time in 50 years.

The Chelsea boss also had words of praise for current England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson.

"At the moment the England job is for Sven, who is a top professional and who also does it with a bit of England in his heart," he said.

Chelsea had money before Mourinho arrived, and they didn't win anything. Although I respect Ranieri. Also Mourinho didn't have much money when he was at Porto.

He probably would make a good manager, but I can't see it happening. According to SSN, he would rather be the Portugal manager one day.

Who knows whether or not he'd be successful but I'd love to see him get the job just because of his character. It makes a change to have someone who doesnt answer questions like hes reading them from a sheet of paper.

...and it would make a change to have someone who didn't say "X played rather well today" - even though they were clearly have a mare :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Definately Stuart Pearce,he's passionate,get's the best of players,and he's played under Brian Clough and has obviously learned some things from the great man,like instructing his players not to argue with referees.Psycho for England :D

he certaintly does have passion but I still think he has alot to learn we had the passion element before with Keegan but at international level it really showed how clueless he was when it came to tactics!! I think Pearce should be the next next England manager!!

I think it's almost definate thatr Steve Mclaren will be the next manager which is a shame as he already takes training and is the most vocal on the touchline so I really can't see the situation being any different from how it is now

Archived